• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle @ Atlanta 12PM CST

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of see it coming down to that. Just feels like one of those games....

Seriousness aside, I hope we annihilate New England LOL :suds:
I could see that. I certainly can't see NE annihilating anyone. Well maybe the Jets

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that. I certainly can't see NE annihilating anyone. Well maybe the Jets

Hopefully Bill wont bring his paranormal friends with him....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i think Shark needs to take naps during the games he is always crying lol i mean it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so heavily bias and one sided. Crying about stuff that should be called that would have been major ticky tacky calls or thinking every ref is out to screw over the Hawks. It's getting old now going on like year 10 or something LMAO!

I can say this about NE they got the right QB to keep the cheating antics secret, Cam is all about himself and if it makes him look good you can bet all he will say is "i am the greatest ever" :P

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OOF that INT against Goff hurts and is one of those times when you got to wonder where the ref was looking. The blow to Goffs head was like a right hook to the face lol he was looking out his earhole as he was throwing and any blow to the head or neck area is a foul. Bad luck, imagine if the Rams win then the only NFC West team that lost is the 40 whiners. ( someone had to lose between AZ and SF )

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details on those 8 games in the carroll era with an opposing QB over 400y in reg season game, all Seattle wins:

Only 2 of the 8 did Seattle give up 30+ points. 4 of them they gave up 20 or less. That's kind of crazy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200.gif

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OOF that INT against Goff hurts and is one of those times when you got to wonder where the ref was looking. The blow to Goffs head was like a right hook to the face lol he was looking out his earhole as he was throwing and any blow to the head or neck area is a foul. Bad luck, imagine if the Rams win then the only NFC West team that lost is the 40 whiners. ( someone had to lose between AZ and SF )

That was a bullshit ending.

Ramsey embellished and me and Derski are going at it with a rams homer

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Bill wont bring his paranormal friends with him....
You can probably bet if it's a close game something mysterious with the fake crowd noise will happen.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can probably bet if it's a close game something mysterious with the fake crowd noise will happen.
if it was in NE yes you are right, we know how the patriots are. If you aren't cheating you aren't trying am i right? Thats the Bill Belichick way.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very relieved to start off with a nice road W. For me, lots to like about this game:
  • Jamal Adams is well worth all those picks, a generational talent. In game 1 with no pre-season and after only being on the team a couple months, this is the impact he was able to make?? He was everywhere doing everything, and it was great to see us use him to the extent of his ability right out of the box.
  • On the whole, the defense is better. I am not as concerned about most of those yards given up after the game was out of reach in the 4th quarter. Atlanta has a legit passing game and it's clearly the center of gravity for what they are going to do on offense game in and game out. Our D had only given up 12 points by the time the offense had put up 31. They tightened the screws on the run game after the first few possessions, and they came through with a win in virtually every situation where you knew it was a big play (like all 4 of Atlanta's 4th downs that they went for it).
  • O-line held up ok, especially for game 1 with 3 new starters. The early going was a little rough, but they got better after the half for sure. I didn't hear Shell's name mentioned at all, which is usually good news for a lineman. The rookie RG had a few mental errors that resulted in penalties, but I don't remember many plays getting blown up from the inside. If they get better from here, we'll be in good shape on most days.
  • Russell looks like the best player on the planet. We had a few possessions there in the middle of the game that were duds due to some self-inflicted wounds, and a couple of those sacks were definitely on Russell, but this was a virtuoso performance. He is in complete control of everything going on, and it became clear to me toward the end of the 3rd quarter that this roster has too many good options for a defense to deal with. And this is even before adding Josh Gordon back to the mix.
I think last year's team would have had to gut this one out. It wouldn't have been a 3-score lead late in the game. In fact, they did have to gut it out in last year's matchup after a 24-0 lead against a lesser QB. We are better on both sides of the ball and also had a clean game on ST.

NE had a relatively tight game vs powerhouse Miami -- 3 point lead going into the 4th qtr. I look forward to beating Cam Newton again next week.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it was in NE yes you are right, we know how the patriots are. If you aren't cheating you aren't trying am i right? Thats the Bill Belichick way.
Are you older than 13?? You sound like a wounded queer.

