• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle @ Atlanta 12PM CST

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOO Hyde nice! IF ANYONE MENTIONS IT'S OVER, I will personally hunt you down!
200.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Got Him GIF

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. Offense looked great. Adams and Wags were awesome. Pass rush was suspect and to defense was mediocre

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good: Hawks win and it wasn't as close as the score
The Bad: The defense gave up a ton of yards even before garbage time
The Ugly: 3rd downs for the Hawks on both sides of the ball
The Amazing: Wilson with over 88% completion percentage 300+ yards and 4 TD's ( Russ not rusty )

Last edited:

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot Take: Jamal Adams is the best secondary player we've ever had (with apologies to Kenny Easley, whom I saw only when I was too young to appreciate and played in a different game). ET was better suited for our D at his time and is an HOF'er, but Adams is a better player than ET in his prime.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot Take: Jamal Adams is the best secondary player we've ever had (with apologies to Kenny Easley, whom I saw only when I was too young to appreciate and played in a different game). ET was better suited for our D at his time and is an HOF'er, but Adams is a better player than ET in his prime.
ET was a FS Adams is a SS you can't really compare them to each other as they are totally different in how they play. Adams was good yes but you can not say he was better than Kam yet and or Easley. Sure was a great start though no doubt.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll consider that Adams might already be ahead of Kam, but he has a ways to go to catch Easley at this time. But he seems to be a similar player to Easley in his overall incredible versatility.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if Dallas can beat the LA Rams, today couldn't have gone any better!

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ET was a FS Adams is a SS you can't really compare them to each other as they are totally different in how they play. Adams was good yes but you can not say he was better than Kam yet and or Easley. Sure was a great start though no doubt.
I'm not saying what he's accomplished for the Hawks is our best ever, nor that he is a better FS (cause he's not an FS) than ET; saying he is "the best secondary player we've had". Also, Adams is equal to ET in All-Pro and Pro-Bowl selections through 3 years, and he was our highest draft pick secondary position player that I am aware of (maybe equal with Shawn Springs?), so it really isn't crazy to think he might be our best.... plus, I did start the statement with "Hot Take"... which generally means one is talking out of their ass :rofl:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game guys .

Overall I was ok with how Atlanta played . Defense is a work in progress but the pass rush looks better . Offense played well.

Big difference in the game was our 4th down O vs your D. 0/4 there with 3 of the 4 being 3 yards or less to go. We convert 2 of those and it would've been anyones game . Hopefully DQ gets this D figured out earlier this year. Last 2 years the D has been really solid by years end but we just have dug too big a hole.

Good luck the rest of the year !

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1, just checking in.

Nice win.

See you next week. Expect a run heavy package from NE. Cam looked decent but it appeared NE had only one WR. WR was a strong spot prior to camp. Then guys retired or got released/injured. It's now a weak spot along with TE. But don't sleep on those TEs they made plays today.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1, just checking in.

Nice win.

See you next week. Expect a run heavy package from NE. Cam looked decent but it appeared NE had only one WR. WR was a strong spot prior to camp. Then guys retired or got released/injured. It's now a weak spot along with TE. But don't sleep on those TEs they made plays today.

I like our matchup against New England. Jamal Adams was a one man wrecking crew today and Atlanta's offense is far superior to the Jets, but New England's secondary is also more superior to the Falcons.

I like Seattle in this one, but I can NEVER count out Belichick... long as that guy is with New England I just can't feel that confident about a New England matchup. If it was any other coach given the personnel I'd take Seattle in a landslide given it's a Seattle home game and there were no injuries in today's game.

I'm one of the few people (it seems) that likes New England (outside of their own fans) and respect what they've done. So that being said, good luck to you guys. Losing to San Fran/Dallas/GB/Any team led by penis face Gruden, and a couple other teams drives me insane.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our matchup against New England. Jamal Adams was a one man wrecking crew today and Atlanta's offense is far superior to the Jets, but New England's secondary is also more superior to the Falcons.

I like Seattle in this one, but I can NEVER count out Belichick... long as that guy is with New England I just can't feel that confident about a New England matchup. If it was any other coach given the personnel I'd take Seattle in a landslide given it's a Seattle home game and there were no injuries in today's game.

