• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle @ Atlanta 12PM CST

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a little early, but I'm pumped for this season guys. Thank God the NFL is still on, I don't know if I could've survived without it.

I like our matchup... I don't see the Falcons inept secondary keeping pace with Olsen, Metcalf, or Lockett, and while Ridley/Jones are dangerous, if Dunbar plays our secondary is probably the best in the league.

Little concerned about our pass rush, but hopeful for Green/Collier this year, and I think Brooks is quietly going to have a good season.

Go Hawks!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hawks should win but a 10am start time doesn't help and the Falcons are that kind of middle of the road team that can be a problem for anybody.

Looking at last year's game it's tough what to take from it. On the one hand the Hawks built up a 24-0 halftime lead than on the other hand the final score ended up being 27-20 with Matt Schaub dropping 460 yards on the Hawks defense.

Hawks secondary is better no doubt but the pass rush on paper at least is worse and Matt Ryan is better than Matt Schaub.

I'm going with this game being the typical Russell Wilson leading a comeback in the 4th to win a close one kind of game.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about every game we play and I truly believe one of the hardest things to do in the NFL is going to another teams opening day and beating them. I am not sure how this defense will perform we haven't addressed the pass rush as much as we would like and we are facing a mega duo in Ridley and Jones not to mention we don't know what Todd Gurley will do.

Also interesting how teams will perform this year without fans in the stands which would be a huge hit for us in these primetime home games.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling this game is gonna be a real slop fest. No real reason other than I seem to recall both teams coming out week 1 in the past playing real god damn sloppy.

On paper it really should be a Seattle W but with the 10 am start and the pass rush issues I don't feel great about this one. Guess we'll see.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree that the pass rush is worse "on paper" than last year. Irvin & Mayowa combined for 4x the sack total of Clowney & Ansah last year. Jamal Adams had 6.5 sacks last season as well...for the Jets. Jarran Reed isn't going to miss the first 6 games (had 10 sacks in 2018). LJ Collier didn't miss virtually all of camp and has a lot to prove. I am not convinced we will have a pass rush to brag about to the rest of the league, but there's no way it's worse on paper than last year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am much more concerned about our run defense. Especially if Ford or Reed get hurt.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the game itself, I am not quite sure what to expect just for having seen almost nothing of any team this "pre-season." We have Russell Wilson surrounded by a relatively impressive list of weaponry, but we also have 3 new starters on the OL who haven't seen any game action as a unit. That is probably my biggest concern. The 10am stuff has been put to get a while back. Someone mentioned how many yards Shaub threw for last year, but that was last year and against a different defense -- about half the starters are new this year (including both safeties and both DEs).

I think we'll figure it out. It might be a struggle at times with the newness of both lines, but I'm confident Russell will get it done. I'm looking forward to seeing what we do with Jamal Adams and what kind of immediate impact he will make on D.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am much more concerned about our run defense. Especially if Ford or Reed get hurt.
Well, I guess we'll see if Todd Gurley can still be a workhorse. What kind of run D does Atlanta have? We'll find that out as well with Carson & Hyde pounding on them.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess we'll see if Todd Gurley can still be a workhorse. What kind of run D does Atlanta have? We'll find that out as well with Carson & Hyde pounding on them.

I think our offense is going to be pretty darn good. And our pass defense may be pretty good.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our offense is going to be pretty darn good. And our pass defense may be pretty good.
It should be the best offense certainly since 2005 and maybe all time for the franchise. We should be able to use the pass to set up the run and vice versa very consistently, which to me is the true definition of balance on offense. We should have at worst the 2nd best QB in the league. I just hope we can come out of the gate a bit stronger than we have in the past offensively, but that will be a challenge with 3 new OL starters.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be the best offense certainly since 2005 and maybe all time for the franchise. We should be able to use the pass to set up the run and vice versa very consistently, which to me is the true definition of balance on offense. We should have at worst the 2nd best QB in the league. I just hope we can come out of the gate a bit stronger than we have in the past offensively, but that will be a challenge with 3 new OL starters.

I would love to see the team use the quick passing attack we used against the Steelers in the 2nd half last year.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling this game is gonna be a real slop fest. No real reason other than I seem to recall both teams coming out week 1 in the past playing real god damn sloppy.

On paper it really should be a Seattle W but with the 10 am start and the pass rush issues I don't feel great about this one. Guess we'll see.

i have a feeling the entire slate of week 1 games is gonna be a real slop fest. and week 2, and likely week 3.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go Seahawks 23, Falcons 21. Seahawks D flexes late and thwarts a last-minute drive from the Falcons' O

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a feeling the entire slate of week 1 games is gonna be a real slop fest. and week 2, and likely week 3.
This is true. Lack of preseason gonna take its toll

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they Let Russ cook then i think the Hawks win but this game will look like a preseason game and the score will reflect that, something like 19-16 a weird score.

the pass rush on paper at least is worse and Matt Ryan is better than Matt Schaub.

Actually on "paper" the Hawks pass rush picked up over double the sacks they lost this offseason. So yeah on paper they look better but we will see what the reality is. I think the pass rush will be slightly better than last year but still below league average. Where they really have to improve is against the passing game and if they do then the sacks should go up just because of the whole "cause and effect" a better back in produces. two often last year QB's were having no issues with their 1st or 2nd reads and rarely had to if ever go to their 3rd option.

Hey can anyone find a time per pass attempt state for the Hawks Defense last year?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a little early, but I'm pumped for this season guys. Thank God the NFL is still on, I don't know if I could've survived without it.

I like our matchup... I don't see the Falcons inept secondary keeping pace with Olsen, Metcalf, or Lockett, and while Ridley/Jones are dangerous, if Dunbar plays our secondary is probably the best in the league.

Little concerned about our pass rush, but hopeful for Green/Collier this year, and I think Brooks is quietly going to have a good season.

Go Hawks!

Glad the season is finally here. I think this offense will put up points and hopefully our defense can minimize the big plays from Matt Ryan.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, most of the external opinions seem to be that our defense is worse on paper right now than it was last year. I think that is wildly off, but I admit it's tough to have a completely objective picture of your favorite team. To me, the secondary and LB room are both clear step above what we had in 2019. We lost the most talented player from last year's DL, but I don't think that means the group as a whole isn't better. The way I see it, returning key players Jarran Reed, LJ Collier, and Rasheem Green should all have better seasons than last year. And just in terms of sack totals, Irvin + Mayowa will run a few laps around what we got from Clowney & Ansah in '19. Jamal Adams should also contribute with a handful of sacks. I need to seem some reasons the D is worse on paper other than losing Clowney.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Dissly was on the injury report with an Achilles injury .....