• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle looking like a serious Superbowl repeat contender

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its that at all. Most people dont like Seattle because of the fans and players. Ive read in this thread you Seahawks fans talking shit to fans of bad teams and saying you wish you had a team like ours this and that. The truth is we hate Seattle because they talk too much shit. I dont remember packer fans talking trash when they won the Superbowl. All you Seahawks fans just need to shut up because you're team is 3-3 and cant win on the road. Without home field they are not very good. No offense to Rams fans but you lost to Austin Davis who is a 3rd string QB. He started 8-8 in the game. If the Seahawks werent so arrogant maybe everybody doesn't hate them.

Really to me it's their prick coach that annoys me the most. Some of their fans are annoying but show me the fanbase that doesn't have a few pricks and I'll show you a team with few fans.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love threads like these. :happy:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, earl thomas is pointing fingers isn't he? Isn't he the guy that said the refs need to stop calling penalties and "let us dominate again"? lel

Seattle's penalty issues haven't been in the secondary for the most part. The bulk of the penalties are coming from the O-line. Between false starts and holding the O-line has been brutal. Of course they are so bad that if they don't try to jump early or hold rushers there is nothing to stop the defense from killing Wilson.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the Seahawks Rams game thread on the Seahawks home page I swear every Seahawks fan is blaming the refs. How sad is it that fans of the last Superbowl Champion are just blaming the refs for there losses? Its bad enough that the Seahawks players blame the refs but now the fans. How pathetic. :L Just saying.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interneting is serious business. You can't just post what you think at the moment, you have to be right into perpetuity, sir.

LOL : drops the bottle and walks off "stage" :

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the Seahawks Rams game thread on the Seahawks home page I swear every Seahawks fan is blaming the refs. How sad is it that fans of the last Superbowl Champion are just blaming the refs for there losses? Its bad enough that the Seahawks players blame the refs but now the fans. How pathetic. :L Just saying.

Not "every". Many are though.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can understand even fans doing that. Here is what I was talking about

Earl Thomas: Refs need to stay out of it and let us dominate | ProFootballTalk

“Yeah. At least give us a shot. But you know what? I’m not surprised with the referees this season. If you really look at some plays, we’re playing more than our opponents. We’re playing the referees too. I don’t care what anybody is saying. Something is wrong. That needs to be brought up,” Thomas said, via the Seattle Times. “It’s kind of crazy how football is turning out now. You give a guy, just because he wears a white and black shirt, he has authority of the game. Man, they need to stay out of it — that’s my key — and let us dominate.”

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gross mischaracterization at best. Read that thread again and what I recall was a lot of people bitching about the coaching, the defense not stepping up, the complete garbage O line, and the inexcusable embarrassment of having special team lapses/issues cost you a game. If there are asshats blaming everything on the refs they are the exception. Read through the other threads and see what disdain there is for all the aforementioned issues.

People always talk about the last play or the last problem in a game as though that was the difference. In this game we all saw camera angles where Sherman fell on that loose fumble so why wouldn't some feel like they had their comeback chances dashed on questionable calls? To say our fans are then saying that is why they lost is just not true. Seattle lost because the rookie WR on the first kickoff failed to hold his lane and allowed the Rams to return it all the way to the 30 something of the hawks and left them with a really short field, they bit on a highschool like trick play on a punt that gave a free 7 points away, and failed to account for a standard fake punt.

Special teams killed that game, not the refs, not the fucking god awful o line, and not the defense that couldn't stop the rams late.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, all three teams that have beaten them had to play above themselves to do it - but they did it. 3 losses is 3 losses.

It will be interesting to see how Carroll handles this in the next few weeks.

Very interesting indeed.....I am not a fan of the ra ra college coach that failed miserably 2 times before this NFL HC job.....
Taking nothing away from last yrs team that was awesome ,especially on D......It is my belief that when you have that kind of talent on a team, most decent coaches could win with them, now we get to see what Pete the Piper comes up with when his team is being tested from within and without......
The proof is in the puddin'......:nod:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting indeed.....I am not a fan of the ra ra college coach that failed miserably 2 times before this NFL HC job.....
Taking nothing away from last yrs team that was awesome ,especially on D......It is my belief that when you have that kind of talent on a team, most decent coaches could win with them, now we get to see what Pete the Piper comes up with when his team is being tested from within and without......
The proof is in the puddin'......:nod:

They definitely are seeing what happens after a Super Bowl...Teams pick the team apart (Seattle lost some good depth guys who were not quite starters but provided quality snaps), players want to get paid for their play (Sherman and Thomas taking big contracts), teams start gunning for the Champion (teams usually put a little more emphasis on taking down the Champion), and with having played the extra games usually a few more injuries start showing up than in years past as that is just that much more grind on the body for those guys. Throw in probably one of the hardest things in the NFL to accomplish is that of a cohesive lockerroom. Having that many players, coaches, FO, and others all be unified is no easy task. We are starting to see in Seattle some of the inner turmoil pulling the team apart. When you start seeing the blame game take place after losses it usually does not bode well for the future. At this point the coaches and players just need to take personal responsibility for what has happened and work to move forward.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I took part that thread, but I'd like to point out that my issue was not about blaming the refs for the loss. Obviously special teams were to blame. If they don't allow two big plays it doesn't even come down to officiating. My issue is ( and has been for awhile) how terrible the officiating in this league has been for the past several years. With all the new rules and technology they have at their disposal they still manage to blow call after call. There is zero accountability for officials in this league unless you are a replacement ref, in which case god help you if you let an extra two seconds run off the clock or something because the sports media will be all over your ass.

