• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle @ Detroit - Week 4

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense is a HUGE problem, been saying it all year..... I mean yes we won thanks to our offense but we made Jared Goof... JARED FUCKIN' GOOF, look like like an all pro out there today....

Promote Waldron to head coach, and then fire Pete and that dork Clint and we're good to go.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually just texting a friend that Russell Wilson is currently on pace to be sacked 51 times this year.

Most times he has been sacked in a season? 51, back in 2018.

Oh it's driving me nuts my dude. I said numerous times that a lot of the sacks Wilson has are on Wilson. When you have an all pro left tackle visibly yelling at you on the field, there's more than just PFF/ESPN stats. And sure enough, I've watched a number of videos from YouTube and read articles from ESPN/PFF where there's question marks all over the place about the ability of Denver's OL and whether they are allowing too much pressure. Ya know what? I was wrong. I said that I wasn't expecting those articles until midseason... turns out they came in week 3.

I don't think Wilson played bad against the Raiders... but as of now Seattle is the clear cut winners of the trade (even though our defense sucks ass). It was veeeeeeeery clear to me Wilson wanted nothing to do with Waldron's system last year and abandoned it numerous times with his "hold onto the ball forever and chuck it deep" mentality.

Anyway - onto next week which we should begin with firing Clint "the derp" Hurtt...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense is a HUGE problem, been saying it all year..... I mean yes we won thanks to our offense but we made Jared Goof... JARED FUCKIN' GOOF, look like like an all pro out there today....

Promote Waldron to head coach, and then fire Pete and that dork Clint and we're good to go.

Yes Jared Goff the same QB that would light Seattle up when he played for the LA Rams. But that same Jared Goff gave us the TO like he always does. Geno had a great day but I would take Goff over Geno. I don't trust him yet but if he can play like he did today for a couple weeks in a row I might start to believe in him a little. We have seen this before, he looks like a stud them POOF! woops where did it go?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Jared Goff the same QB that would light Seattle up when he played for the LA Rams. But that same Jared Goff gave us the TO like he always does. Geno had a great day but I would take Goff over Geno. I don't trust him yet but if he can play like he did today for a couple weeks in a row I might start to believe.

Well most people would take Goff over Geno, yah. You also say that Goff gave us the TO like he always does, so I'm a little confused by your comment.

Yah Goff is the more talented QB. That said, Geno clearly is on board with Waldron's system and playing well within it, something that Wilson was NOT willing to do. The Rams really never got Goff working in their system so trade Smith for Goff right now? Nah... IMO just keep it the same. A competent defense would've had that game 48-14.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey like it or not the Lions offense has been no joke the first 3 weeks. I bet the Over on this one.

It was moreso their injuries that led me to my comment. They were missing several receivers, their starting RB, and a starting guard on a very good OL.. Put all those players in and this would've reached college level scoring (which it already kind of did lol), Detroit might've broken some records with how our D plays.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was moreso their injuries that led me to my comment. They were missing several receivers, their starting RB, and a starting guard on a very good OL.. Put all those players in and this would've reached college level scoring (which it already kind of did lol), Detroit might've broken some records with how our D plays.
Well thankfully Detroit has the same issue we have, No Defense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it's driving me nuts my dude. I said numerous times that a lot of the sacks Wilson has are on Wilson. When you have an all pro left tackle visibly yelling at you on the field, there's more than just PFF/ESPN stats. And sure enough, I've watched a number of videos from YouTube and read articles from ESPN/PFF where there's question marks all over the place about the ability of Denver's OL and whether they are allowing too much pressure. Ya know what? I was wrong. I said that I wasn't expecting those articles until midseason... turns out they came in week 3.

I don't think Wilson played bad against the Raiders... but as of now Seattle is the clear cut winners of the trade (even though our defense sucks ass). It was veeeeeeeery clear to me Wilson wanted nothing to do with Waldron's system last year and abandoned it numerous times with his "hold onto the ball forever and chuck it deep" mentality.

Anyway - onto next week which we should begin with firing Clint "the derp" Hurtt...

I watched most of the Broncos-Raiders game. All of Russ' sacks were in the pocket except once we he tried a planned rollout and had Max Crosby in his face.