Great defense against the Falcons yesterday. You can beat the hell out of your chest and be a screamin12 at giving up 522 yards to them. Ryan torched your secondary and and Newton only had to throw the ball 19 times for 155 to keep Miami honest. Hawks will be playing against the league's best secondary next week. Wilson ain't throwing for 350 against the Patriots. He'll be lucky to throw for 250.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! Ryan did ok but if you are going to use yards as your baseline of success without noting that about 150 yards of those yards came in 4th quarter garbage timr against a soft semi-prevent zone then you are full of crap.
But then again, coming to our team board, calling fans "wounded queers" is pretty much an asshole move. Try keeping that stupid shit on the Smack Talk thread where it belongs.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! Ryan did ok but if you are going to use yards as your baseline of success without noting that about 150 yards of those yards came in 4th quarter garbage timr against a soft semi-prevent zone then you are full of crap.
But then again, coming to our team board, calling fans "wounded queers" is pretty much an asshole move. Try keeping that stupid shit on the Smack Talk thread where it belongs.
Yeah, there is not a strong positive correlation between passing yards and winning. Yesterday was the 8th time a QB has thrown for 400+ yards vs PC's Hawks. Those QBs are 0-8.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very relieved to start off with a nice road W. For me, lots to like about this game:
  • Jamal Adams is well worth all those picks, a generational talent. In game 1 with no pre-season and after only being on the team a couple months, this is the impact he was able to make?? He was everywhere doing everything, and it was great to see us use him to the extent of his ability right out of the box.
  • On the whole, the defense is better. I am not as concerned about most of those yards given up after the game was out of reach in the 4th quarter. Atlanta has a legit passing game and it's clearly the center of gravity for what they are going to do on offense game in and game out. Our D had only given up 12 points by the time the offense had put up 31. They tightened the screws on the run game after the first few possessions, and they came through with a win in virtually every situation where you knew it was a big play (like all 4 of Atlanta's 4th downs that they went for it).
  • O-line held up ok, especially for game 1 with 3 new starters. The early going was a little rough, but they got better after the half for sure. I didn't hear Shell's name mentioned at all, which is usually good news for a lineman. The rookie RG had a few mental errors that resulted in penalties, but I don't remember many plays getting blown up from the inside. If they get better from here, we'll be in good shape on most days.
  • Russell looks like the best player on the planet. We had a few possessions there in the middle of the game that were duds due to some self-inflicted wounds, and a couple of those sacks were definitely on Russell, but this was a virtuoso performance. He is in complete control of everything going on, and it became clear to me toward the end of the 3rd quarter that this roster has too many good options for a defense to deal with. And this is even before adding Josh Gordon back to the mix.
I think last year's team would have had to gut this one out. It wouldn't have been a 3-score lead late in the game. In fact, they did have to gut it out in last year's matchup after a 24-0 lead against a lesser QB. We are better on both sides of the ball and also had a clean game on ST.

NE had a relatively tight game vs powerhouse Miami -- 3 point lead going into the 4th qtr. I look forward to beating Cam Newton again next week.

Great breakdown.... RW was a like a surgeon out there just dissecting their defense he saw fit... Everyone on the offense was involved and the balance we had was awesome... Seemed like the OL settled down in the 2nd half... Damien Lewis had a few penalties but I felt he played very well for a rookie in his first game w/out preseason under his belt... It was great watching a game where we were actually up double digits with under 5 minutes remaining... Nice to finally win one without having heart burn at the end of the game...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances... We've always had success vs Cam... We hold his rushing totals to a minimum while forcing him to throw from the pocket... That is not play into Cam's strength so hopefully we are able to hold up and do the same this coming weekend...

Big difference this week in personnel... The Patriots defense will not be facing Ryan Fitzpatrick...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you older than 13?? You sound like a wounded queer.

Great defense against the Falcons yesterday. You can beat the hell out of your chest and be a screamin12 at giving up 522 yards to them. Ryan torched your secondary and and Newton only had to throw the ball 19 times for 155 to keep Miami honest. Hawks will be playing against the league's best secondary next week. Wilson ain't throwing for 350 against the Patriots. He'll be lucky to throw for 250.

lmao wow so defensive on a reply to some friendly jabbing i think we know who the 13 year old is lol. Guess the truth hurts right little kenny?

I don't care if Wilson throws for only a 100 yards just as long as the Hawks get the Win.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's funny how you can really tell a fan bases intelligence level by how they talk to rival teams fan bases. On one hand you got the highly intelligent fan bases that love to poke fun at each other and laugh about it, The Back and forth is entertaining and worth some laughs. Then you got the ones that lack any common sense and have a IQ about on par with a Chimpanzee. These people tend to get very defensive to the teasing and take it personal. Their attacks are always based on age and or Sexual orientation or both and it really has to make you worry about them. What is it with them bringing up pre teens and sex? it's disgusting and disturbing.

But then again what would you expect from someone that calls themself "BigKen" lol

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to be honest that's not even cool to put in the smack talk thread. The Smack talk thread wasn't made for "personal attacks" but for some friendly back and forth with some "edge" to it. Some people enjoy the entertainment of it and it is part of what football is to them, but when you start becoming a moron and prove you can not handle a little poking then you should just stay off another team's board period.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great first game for our team. I was impressed with a bunch of the team’s performance without having any PS games. Did Covid kill the PS?