• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle/Carolina

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best run defense he faced in that span: Tampa Bay, #19 in the NFL.

He's been running good all year. Avg 4.9 per carry in the first meeting. He's just been getting more carries lately. Before December the most carries he had in a game was 16 against Seattle. Since December he has gotten 20-24 carries in 4 of their 5 games

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's acting like their world beaters? They made changes in their defense as they went younger and that's what changed their season around. I don't see anyone kn here acting like they're world beaters. Most have just acknowledged that they have a good defense and they play a similar style to Seattle on offense. What's the issue? As I said the other day, the nfc south has better offensive teams than the west so it's pretty impressive that their defense were able to hold Atlanta and New Orleans to an avg of 10 points in their 3 games against those teams since week 11. They made changes to their team after the blowout to Philadelphia and it has greatly improved the team

Whenever you talk about the NFC South you come up with the most absurd rationalizations.

Carolina was the 10th ranked defense in the NFL. When they played a good offense they got smoked. Heck even the bengals popped 37 on them.

Atlanta and New Orleans were average offenses this year.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been running good all year. Avg 4.9 per carry in the first meeting. He's just been getting more carries lately. Before December the most carries he had in a game was 16 against Seattle. Since December he has gotten 20-24 carries in 4 of their 5 games

Keep in mind, Bobby Wagner was out in the first meeting*

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ryan & drew brees are obviously better than kaep and the other garbage Seattle has played after the KC game. Teddy is also better than lindley, Stanton, & the rams qb.

Carolina has played better qbs over thw last few weeks. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot

Regardless of the quality of the QBS, the TEAMS that Carolina has played are not good. Carolina played 7 teams, in the regular season, that had winning records. They were 1-5-1 in those games. Trying to argue that they have somehow played a tough schedule because they played Drew Brees or Matt Ryan.

And while Kaep has had off year, your attempt to paint him as a terrible QB is absurd.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep in mind, Bobby Wagner was out in the first meeting*

And Carolina was held out of obvious rushing situations for most of the day. Stewart on third and short that day: two carries, negative seven yards, no first downs.

He'll get sixty or seventy yards. Cam will probably have another twenty or thirty on broken plays. But expecting the Panther run game to control the game is a stretch.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle might be a little more beatable than last year but Im not sure Carolina is the team.

Their Dline should crush Seattle's Oline which should make this a low scoring game. If Carolina gets turnovers, they have a good shot. If this was in Carolina, it'd be a 50/50 game but Seattle should pull away in the 4th if I was to guess

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever you talk about the NFC South you come up with the most absurd rationalizations.

Carolina was the 10th ranked defense in the NFL. When they played a good offense they got smoked. Heck even the bengals popped 37 on them.

Atlanta and New Orleans were average offenses this year.

Saints were first & Atlanta were 8th.

Great job bringing up Carolina defensive performance before they made several changes

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina played Seattle tough earlier in the year... but Seattle did not have Wagner in the game, that defense seems so much better with him back. Carolina just has not played well on the road other than vs their NFC South foes.

@ Balt - lost 38-10
@ Cin - tie 37-37
@ GB - lost 38-17
@ Philly - lost 45-21
@ Min - lost 31-13

I think Seattle easily covers spread in this one.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great job bringing up Carolina defensive performance before they made several changes

Scoring is what counts...

NO #9 scoring offense at 25 points... only hit that twice after Cooks got hurt.
Atl #12 - considering J. Jones was far from 100% in week 17, much easier team to defend considering their running game is horrible.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle might be a little more beatable than last year but Im not sure Carolina is the team.

Agreed. Dallas and Green Bay have the horses. I wouldn't favor either squad, but a win by them wouldn't shock the world.

Their Dline should crush Seattle's Oline which should make this a low scoring game. If Carolina gets turnovers, they have a good shot. If this was in Carolina, it'd be a 50/50 game but Seattle should pull away in the 4th if I was to guess

Crush? Really? The Hawks RBs averaged over four yards per carry, and the line allowed a single sack earlier this year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina played Seattle tough earlier in the year... but Seattle did not have Wagner in the game, that defense seems so much better with him back. Carolina just has not played well on the road other than vs their NFC South foes.

@ Balt - lost 38-10
@ Cin - tie 37-37
@ GB - lost 38-17
@ Philly - lost 45-21
@ Min - lost 31-13

I think Seattle easily covers spread in this one.

Wagner is a big element in this game.

Seattle doesn't often use spies on mobile QB, they have enough speed on defense to not need to, especially with Wagner on the field.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are the games that Carolina won that makes you think they are a contender? Does the game where they got spanked by the mighty Vikings count or was that also a game that doesn't count?

Again, you rationalize everything.

Do you seriously think the Saints had the best offense in football?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the games that Carolina won that makes you think they are a contender? Does the game where they got spanked by the mighty Vikings count or was that also a game that doesn't count?

Show me where I said anything about them being a contender....I'll wait

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crush? Really? The Hawks RBs averaged over four yards per carry, and the line allowed a single sack earlier this year.
Looking at the football outsiders numbers, it wouldnt be too shocking to see Seattle give up 2 or 3 sacks but also get a BEASTquake. Carolinas dline is actually strangely bad at 3rd and short and 4th and short so Seattle could have one or two long, sustained drives.

"Crush" might be a bit strong. Its hard to see Carolina winning without turnovers, really

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I said anything about them being a contender....I'll wait

You have been saying "Watch out for Carolina" since before they even clinched the division.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8th in scoring & 1st in yards

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the football outsiders numbers, it wouldnt be too shocking to see Seattle give up 2 or 3 sacks but also get a BEASTquake. Carolinas dline is actually strangely bad at 3rd and short and 4th and short so Seattle could have one or two long, sustained drives.

"Crush" might be a bit strong. Its hard to see Carolina winning without turnovers, really

I don't see Carolina's D-line being as good as STLs and we did OK against them.

The only way Carolina has a chance is if they win the turnover battle, but they are prone to cough it up frequently!

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most impressive play for Carolina's defense, imo, was the last game against us when our offense had kind of been hitting our stride, particularly Ryan-Julio. Completely dominated our OLine.

Gut feeling right now is 17-9, Seattle winning.