The Broncos OL was very uneven today. Their defense was pretty spotty as well.

Anyway, each week will be its own adventure.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also zero sacks given up. Line played great today.

The intentional grounding was effectively a sack but the OL played pretty well in pass pro. Too many holds on running plays though.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The intentional grounding was effectively a sack but the OL played pretty well in pass pro. Too many holds on running plays though.
They do have to get that cleaned up but it's still a work in progress.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone would have told me that the Lions were going to put up 45 points I would have thought we would have been blown out the water.

I will say Geno is an awesome backup QB we will lost games because he won't get the job done but for someone making crumbs and not really known for much he is much better than these other guys. Imagine spending draft picks on Baker Mayfield only to possibly bench him 4 games into the season.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the game our DL needs help. They get pushed around teams have been running the ball on us and we aren't getting any pressure on the QB. I think Taylor and Mofe I thought were drafted at DL but they seem to be LBs and I would have thought having big guys like Mone, Harris and Ford we would be good at playing against the run. Lastly Jones at safety is terrible last week he got muscled for a TD by that rookie falcons receiver and this week he got done up by Jamaal Williams for a TD when he was supposed to clear up the gap.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the game our DL needs help. They get pushed around teams have been running the ball on us and we aren't getting any pressure on the QB. I think Taylor and Mofe I thought were drafted at DL but they seem to be LBs and I would have thought having big guys like Mone, Harris and Ford we would be good at playing against the run. Lastly Jones at safety is terrible last week he got muscled for a TD by that rookie falcons receiver and this week he got done up by Jamaal Williams for a TD when he was supposed to clear up the gap.

DL needs work for sure, but what a disappointment so far by Taylor. He was supposed to be kind of the savior on D but he's done fuck all this season. As raw as Boye is, just start him at this point.... let's get him reps now and just not expect much, and the Taylor experiment needs to go.

As for the DL, I mean Harris was injured and coming off it today but he played okay. I still think the bigger issue is the schemes Seattle is running and a reason why Clint Hurtt should be fired mid-season. I guess it's worthwhile to hang onto him if we get a 3rd round pick for a 'diversity hire' but I believe that's only for head coaches... so fire his ass.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL needs work for sure, but what a disappointment so far by Taylor. He was supposed to be kind of the savior on D but he's done fuck all this season. As raw as Boye is, just start him at this point.... let's get him reps now and just not expect much, and the Taylor experiment needs to go.

As for the DL, I mean Harris was injured and coming off it today but he played okay. I still think the bigger issue is the schemes Seattle is running and a reason why Clint Hurtt should be fired mid-season. I guess it's worthwhile to hang onto him if we get a 3rd round pick for a 'diversity hire' but I believe that's only for head coaches... so fire his ass.

Why do you keep bringing up diversity hire? He wasn't a diversity hire. And we aren't getting a 3rd round pick for him. Half the DCs in the NFL are black.

Fans ALWAYS think there is some magic scheme that will fix everything. Because it is easier to change a scheme than change personnel.

The reality is we STILL don't have an effective pass rush. And our secondary is green as grass. In fact, of our starting 11 there is not a single one that could be considered playing at a Pro Bowl level. The closest would be Nwosu.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep bringing up diversity hire? He wasn't a diversity hire. And we aren't getting a 3rd round pick for him. Half the DCs in the NFL are black.

Fans ALWAYS think there is some magic scheme that will fix everything. Because it is easier to change a scheme than change personnel.

The reality is we STILL don't have an effective pass rush. And our secondary is green as grass. In fact, of our starting 11 there is not a single one that could be considered playing at a Pro Bowl level. The closest would be Nwosu.

lol fair enough. I'm just so tired of hearing about 'diversity' and racial injustice (when there is none lol) in the NFL I want to mock it any chance I get.

To your other point, I agree we don't have an effective pass rush, and what I was trying to say was just start Mafe and see if there's something there? Taylor doesn't appear to be the answer, our DL is not working with this wide 9 scheme (least we didn't do much of that yesterday), so let's try something different? I would not be surprised if Seattle spends their first pick next year on DL instead of QB at this point lol.