• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle looking like a serious Superbowl repeat contender

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I read it all. Just pointing out that your opinion is consistent with the odds that the bookmakers posted before the game tonight even kicked off. Doubt that game moved the odds too much more in favor of Seattle. After all, there are still fifteen more games in Week 1.

True, true.

:suds:

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settle down Seahawks fans!

The Seahawks are a very good team, but it's one game. Russell Wilson is a good quarterback, but he's not an all-pro. I understand you all are riding the high of being SB champs but you guys are turning into bigger homers than your owner is a techy nerd. The Packers aren't as bad as it looked last night and the Seahawks are not as good. It was one game of 16, half the teams will win the first week, it doesn't mean anything long term.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet, another thread just for us....

GO HAWKS!!! Best team in the league!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are a very good team, but it's one game. Russell Wilson is a good quarterback, but he's not an all-pro. I understand you all are riding the high of being SB champs but you guys are turning into bigger homers than your owner is a techy nerd. The Packers aren't as bad as it looked last night and the Seahawks are not as good. It was one game of 16, half the teams will win the first week, it doesn't mean anything long term.

And if you'd actually read any of what is really said, Seahawk fans aren't out saying the season is over.

The people who need to settle down are the overreacting fans such as yourself.

Seattle is good. Very good. No one can deny that without showing how little they know about football.

The season is long and injuries are the rule, not the exception. Seattle might be a favorite, but that doesn't mean they will make the playoffs, win the NFC, and win the SB. Just means many, including the pundits, really like their chances if nothing major does happen to them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, don't start new threads to basically respond to people from other threads.

This time of year there are lots of new threads and posts without the need to have 10 threads on basically the same topic.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, don't start new threads to basically respond to people from other threads.

This time of year there are lots of new threads and posts without the need to have 10 threads on basically the same topic.

This, I feel like I'm going through a million threads when I'm looking in this section

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is among 3-4 favorite teams in the NFC and coming out of the gate hot only reinforces that. Nothing in that statement says, nor implies they can't end up not winning the NFC or the SB.

Agree. Top tier going into the year had to be Seattle, San Fran, GB and NO

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good! They are doing something right then. Few ever hate an irrelevant team. Just a fact.

:clap:

Because people are saying they look like a contender now, not a slam dunk SB winning team? Talk about overreacting.

So you want others to have humility and yet vengeance is perfectly acceptable? :whistle:

Again, many Seattle fans say their team looks like contenders/favorites/etc and all of you come out as if they said there is no way they don't repeat. That's a huge leap from what is actually said.

There is a HUGE difference between being a favored team at this point and actually winning it all and pretty much every fan you all chide have said that. In fact I'm tired of having to * every post with a if they stay healthy, anything can happen because it's a long season, etc. We know it, we understand it, and aren't denying it. So stop being such dipshits with this 'lets not play anymore games and just crown them' bullshit.

Seattle is among 3-4 favorite teams in the NFC and coming out of the gate hot only reinforces that. Nothing in that statement says, nor implies they can't end up not winning the NFC or the SB.

...and yet you clap for a post that is similarly not what was said.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, I feel like I'm going through a million threads when I'm looking in this section
We try our best to merge same topic threads while still letting everyone have their opinions shared.
Agree. Top tier going into the year had to be Seattle, San Fran, GB and NO
And any of them could win the NFC. Not impossible an outside dark horse could emerge either.

But every time one of us says our team is a contender people act as though we just said the season is already over. :L

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the Seahawks fans bask in the glory of one game. They deserve it after sucking so bad in their 38 years in the NFL.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We try our best to merge same topic threads while still letting everyone have their opinions shared.

And any of them could win the NFC. Not impossible an outside dark horse could emerge either.

But every time one of us says our team is a contender people act as though we just said the season is already over. :L

You get the feeling that folks think we should be humble enough not to point out that we are contenders. That's not happening. Besides twisting the contender issue, they like to claim we call Wilson elite, when in fact we just say he's been great and will be elite IOO.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and yet you clap for a post that is similarly not what was said.
Nobody ever said Seahawks fans were the sharpest tools in the shed.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get the feeling that folks think we should be humble enough not to point out that we are contenders. That's not happening. Besides twisting the contender issue, they like to claim we call Wilson elite, when in fact we just say he's been great and will be elite IOO.
There is such a thing as having pride in your team without being obnoxious about it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its definitely weird. They just make this entire narrative and run with it that Seahawk fans claim they're going undefeated and winning another title, and Wilson is "elite" and this and that. Theyre really creating their own self fulfilling prophecy. At least on this board that's what's going on. I know there's a lot of bandwagon Seahawk trolls out there in internetland, but on SportsHoopla most of us are regulars that dont care if you dont like Russell Wilson or the Seahawks, but bring a real argument that you can back up without making it about the fans.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is such a thing as having pride in your team without being obnoxious about it.

Matter of perspective I guess, I don't think Seahawks fans are obnoxious for the most part, but you sure get folks who try to twist what they say to make it sound obnoxious.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And there's such a thing as not agreeing without creating threads and going bat shit crazy on every Seahawk fan who dares to like their own team.

Without these types of comments there would be nothing to be annoyed about.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matter of perspective I guess, I don't think Seahawks fans are obnoxious for the most part, but you sure get folks who try to twist what they say to make it sound obnoxious.

Lol, ya, it happens all the time here.. Funny as hell actually.:pound:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Seattle still playing at a higher level than any team in the league and the team to beat? LOL Week 1 led to Week 2. Still quite a bit of the season to play out.