• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle looking like a serious Superbowl repeat contender

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. It was precisely the myopic view of the OP and the support it drew from other Seattle fans that I found laughable. I mean, anyone who thinks that by watching the first game of an NFL season he has learned much about which team "looks like strong contenders" to wind up champs will never be accused of taking the long view. :lol:

If you so say. Either way, it was a laughably myopic thread when it was posted and it attracted a lot of laughably myopic posts from Seattle fans.

I just went back and browsed the whole first page of this thread (40 posts) and didn't find a single Seattle fan jumping on any bandwagon from the OP's post.

Where is this terribly myopic SUPPORT he drew from our fans you speak of? :noidea:

Saw more non Seahawk fans bantering and very little 'unbeatable' stuff.

Looks more to me like you wanted to find a way to troll up some drama after Seattle lost today and went digging for things to support it, but I'm not seeing much meat on these bones.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? he gave up 0 td's and I think they threw his way 4 times. weak link?

ESPN article said Rivers was 5-5 for 60 yards throwing at Sherman. Dont know if you can consider that a weak link or not but compared to Rodgers avoiding him altogether it certainly wasnt his best game.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN article said Rivers was 5-5 for 60 yards throwing at Sherman. Dont know if you can consider that a weak link or not but compared to Rodgers avoiding him altogether it certainly wasnt his best game.

I believe Rivers was 5-5 throwing to the right side, Sherman is normally out there but not necessarily on the guy that caught the ball... still, 60 yds is nothing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all splitting hairs really. No Seattle defender will say they had a good game. It was a very off night for them all, Sherman included.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you making shit up? Outside of maybe just a few posts this thread is all fans of other teams and some Seahawks fans saying "we're not crowning them champs yet, we just love their chances."

Go ahead. Read through the thread and find all these myopic-unreasonable homer posts. I mean its littered with them right?

That's a funny question. Read the OP, the "few posts" that you mention, and then look at the scoreboard. Seems to me that performing that simple exercise will leave only the most intellectually dishonest Seattle homers claiming that this thread, posted on the NFL General Board, isn't ridiculously myopic.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a funny question. Read the OP, the "few posts" that you mention, and then look at the scoreboard. Seems to me that performing that simple exercise will leave only the most intellectually dishonest Seattle homers claiming that this thread, posted on the NFL General Board, isn't ridiculously myopic.

No, he was telling you, just like I did, that there weren't tons of Seattle fans joining the OP as you suggested. This was one persons opinion and the thread turned in different directions with lots of non seattle fans chiming in. We see Seattle fans saying we like our team and that's about it.

But you keep piling on this. Will make for some wonderful bump ups next week if things don't go your way.

:suds:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he was telling you, just like I did, that there weren't tons of Seattle fans joining the OP as you suggested. This was one persons opinion and the thread turned in different directions with lots of non seattle fans chiming in. We see Seattle fans saying we like our team and that's about it.

But you keep piling on this. Will make for some wonderful bump ups next week if things don't go your way.

Like I just posted, I realize that not every Seattle fan has the intellectual honesty to admit that the OP was dumb when it was posted. I'm not interested enough to go back and find the posts that defended the OP when I called it dumb last week. If it's not already evident to you, then I doubt I can convince you about that now. Hope the right team wins this week. Regardless of the outcome, however, I won't be making stupid claims about a team having established itself, on the basis of one game, as a "strong SB contender".

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I just posted, I realize that not every Seattle fan has the intellectual honesty to admit that the OP was dumb when it was posted. I'm not interested enough to go back and find the posts that defended the OP when I called it dumb last week. If it's not already evident to you, then I doubt I can convince you about that now. Hope the right team wins this week. Regardless of the outcome, however, I won't be making stupid claims about a team having established itself, on the basis of one game, as a "strong SB contender".

You are one stubborn SOB aren't you? Not sure how many ways we can say that none of us agreed with what he said in this thread and yet you painted a blanket picture of us all being on board with it. That's what others have brought up. Not your characterization of the OP, but that you dragged ALL of us in with him. And yet you STILL won't just let that go. :tsk:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are one stubborn SOB aren't you? Not sure how many ways we can say that none of us agreed with what he said in this thread and yet you painted a blanket picture of us all being on board with it. That's what others have brought up. Not your characterization of the OP, but that you dragged ALL of us in with him. And yet you STILL won't just let that go. :tsk:

LMAO Guess you're one ignorant SOB. You claiming that you speak for everyone who ever posted in this thread when you say that the OP is stupid?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: The OP said Seattle looks like a serious SB repeat CONTENDER. He in no way said anything about not losing a game (going after the '72 fins), nor any other outrageous claim other than they are a serious contender. How is that myopic and how was any of that proven wrong in the loss today?

Fact: NOT 1 SEATTLE FAN said anything that you intimate TD's. NOT ONE. I went back and looked at the first 80 posts and didn't find a single Seattle fan saying anything outrageous after that win. I read a lot of cautious optimism.

Opinion: You are seriously overreacting to this thread, what was actually said and what it meant.