This is not just in games involving the Seahawks, but I can name at least three potentially game changing calls that have been blown by officials in just 6 Seattle games this season.

1. Week 2 against San Diego Percy Harvin scores on a long rushing touchdown where he CLEARLY steps out of bounds. The rules state all scoring plays are reviewed, this one obviously doesn't get looked at because a retarded ape could have seen it wasn't a TD.

2. Week 5 against Washington Percy Harvin scores a TD on a deep pass. Play is called back because James Carpenter blocked a guy too hard. Really, that's what the call was. He knocked a guy to the ground and then when the guy tried to get back up he knocked him back down. Flagged for unnecessary roughness.

3. Yesterday against the Rams. Tre Mason fumbles, there is no clear recovery ( the ref comes out with the ball from the pile) ruled Rams ball without question. Obviously it's hard to tell who recovered the ball in a scrum like that, but in a game changing moment how do you not at least look at it?

While we're on the subject of Seattle/St.Louis games I think most Seattle fans recall their week 17 game last year when a Rams player was ejected for knocking a ref's hat off. Video evidence shows it was a complete accident and several officials are looking at it right when it happens, yet the official who gets his hat knocked off throws the guy out of the game and not one officials corrects him.

Of course there have been multiple others this year in other games. I think somebody mentioned the facemask call in the SD-KC game yesterday. It's just a complete joke. You can call me a whiner or whatever but the fact is if I did my job as poorly as some of these zebra shit lords do you bet your ass I'd be fired.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officiating is just part of the game. People keep complaining about how the refs are so much worse but completely ignore the fact that the rule book seems to have doubled in size over the last 10 years meaning these refs have so much more to look for on every single play. So then to ask them to go through hundreds of pages of rules in their head in a matter of a few seconds per play is asking a lot of these guys.

Also to point towards the times your team was on the bad side of a call is to ignore that the same thing happens to the other team throughout the game that could have changed the game even more to a blowout. It happens in every game where there are some controversial calls. When you are on the losing side of things on the call and in the game it makes it much easier to see such things.

Now yesterday's fumble you have no clue whether they reviewed it or not. Just because the ref on the field didn't review the play doesn't mean that it wasn't reviewed. The play happened in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter so the booth would have reviewed the play. I'm sure they saw what all of us saw in it was impossible to tell at the bottom of the pile who actually started with the football. They came to the conclusion that there just wasn't any evidence to overturn the fact that a St. Louis player ended up with the football. This happens in fumble piles all the time where the player who actually lands on the ball is not the player that ends up with it in the end.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officiating is just part of the game. People keep complaining about how the refs are so much worse but completely ignore the fact that the rule book seems to have doubled in size over the last 10 years meaning these refs have so much more to look for on every single play. So then to ask them to go through hundreds of pages of rules in their head in a matter of a few seconds per play is asking a lot of these guys.

I am aware of this. But the blown calls I've listed were pretty obvious and not some random oddly specific rule. Every scoring play is reviewed, yet Percy Harvin clearly steps out of bounds and it isn't called back? That was some clear incompetence by the refs. If you really want to bring up the rule book argument then you have to acknowledge that the tools the officials have to get the right calls have increased significantly as well. And again, I'm talking big, obviously game-changing blown calls anyway.

Also to point towards the times your team was on the bad side of a call is to ignore that the same thing happens to the other team throughout the game that could have changed the game even more to a blowout. It happens in every game where there are some controversial calls. When you are on the losing side of things on the call and in the game it makes it much easier to see such things.

I listed four blown calls, two of them would not have benefited my team. In fact the two worst ones benefited my team IMO.

Now yesterday's fumble you have no clue whether they reviewed it or not. Just because the ref on the field didn't review the play doesn't mean that it wasn't reviewed. The play happened in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter so the booth would have reviewed the play. I'm sure they saw what all of us saw in it was impossible to tell at the bottom of the pile who actually started with the football. They came to the conclusion that there just wasn't any evidence to overturn the fact that a St. Louis player ended up with the football. This happens in fumble piles all the time where the player who actually lands on the ball is not the player that ends up with it in the end.

If I recall correctly turnovers are automatically reviewed so you're right we might not know. However, given how quickly they picked the ball up, moved it to the designated spot and snapped the ball again it sure didn't look like they had time to review it. They certainly could have, but in general it seems like they take more time than that when reviewing controversial scores/turnovers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every play under 2 minutes is reviewed by the booth so yes the play was reviewed. As much as you Hawk fans are wanting the refs to have actually physically gone under the hood the best guys for making the call are actually up in the booth and they made the decision that the play just would not have been overturned. So again the play was reviewed just didn't have the pomp and circumstance of the ref on the field going under the hood.

The step out of bounds by Percy Harvin yes was a play that with technology should have been overturned. Not sure though how you can argue whether that helps or hurts your team. Yes I can see the side of they scored so quickly it put the defense back on the field but at the same time then you are not guaranteed your team scores those points either. San Diego just pretty much dominated that game from start to finish so whether they got that call right or not San Diego just was the better team on the field. Same with yesterday in Austin Davis of all people made that secondary look like a bottom tier team. You can argue some of that was injuries but they still had the 3 All-Pro secondary players on the field. So 3 of the 4 positions in the secondary still had top level players. I would think good coaching could help cover up the vacant spot at the other corner position.