I'm one of the few people (it seems) that's like New England and respect what they've done. So that being said, good luck to you guys. Losing to San Fran/Dallas/GB/Any team led by penis face Gruden, and a couple other teams drives me insane.
As much as I hate to say this, I think Seattle wins this one. NE is a much better team than Atl but they're still missing a few pieces. WR and TE which kills me. WR was so strong going into camp and I can't understand why BB didn't go get a proven TE? They were available.

NEs D looks like they always do. Fitzmagic made them look even better with his three picks.

Not a fan of Cam but he looked decent back there. Had some nice throws. Edelmen allowed a defender to strip one that was right in his bread basket at the start of the game. Not Cam's fault. It is nice to have a mobile QB for a change. Seattle may want to have Adams spy Cam? NE running a lot of RPOs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to say this, I think Seattle wins this one. NE is a much better team than Atl but they're still missing a few pieces. WR and TE which kills me. WR was so strong going into camp and I can't understand why BB didn't go get a proven TE? They were available.

NEs D looks like they always do. Fitzmagic made them look even better with his three picks.

Not a fan of Cam but he looked decent back there. Had some nice throws. Edelmen allowed a defender to strip one that was right in his bread basket at the start of the game. Not Cam's fault. It is nice to have a mobile QB for a change. Seattle may want to have Adams spy Cam? NE running a lot of RPOs.

Ugh... I HATE to post and say (especially a week out) that I think Seattle will win... especially against BB... ugh. I don't think NE is a MUCH better team than ATL (gotta remember they ended 6-2 last year in the second half when their OL came back) but New England has a defense and the best head coach for game prepping in NFL history. GOOD defense against Seattle kind of seems to be their Achilles heel these days.

It's a GOOD defense going up against a good offense at the QB/skill position, but weaker OL, and still a very "who knows defense".

I dunno. I'm going to go out on a limb and jinx Seattle after being a dick about it today to a # of Seattle posters (lol) and say "I think Seattle wins" but it's going to be a VERY nail biter game (like 21-20 or something).

This may literally be a case of who has home field advantage, but that's kind of 'whatever' now because of COVID... Anyway, should be fun to watch and see what team is for real or how close the two are.

Anyway, I'm sure a game thread will be created at some point this week NW, feel free to join in. You can read my ridiculous rants about officiating and Ken Norton Jr. lol.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh... I HATE to post and say (especially a week out) that I think Seattle will win... especially against BB... ugh. I don't think NE is a MUCH better team than ATL (gotta remember they ended 6-2 last year in the second half when their OL came back) but New England has a defense and the best head coach for game prepping in NFL history. GOOD defense against Seattle kind of seems to be their Achilles heel these days.

It's a GOOD defense going up against a good offense at the QB/skill position, but weaker OL, and still a very "who knows defense".

I dunno. I'm going to go out on a limb and jinx Seattle after being a dick about it today to a # of Seattle posters (lol) and say "I think Seattle wins" but it's going to be a VERY nail biter game (like 21-20 or something).

This may literally be a case of who has home field advantage, but that's kind of 'whatever' now because of COVID... Anyway, should be fun to watch and see what team is for real or how close the two are.

Anyway, I'm sure a game thread will be created at some point this week NW, feel free to join in. You can read my ridiculous rants about officiating and Ken Norton Jr. lol.
Agree a lot can happen during the week. Just look at Von Miller.

NE has to travel that's why I give them the nod. If it was in NE I'd take the Pats.

Coaching adv NE
Defense adv NE
Offense adv Seattle (which is crazy after the 20 year run NE has had)
STs I haven't seen enough to go either way.

I see a slow game with NE running the ball and RW scrambling. So not a lot of possessions as time will continue to tick away.

Could come down to who has the ball last?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree a lot can happen during the week. Just look at Von Miller.

NE has to travel that's why I give them the nod. If it was in NE I'd take the Pats.

Coaching adv NE
Defense adv NE
Offense adv Seattle (which is crazy after the 20 year run NE has had)
STs I haven't seen enough to go either way.

I see a slow game with NE running the ball and RW scrambling. So not a lot of possessions as time will continue to tick away.

Could come down to who has the ball last?

Kind of see it coming down to that. Just feels like one of those games....

Seriousness aside, I hope we annihilate New England LOL :suds: