• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle @ Atlanta 12PM CST

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking heads on sports radio have turned it into a worn out, incorrectly defined term, but clearly they are going to "let Russ cook."

Weird how putting the ball in the hands of an MVP caliber QB early and often in a game leads to an 88% completion %, early momentum, and a 3 score lead instead of having to claw back from down 10 in the 4th. That's what it was about. Let the guy who always has to drag the team back from the brink put us ahead and keep us there.

There are games where you should lean on the RBs to punish the defense time and time again, but I'm happy to see a little shift in coaching philosophy from game 1.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Jamal Adams was worth every one of those picks I would dare say that he is better than prime Earl Thomas I would say that Thomas is a little bit better in coverage but everything else Adams looks great attacking the QB and attack the ball he is a straight up ogre.

Honestly I am happy for the win but lets be real we beat a team that went 7-9 and we all know outside of their passing attack going to Julio Jones that team doesnt have much to offer. I wish we could have other players on defense that step up besides Adams and Wagner. People will look at the final score and would say man Matt Ryan really killed us but when you really watch the match the game was pretty much over at some point into the 4th quarter and the Calvin Ridley TD was just our DBs running into one another which created a wide open TD.

I think Griffen will need to really step up I think he is asking for a solid payday but the Falcons I could tell really focused on attacking him when throwing the ball. We still need other guys on the DL to step up LJ Collier looked non existant.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i saw solid play on both sides but the defense was having issues with some big holes in coverage or just not competing on every down. No PS i think had a lot of these guys gassed and we saw a lot of 3rd stringers play a lot of snaps because of the conditioning aspect of the players. Having no preseason and seeing players getting gassed much easier than norm seems logical and a reason we should not judge anything from the first few weeks of this season. By Week 4 things should look better but as we have seen this team doesn't start playing it's best ball till week 6 or so with a normal preseason so maybe by week 8 this year things will settle? I hope it happens sooner than that but those preseason games missed are really a huge deal.

I like the speed i saw on Defense, it was much better than last year but they were reacting slower than expected to defend to many plays ( lack of reps? yeah i think so ) The offense, all though they put up 38 points they had issue on 3rd downs. Again i just think this is lack of reps and that will straighten itself out. I wouldn't be too quick to judge players, play calling or play results this season. I think we need to let them settle in and by the time there are 12's in the Clink we will see what the real Seahawks are doing. The talent is there on defense now it just has to find an identity, only time will do that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Jamal Adams was worth every one of those picks I would dare say that he is better than prime Earl Thomas I would say that Thomas is a little bit better in coverage but everything else Adams looks great attacking the QB and attack the ball he is a straight up ogre.

Adams is definitely a hall of fame type talent, and I believe his versatility will help transform this defense right away. He can be used in more ways than ET, and he has better range and quickness than Kam while still being a physical and sure tackler.
Honestly I am happy for the win but lets be real we beat a team that went 7-9 and we all know outside of their passing attack going to Julio Jones that team doesnt have much to offer. I wish we could have other players on defense that step up besides Adams and Wagner. People will look at the final score and would say man Matt Ryan really killed us but when you really watch the match the game was pretty much over at some point into the 4th quarter and the Calvin Ridley TD was just our DBs running into one another which created a wide open TD.

I have a pretty healthy respect for Atlanta's passing game. It's been really good for quite a while, and Ridley has caught 60+ passes in each of his first 2 years so they have quite a nice duo there. Gage is a good WR3. They will be able to rack up yards through the air on pretty much everyone. And yeah, they were 7-9 last year but did win 6 of the final 8 (including wins over SF and NO). They may have a tough road to a div championship with NO and TB there, but they aren't some sad sack team.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1, just checking in.

Nice win.

See you next week. Expect a run heavy package from NE. Cam looked decent but it appeared NE had only one WR. WR was a strong spot prior to camp. Then guys retired or got released/injured. It's now a weak spot along with TE. But don't sleep on those TEs they made plays today.
I never underestimate a BB team. It'll be be a hard fought W.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think BB could win a couple games with a team full of Highschool kids. be it coaching or cheating lol. :)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting note about this upcoming game.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1600211412866.png

I do wonder if this will affect the NFL and if the game might be moved. Still over 5 days awhile, hopefully enough time for the air to get better.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 253298

I do wonder if this will affect the NFL and if the game might be moved. Still over 5 days awhile, hopefully enough time for the air to get better.
They will probably play through it. I believe both Cards/Niners and Cowboys/Rams game were also a toss up because of the air quality but they did play.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 253298

They will probably play through it. I believe both Cards/Niners and Cowboys/Rams game were also a toss up because of the air quality but they did play.

The question is why relocate to the Bay area when they have or at least had the same issue? Cleared up?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
air quality in the bay area and LA have been in the hazardous range. Why go from a Air quality that is borderline to one that's hazardous? it makes ZERO sense. The AQI wont be clearing up in the Bay Area or LA until the weekend or next week at the earliest. the AQI is also moving back up this weekend from being pretty good the past couple of days. They have had a strong onshore flow but with a low pressure starting to sag south that will change as the air will come up from LA where all the fires are to San Fran.

Last edited: