• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle/Carolina

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things about this game at least to me. Carolina has one of the few front 7's that I think can really limit Seattle's run game. Kuechley is one of the few linebackers that is smart enough to really figure out what Seattle is doing and athletic enough to actually do something to stop it or at least limit it.

The next part of the equation is Carolina has nothing to lose in this one. They can go all out knowing there is a good chance there is no tomorrow. They showed in the Wild Card round that while they didn't do much of it during the regular season that they are willing to do the read-option with Cam and Stewart. That to me can be a decent offense that can throw off an aggressive defense like that of Seattle.

Having said all that I still think Seattle wins this one but i have a very low scoring close game of 17-13 is my guess at the moment.

I have the same final score

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of which are wrong if you actually know anything about the Seahawks

So basically you're saying Carolina presents ZERO challenges on EITHER SIDE OF THE BALL to Seattle?

Cool Seattle should win 38-0 in that case because Carolina doesn't present any challenges to Seattle

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking something like 24 Seattle - 10 Carolina

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things about this game at least to me. Carolina has one of the few front 7's that I think can really limit Seattle's run game. Kuechley is one of the few linebackers that is smart enough to really figure out what Seattle is doing and athletic enough to actually do something to stop it or at least limit it.

The next part of the equation is Carolina has nothing to lose in this one. They can go all out knowing there is a good chance there is no tomorrow. They showed in the Wild Card round that while they didn't do much of it during the regular season that they are willing to do the read-option with Cam and Stewart. That to me can be a decent offense that can throw off an aggressive defense like that of Seattle.

Having said all that I still think Seattle wins this one but i have a very low scoring close game of 17-13 is my guess at the moment.

Every team in the playoffs makes me nervous because anyone can win any one game. Carolina has been a tough team for Seattle to beat, but I chalk some of that up to always playing them on the road and always its an early 10am start going by Seattle time.

As for the read option stuff, well I think Seattle is probably one of the more prepared teams to deal with it. We play San Fran twice a year and they kind of remind me of the Panthers. A solid defensive team, great LB's and a mobile QB who can play the read option. We've done pretty well against them recently. Plus the Seattle defense does get to practice against Russell Wilson and he's kind of the king of running the read option right now.

I just hope Seattle comes out of the gates and really takes it to Carolina early. I'd hate for them to get some early confidence. Like I said, EVERY team makes me nervous.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team in the playoffs makes me nervous because anyone can win any one game. Carolina has been a tough team for Seattle to beat, but I chalk some of that up to always playing them on the road and always its an early 10am start going by Seattle time.

As for the read option stuff, well I think Seattle is probably one of the more prepared teams to deal with it. We play San Fran twice a year and they kind of remind me of the Panthers. A solid defensive team, great LB's and a mobile QB who can play the read option. We've done pretty well against them recently. Plus the Seattle defense does get to practice against Russell Wilson and he's kind of the king of running the read option right now.

I just hope Seattle comes out of the gates and really takes it to Carolina early. I'd hate for them to get some early confidence. Like I said, EVERY team makes me nervous.

Any time you make it to the final 8 all games should scare you as a fan of one of those teams. While Carolina is probably the weakest playoff team still remaining at this point they also have the least to lose meaning they could pull out all the stops. If they fail well who cares they weren't supposed to win this game but if they pull it off then watch out as this could turn into a good game with 2 great defenses. I still expect Seattle to win in the end but I think for the first 3 quarters this game could have a few of you getting a bit nervous. Heck I think all the games could feel that way though. For me as a Bronco fan honestly I won't feel comfortable unless we are up by 21 with just the 4th quarter to go. Indy's big comeback last year against the Chiefs shows they can look terrible for a half but still beat anybody with Luck as quarterback. For Carolina though Cam is going to need to play lights out for them to stand a chance. He has shown that some in the past where he can have that one just crazy game but it only seems to happen a handful of times a year.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time you make it to the final 8 all games should scare you as a fan of one of those teams. While Carolina is probably the weakest playoff team still remaining at this point they also have the least to lose meaning they could pull out all the stops. If they fail well who cares they weren't supposed to win this game but if they pull it off then watch out as this could turn into a good game with 2 great defenses. I still expect Seattle to win in the end but I think for the first 3 quarters this game could have a few of you getting a bit nervous. Heck I think all the games could feel that way though. For me as a Bronco fan honestly I won't feel comfortable unless we are up by 21 with just the 4th quarter to go. Indy's big comeback last year against the Chiefs shows they can look terrible for a half but still beat anybody with Luck as quarterback. For Carolina though Cam is going to need to play lights out for them to stand a chance. He has shown that some in the past where he can have that one just crazy game but it only seems to happen a handful of times a year.

I always feel this way. Even in the Super Bowl, 4th quarter I was still on the edge of the seat, clenched fists every down, muttering "don't lose this."

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always feel this way. Even in the Super Bowl, 4th quarter I was still on the edge of the seat, clenched fists every down, muttering "don't lose this."

Thats the seahawk fan in you, i was doing the ssame thing.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Seattle 23-10. 6-3 at halftime.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this game not to be close thru 3 quarters at least, the panthers will have to play careless football & make silly mistakes imo. If Seattle aren't turning them over I think it will be a game heading to the 4th

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the seahawk fan in you, i was doing the ssame thing.

LOL yeah I was doing the same thing..... It's called battered fan syndrome! LOL being a seattle fan for that many years! and to boot im a WSU fan!

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These games seem dictated by turnovers. Both teams are good at creating them. I think Seattle has the edge and should win but turnovers could play the difference. Also who is playing with confidence and both seem high on that currently.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill ruled out for Saturday. Big blow to the Hawks defense.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks caught a good break getting the Panthers, a team they should easily beat.
The only chance the Panthers have is their defense. If they keep it close, who knows.

I doubt it will be Cam. He looked horrendous last week. (except when he was running)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen anyone who said Carolina will/should win.

I think the disagreement come on if Carolina can compete or not. Some think it will be a tough game for 60 minutes while others think it will be close for 30 minutes and Seattle win rather easily in the last 30 minutes

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else Carolina has the "nobody believes in us" thing going. The Giants during their 2 most recent Super Bowl victories had it, the Ravens a few years back had it. I don't see it happening, I just don't picture Cam playing well enough in an environment like Seattle to pull through.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Seattle 23-10. 6-3 at halftime.

Sounds about right. Seattle tends to do most of their damage in the 4th quarter. If you go back and look at all the halftime scores of their games this year almost of all of them are probably within 1 score.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right. Seattle tends to do most of their damage in the 4th quarter. If you go back and look at all the halftime scores of their games this year almost of all of them are probably within 1 score.

Yep especially at home. They seem to come out to slow starts on offense at home but fast offensive starts away from Seattle

I believe the only home games which they led by more than a TD at half were home games against Denver & Oakland if I'm not mistaking