• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle/Carolina

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cam played bad yesterday. His accuracy was off but outside of that he was solid. I'm not going to blame him for an INT that should have been a catch. I don't think any QB expects their WR to quit on a route before the QB releases the ball. Cotchery for whatever reason quit on the route and is the only reason why it was picked off
"Solid," with bad accuracy will not win in Seattle Saturday.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Solid," with bad accuracy will not win in Seattle Saturday.

He made good reads just poor throws. He missed wide open receivers. They have a solid team and based on their numbers, it is safe to assume that they have a top 5 defense since week 13.

I would agree with your statement if Cam was not a running QB also.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every game between Carolina and Seattle since Newton and Wilson entered the league have been very low scoring, with Seattle needing to come from behind in the second half to win each one. The key will be can Cam Newton get it going against Seattle's defense. He's averaged 146 yards passing per game and 35 yards rushing per game against Seattle in his career. If he puts up numbers like that again, it's going to be tough for Carolina to score enough points to win. Seattle has only averaged 13.67 ppg against Carolina the last 3 meetings, but all 3 were on the road. We'll see if they can put up more points on them at CenturyLink.

I think it's going to be a decent game, but I do expect the Seahawks to pull out the win at home.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made good reads just poor throws. He missed wide open receivers. They have a solid team and based on their numbers, it is safe to assume that they have a top 5 defense since week 13.

I would agree with your statement if Cam was not a running QB also.
And a running QB is supposed to be Seattle's kryptonite or something?

You have seen what Kam Chancellor does to runners in the flat, right? 1 hit changes the game.

Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a running QB is supposed to be Seattle's kryptonite or something?

You have seen what Kam Chancellor does to runners in the flat, right? 1 hit changes the game.

Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad.

Point is a running QB brings another factor to the table. If he runs for a few first downs on 3rd down situations it forces the defense to either put a spy on the QB or have the ends play contain on those 3rd and long situations.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is a running QB brings another factor to the table. If he runs for a few first downs on 3rd down situations it forces the defense to either put a spy on the QB or have the ends play contain on those 3rd and long situations.
And?

Our "spy" is one of the best open field tacklers in the game: Earl Thomas. The Seattle D is known for being fast and great tacklers. This is another instance of you not really knowing the Seahawks though speaking as though you do.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And?

Our "spy" is one of the best open field tacklers in the game: Earl Thomas. The Seattle D is known for being fast and great tacklers. This is another instance of you not really knowing the Seahawks though speaking as though you do.

You're clearly missing the point. A spy is nice and all but point if you have to put a spy on any QB, it takes one of your defenders out of coverage if the team feels the need to use one which is the point I'm making about Cam bringing other things to the table outside of throwing the ball.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're clearly missing the point. A spy is nice and all but point if you have to put a spy on any QB, it takes one of your defenders out of coverage if the team feels the need to use one which is the point I'm making about Cam bringing other things to the table outside of throwing the ball.
And the point you're missing is that we don't need to assign a spy. Earl Thomas can cover anything running from his spot at FS, let alone Wagner, Irvin, or Wright, our more than capable LBs who are known for their speed.

Let's entertain the notion that you know what you're talking about though and suppose we do have a spy, who would then be out of coverage. You said yourself the Cam was not accurate with his passes. What makes you think he'll be any better against the best secondary in the game?

Just admit you're grasping at straws once again.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is a threat. No doubt. But he is a lot like Kappernick with maybe more designed runs. Seattle has done well against running qb's. They practice against one every day. The real key is not having players get out of position which happens when things are not going well and everyone tries to do too much.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spread opened at Seahawks -10. That is a ridiculous number for a playoff game. Also goes to show it doesn't guarantee anything.

When the SB defending Saints arrived for the WC playoff game a few years ago. The Beastquake game. The Saints were favored by 10. We won.

That being said, it's at our house and were very tough to beat there. Especially with the team at near full strength. Don't expect a blowout, but Seahawks will have to really step on their dicks to lose this game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the point you're missing is that we don't need to assign a spy. Earl Thomas can cover anything running from his spot at FS, let alone Wagner, Irvin, or Wright, our more than capable LBs who are known for their speed.

Let's entertain the notion that you know what you're talking about though and suppose we do have a spy, who would then be out of coverage. You said yourself the Cam was not accurate with his passes. What makes you think he'll be any better against the best secondary in the game?

Just admit you're grasping at straws once again.

I'm not grasping for anything. My only point was Cam isn't some slow pocket QB so if his accuracy is off, they have other ways which they can use him.

I guess you disagree and you assume that the only way Cam can be used is in the pocket like Peyton Manning right? No way Cam will dare take off and scramble on Saturday night....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spread opened at Seahawks -10. That is a ridiculous number for a playoff game. Also goes to show it doesn't guarantee anything.

When the SB defending Saints arrived for the WC playoff game a few years ago. The Beastquake game. The Saints were favored by 10. We won.

That being said, it's at our house and were very tough to beat there. Especially with the team at near full strength. Don't expect a blowout, but Seahawks will have to really step on their dicks to lose this game.

I hope the Seahawks take the approach like their fans and think they're entitled to win just because the game is at home.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These teams play alike on the offensive side of the ball and both have very good defensive teams so unless Seattle turn Carolina over a lot, I expect it to be low scoring and close

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Seahawks take the approach like their fans and think they're entitled to win just because the game is at home.

I really doubt they take anything for granted. The Panthers have played Seattle as tough as any team. We won the last three I think but they were all low scoring. One big play could have decided any of those games.

Nobody is entitled to anything except an opinion.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt they take anything for granted. The Panthers have played Seattle as tough as any team. We won the last three I think but they were all low scoring. One big play could have decided any of those games.

Nobody is entitled to anything except an opinion.

I think Seattle killed them in 2012 but the last 2 were close games.

Usually when you have good defensive football teams, the locaiton doesn't matter because just like a power running attack, defense travels everywhere which is why I expect a low scoring contest as the previous 2 games

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle is more than used to running QBs. Besides playing Kaep twice a year, they practice against them every day.and Newton still hasn't figured out this defense. In the past three games, Cam has yet to eclipse 200 yards of combined offense.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Carolina to get swarmed early, if they can withstand the first quarter I think they'll keep it close but I'm not sure they will...

Seattle - 24

Carolina - 9

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually these teams seem somewhat similar, except that the Seahawks have slightly better versions at almost every position and championship experience.

You never know though... Seattle knows better than anyone that a sub-500 team can, in fact, dethrone the defending champs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually these teams seem somewhat similar, except that the Seahawks have slightly better versions at almost every position and championship experience.

You never know though... Seattle knows better than anyone that a sub-500 team can, in fact, dethrone the defending champs.

Exactly they play almost the same way on offense.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious to see how the Seahawks game plan against Foswhitt Whittaker.