• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle/Carolina

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, with Star Lotuleilei being out...I could see 24-3 at the half and 31-10 by the end of the game. This shouldn't be close at all.

Yeah that's bad news for Carolina for sure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the only thing that Carolina still has going for them is no one expects them to win. All the pressure is on Seattle at this point. Still don't think that is even close to being enough but there is something about playing with nothing to lose.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cam is gonna think he rolled his truck all over again....
This is in Seattle, in the playoffs, with the 12th man....The only thing that could make this anymore one sided would be an earthquake....
Seriously, Hawks by 14 or more.....And I think it will be more because of short field situations created by the Hawks D !!:nod:
Look for a Cowboys vs Seattle NFCCG, coming soon....

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean this to sound derogatory at all, but you've also hit some home runs with some late-round draft picks that have worked out to be much better players than expected. Seeing as how you never know how some players are going to turn out, some people would say you've just been extremely lucky.

Lucky? Of course. I don't know who is the deciding vote on who is picked or if there even is a deciding vote. Lots of players picked in the later rounds become really good. And lots of players picked early suck. Especially quarterbacks.

That must be why the draft boards and predictions are so interesting. Trying to evaluate talent is part science and part let me pull this one out my rear end. When Pete became coach, it was said there would be a small advantage for the draft as Pete knew a lot of these guys from recruiting them. Not sure that means much as all these kids are on just about everybody's radar.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the only thing that Carolina still has going for them is no one expects them to win. All the pressure is on Seattle at this point. Still don't think that is even close to being enough but there is something about playing with nothing to lose.

Agree, they will be loose and just having fun enjoying the moment. That makes them dangerous.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood shed

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky? Of course. I don't know who is the deciding vote on who is picked or if there even is a deciding vote. Lots of players picked in the later rounds become really good. And lots of players picked early suck. Especially quarterbacks.

That must be why the draft boards and predictions are so interesting. Trying to evaluate talent is part science and part let me pull this one out my rear end. When Pete became coach, it was said there would be a small advantage for the draft as Pete knew a lot of these guys from recruiting them. Not sure that means much as all these kids are on just about everybody's radar.

I think the draft can be overrated when talking about players as finished products, and the skill of developing players is underrated. I do think that the Wilson pick was lucky, because finding any franchise QB really takes a bit of luck. 3rd Round? Pot of gold type luck. But the defensive hits theyve had? I give a lot of credit to Carroll for looking past prototypes, thinking out of the box and taking advantage of unique skills.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the draft can be overrated when talking about players as finished products, and the skill of developing players is underrated. I do think that the Wilson pick was lucky, because finding any franchise QB really takes a bit of luck. 3rd Round? Pot of gold type luck. But the defensive hits theyve had? I give a lot of credit to Carroll for looking past prototypes, thinking out of the box and taking advantage of unique skills.

:agree:Pete looks for something unique about a player and finds a way to use that. Where as the old way was to plug a player in to a scheme and hope he could adapt. Developing talent may be more important than who you pick in the first place. That;s the only reason I worry about losing some of our coaches to other teams. The guys we got are doing something right.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seattle got lucky that Arizona lost 2 QBs. I don't think they win it again because their offense is weak. D took a step back so I do think Denver and pats can beat them or even the ravens. GB has a out side shot and Dallas already beat them but I don't like Dallas going to GB. Romo hates the cold.

I do enjoy the perception that being the fist defense to be #1 in both points and yards allowed for consecutive seasons in thirty years is somehow "taking a step back".

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle always catches a break. They should walk into the super bowl again. This is their last year so they better win it again. Next year they lose Lynch plus a couple guys on D.

I would be more worried about the niners. Old Jed is awful. The niners will finish last in the division next year IMO.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean this to sound derogatory at all, but you've also hit some home runs with some late-round draft picks that have worked out to be much better players than expected. Seeing as how you never know how some players are going to turn out, some people would say you've just been extremely lucky.

Well, the rest of the NFL seems to think it's more skill than luck, as each off season now it seems both assistant coaches and front office personnel are hot commodities.

If it were just 1 or 2 or even 3 guys that they hit on late over the course of a few years then maybe you can categorize it as a blind squirrel finding a nut type thing, but there's just too many of them for it to be chance/luck. Clearly there's been a plan and the talent evaluators and personnel decision makers know what they're looking for to fit the team's style of play. Russell Wilson, Kam Chancellor, Byron Maxwell, Richard Sherman, KJ Wright, Bobby Wagner. No one is that lucky. Even the WRs who caught TDs in the SB weren't even drafted.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do enjoy the perception that being the fist defense to be #1 in both points and yards allowed for consecutive seasons in thirty years is somehow "taking a step back".

6 divison games against offensively challenged teams will do that for you.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've passed Math 101.

So then what was with the post I quoted of yours??? Just showing off your jackassery?

The old saying, "better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your a moron then to open it and prove without a doubt your a moron"

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its actually more impressive that Seattle has had these 3 incredible defensive seasons in a row now in this day and age considering how the game has been changed to help the offense so much. It would have been far easier to have low yards per game allowed during the 60's, 70's , and 80's. Passing leaders back then would win the passing title with 3000 yards. Only one QB (Marino) had a 5000 yard season from 1960 to 2008. Since 2008 passers have gone over 5000 yards 5 times (Manning, Brees) and Brady, Roethlesberger, and Rivers have almost done it another half dozen times.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is going to walk into the Super Bowl this year. I'd give Dallas or Green Bay a shot if they were at home, but no one is winning in Seattle.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your irrational hatred of the Seahawks makes for some hilarious reading. Some of the dumbest things I've read, thanks.

15108135.jpg

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then what was with the post I quoted of yours??? Just showing off your jackassery?

The old saying, "better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your a moron then to open it and prove without a doubt your a moron"

Actually it's "Better to be silent and thought the fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

By my math as we look at the "Seattle led the league in points against" which is what I was commenting on, playing 6 games against offensively challenged divisional teams is pertinent.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your witicisms.....