Either way, have a good week and lets hope for a good game next weekend with neither team coming out of it with substantial injuries.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you were interested enough to bump this old thread and go back and forth with Wiz? I thought that you said that there were lots of these posts, shouldn't be hard to find. But then again, when they only exist in your mind.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you were interested enough to bump this old thread and go back and forth with Wiz? I thought that you said that there were lots of these posts, shouldn't be hard to find. But then again, when they only exist in your mind.

Some people are just too stubborn to admit when they might have overreacted a bit. The only two
Seattle fans that posted on the first page of this thread were Harold and I and neither were crowing over that win. Oh well. :noidea:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does the phrase "intellectual honesty" totally escape you? The only reason I bumped this old thread was to illustrate how myopic the OP is. Still haven't seen a Seattle fan own up to that, though I've read that I'm "making shit up" and "a stubborn SOB" by claiming that there are posts in this thread (among the 200+) that support the ideas expressed in the OP. LOL Guess this board really is the Husky lap dog board.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an idea sport. How about posting quotes to support your claims or at least explaining them instead of just hurling insults?

I didn't mean anything by saying you were a stubborn SOB, at least not as you took it. I was being light hearted, but it seems you are totally into turning this into some kind of bitch session.

What did the OP actually say, not your interpretation, that was so outrageous that it warranted a bump up and laugh? And show us some examples of "and the support it drew from other Seattle fans". Doing so would go a lot farther than simply slipping more and more down to the questioning intelligence BS that just gets so old on this board.

Here's a clue though, you will find MANY MANY posts by Seattle fans where they were being cautious and simply saying they like their chances, but it's a long season with injuries and other funny stuff that happens. If that's all that was said by most then you can see why your reaction here today seems a bit over the top right?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the phrase "intellectual honesty" totally escape you? The only reason I bumped this old thread was to illustrate how myopic the OP is. Still haven't seen a Seattle fan own up to that, though I've read that I'm "making shit up" and "a stubborn SOB" by claiming that there are posts in this thread (among the 200+) that support the ideas expressed in the OP. LOL Guess this board really is the Husky lap dog board.

OK man. You showed the op what's what.... And all those many Seahawk fans making ridiculous boasts.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an idea sport. How about posting quotes to support your claims or at least explaining them instead of just hurling insults?

I didn't mean anything by saying you were a stubborn SOB, at least not as you took it. I was being light hearted, but it seems you are totally into turning this into some kind of bitch session.

What did the OP actually say, not your interpretation, that was so outrageous that it warranted a bump up and laugh? And show us some examples of "and the support it drew from other Seattle fans". Doing so would go a lot farther than simply slipping more and more down to the questioning intelligence BS that just gets so old on this board.

Here's a clue though, you will find MANY MANY posts by Seattle fans where they were being cautious and simply saying they like their chances, but it's a long season with injuries and other funny stuff that happens. If that's all that was said by most then you can see why your reaction here today seems a bit over the top right?

Despite your condescending tone (e.g., when you address me as "sport", you seem to fancy yourself as a Gatsby like figure :lol:), I have to admit that I probably shouldn't have bumped this thread.

I do think that you are a good poster, however, so I settled down and read back through most of the thread. Have to admit that you are right that I couldn't find any Seattle posts that really expressed this, which is from the OP, the title of which I needn't reproduce (clue: it's at the top of your browser :lol:) :
"The Seahawks have made the Packers look like a varsity team out there today, this should be a message to the rest of the NFL that the Seahawks remain the NFL's premiere team "

Juxtapose that ^ title with that ^ quote and it strikes me as very naive. (Any Seattle fans wish to share their thoughts on that? :lol:)

Also, when I read back through the thread I discovered why I probably chose to bump it, namely, that I am so very persuaded by what I had written about the notion of "a team to beat" heading into the season. Is Seattle still "the team to beat"? Las Vegas posts odds about that, but anyone who has ever followed sport knows its capricious nature.

Hope Denver wins at Seattle on Sunday, of course, but I'm not foolish enough to expect that we do. I know it's a tall order. And if justice prevails, I certainly won't start a thread about how Denver is the team to beat -- certainly not on the general board.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP said he FEELS like this is a better team than last year and it is still the team to beat this year. Based it on one game. Little over the top? Maybe, but no other fans jumped on in support of him and as I said, that's what others questioned you on tonight. I can show you a dozen posts where we all said we like our chances, we should be considered contenders, but anything can happen and it's a long season.

Nothing that happened today changes any of that. Not one single bit. I still like our chances. I still think they are contenders. And I still think it's a long season where injuries can change things in a hurry.

And you have to stop being so sensitive with specific words. I wasn't trying to be condescending either. Not sure what words I can use that don't offend or otherwise bother you.

If you'd like to know if the OP still feels the same then ask him, just leave the rest of us out of it as none of us were a part of his post. That's all.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will still have a big home field advantage, which is a big deal in the playoffs.

off topic: Another sure bet this week is that the SD Chargers will lose.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

He said that the Seahawks were lookING like a SB contender after the first week of the season. He didn't make any sort of prediction about what we would look like after week 2.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly there are some people here with serious reading comprehension issues. Somehow saying that the Seahawks are looking like serious Super Bowl repeat contenders is somehow a grossly myopic statement. Apparently the Seahawks are not looking like serious Super Bowl contenders.