• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle looking like a serious Superbowl repeat contender

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to worry Seahawks may be down but they will...

ill_be_back_terminator.gif

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle was the most penalized team in the NFL. They were able to overcome officiating and take home their 1st Lombardi.
This year looks to be the same.
Safety is paramount.
I am surprised to read so many NFL fans prefer the enforcement of no contact in this watered down sport. I would prefer the refs stay out of it unless an obvious foul and let the boys play their best.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting indeed.....I am not a fan of the ra ra college coach that failed miserably 2 times before this NFL HC job.....
Taking nothing away from last yrs team that was awesome ,especially on D......It is my belief that when you have that kind of talent on a team, most decent coaches could win with them, now we get to see what Pete the Piper comes up with when his team is being tested from within and without......
The proof is in the puddin'......:nod:

Pete did more than just coach that team. He (along with JS) built it. You make it sound like he took over a SB team.
Poor try Dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh Seattle is super banged up right now (like the 49ers). If they make the playoffs and get healthy, both teams should be a force. Denver looks improved this year but they haven't been bit by the injury bug (may not happen).

All about those injuries. Seattle pretty much avoided it last year with exception of the O-Line and Harvin (who proved to be a bigger liability when healthy this year) but they got healthy at the right time.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Seattle has been the most overrated team in the league the last 2 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh Seattle is super banged up right now (like the 49ers). If they make the playoffs and get healthy, both teams should be a force. Denver looks improved this year but they haven't been bit by the injury bug (may not happen).

All about those injuries. Seattle pretty much avoided it last year with exception of the O-Line and Harvin (who proved to be a bigger liability when healthy this year) but they got healthy at the right time.

So I guess our field general on defense being gone all but a little more than 1 game means nothing or that our starting RB is out at this point? I'm not saying the Broncos are snake bitten by injuries like some of the other teams in the league but it is not like they have every starter on the field either. Trevathan by his teammates is considered one of if not the most valuable player on our defense which is saying something with guys like Ware and Miller on the team. He is the one that gets everybody in the right position and is the only linebacker that is consistently trusted to be on the field all 3 downs. He is our Patrick Willis. Obviously not to the level of Patrick Willis but he is the one guy that week in and week out gives consistent performance on the field and finds a way to make plays. When our defense was banged up so bad last year Trevathan was the guy that always seemed to find a way to make the game-changing play we needed to secure the win.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's better to slump early than slump late... We'll figure it out...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has been the most overrated team in the league the last 2 years.

Say's who... ? You ? :L Last time I checked a team that wins the Super-Bowl isn't considered over-rated hater.... Get back to me when Chicago get's back there and wins one... it's been 30 years since that happened.. show some respect

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say's who... ? You ? :L Last time I checked a team that wins the Super-Bowl isn't considered over-rated hater.... Get back to me when Chicago get's back there and wins one... it's been 30 years since that happened.. show some respect

I think he means because they only went 24-8 in what was then the toughest division in football and they only went 4-1 in the playoffs those years, plus they only had the #1 ranked defense that they were overrated. Either that or because they only won one Superbowl in the past two years. That could be it too. He makes a good point really.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he means because they only went 24-8 in what was then the toughest division in football and they only went 4-1 in the playoffs those years, plus they only had the #1 ranked defense that they were overrated. Either that or because they only won one Superbowl in the past two years. That could be it too. He makes a good point really.

I can count on one hand the number of times the NFCWest has been the toughest division, so how many years are you thinking you held that title to be able to go 24-8?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can count on one hand the number of times the NFCWest has been the toughest division, so how many years are you thinking you held that title to be able to go 24-8?

Just the last two years. 24-8 includes all the games over two years but 12 of those were in the NFC west. Maybe I worded it wrong.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the last two years. 24-8 includes all the games over two years but 12 of those were in the NFC west. Maybe I worded it wrong.

Seems to me that the case for calling the NFCW the best division is much stronger for '13 than for '12. That division was pretty top heavy in '12, with St. Louis and AZ combining for a 12-19-1 record and scoring a combined 156 fewer points than they gave up.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division rivals are always tough Misko. I was encouraged that the Seahawks are getting back to basics. The OL has me worried, hoping Unger can make it back ASAP.

Yeah, that loss against the Rams must have been real encouraging.

:rollseyes:

The Cowboys record is fools gold and they completely butt fucked Seattle all over the field in Seattle. That must have been pretty encouraging too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like the Harvin trade. It shows that management will admit they screwed it up and will take their losses and move on. A lot of teams just keep hanging on to losers trying to cover their ass.

Exactly.

What's not to like about trading a first, third, and seventh round pick for a guy who basically plays 5 games in a season and a half worth of football then sending him away for a conditional pick? That has success written all over it.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

What's not to like about trading a first, third, and seventh round pick for a guy who basically plays 5 games in a season and a half worth of football then sending him away for a conditional pick? That has success written all over it.

Didn't seem to hurt the team last year. I remember that season being pretty successful.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the balls to admit it was a mistake and move on isn't something to scoff at. yeah, trading that much for a player that contributed so little probably sucks. But keeping him because he "just has to workout" and allow it to drag the entire team down with him is what losers do. It's not as if they couldn't win without him.

I do think just his threat on the field opened up their offense more than his actual production did and they're going to have to adjust to that, but I wouldn't be to upset with sending him packing if I was a fan of the team and the reports are even mostly true.