• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season Wrap-Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, a fun year to bounce back from what was not a fun year in 2020. Good to have two competitive divisions at the top. I was able to hang in the division race (albeit a longshot) for much of the year so that keeps it interesting for most of the season. Good to see Draft Crazy’s dynasty run take a hit. Tough to see SportsGuru and Q toward the rear of each division once again, but we knew that was likely after the draft. The new guy turned out to be a great addition. Hopefully, Draft Crazy can find another good owner to replace Winsley’s Warriors after relegation.

Paper Tigers: Each positional group could be summarized with one word. Quarterbacks: Terrific. Running Backs: Disappointing. Wide Receivers: Anemic. My QB unit was one of the three best in the league. Armstrong’s passing #s were an unexpected surprise. Young ran less than I hoped but still was a good QB and even Leary filled in with 4 TD games. Didn’t play Levis much but he had his days also. Not sure if my QBs scored most points but second most at worst. At RB, both Bigsby and Goodson were disappointing. Goodson could only get in end zone vs Kent State and Bigsby was only mediocre. Haskins on Michigan worked out well especially after Corum’s injury. WR was just a disaster. Only guy who produced at all was Velus Jones. Renard Bell injury announced 24 hours after pick. Fryfogle never did anything with variety of QBs. His last three game yard totals have been 0, 51 and -3. Then the WRs from pathetic offenses weren’t even good. Melton never scores TDs and Cam Johnson wasn’t even top WR on team. Finally, made no use of waiver wires. Was 2nd on some critical players like Tavion Thomas and Dontayvion Wicks. Definitely need to get more out of the wire in the future. Rahmir Johnson gave me one or two good spot starts and that was it.

Asian Alley Cats: Like I said, although we appreciate his work on the league, everyone tired of him winning it so this year was refreshing. QB situation never really panned out at Texas Tech or Texas. De Laura was okay I guess. Ealy didn’t do what was expected of him and then dropping Tavion Thomas turned out to be crucial. London was silly when healthy but Mims busting was a rarely first round miss. Normally Draft Crazy hits with those type of first round picks but that was one a big miss. Good waiver pick up on AT Perry to at least fill out lineup. Shocked that the Graham Mertz thing didn’t work out.

Heisman Hopefuls: This is a team with a pretty decent lineup at season’s end. Early in year it was mostly Durant from Duke and DTR I think but Jordan Travis came on at QB. Jameson Williams and Makai Polk turned out to be very productive SEC WRs. Jaylan Knighton pickup was a very good use of waiver wire points late in the season in the high-scoring ACC Coastal. Although there’s not really a star performer at QB, one of the more solid late season lineups that he put out against me and went toward 200 in regular season finale.

Orgy of Evil: This is a team with an elite QB unit. Cunningham might be League MVP. Sam Howell wasn’t great but still productive then O’Connell had some huge games for Purdue. Caleb Williams obviously very up and down in his few starts. Complete bust for a keeper in Austin Jones but the K-State RB more than made up for that. Felt like 75 percent of their scores were Vaughn-related. Jaylen Warren pickup worked out brilliantly. The sort of underwhelming part of this team is WR. Boutte out after midseason. Jurkovec in and out of lineup impacted BC passing game. Jaxon Smith-Njgba produced more than I thought a 3rd WR on a team could.

California Raisins: A tough season for the Raisins. Uiagalelei’s season hurt a lot with expectations high and sort of had to keep rolling with him. Daniels just doesn’t pass enough at ASU. Bo Nix is always going to be limited in fantasy production. The Tavion Thomas pickup was terrific but Kevin Harris was a bad pick in Round 3. Blake Corum produced well for a waiver pickup. This team’s strength was the 1-2 at WR with Olave and Dotson. Just not enough QB production though.

Winsley’s Warriors: Oh, Winsley. Injury bug hit. Not always devastating injuries but injuries here and there. Slovis, Martinez, Burmeister, Peters all missed games at QB. Bijan and Cam’ran Harris knocked out for year and Shipley missed games. WR position seems to be biggest problem here. I like Ezukanma but that didn’t work out. Best receiver mighta been a TE and that’s not a good thing. Baylor and Van Dyke were interesting deep roster guys to emerge. Probably deserved to be better than 2-10.

Dawgfathers: Tough place to start when your top 2 QBs coming into year are Rattler and JT Daniels. Best QBs ended up being KJ Jefferson and Payton Thorne. Kyren Williams got off to slow start but Spiller, Willliams, Robinson was a good RB unit. Ross and everything about Clemson offense was a bust. I thought he’d got a waiver steal with Berryhill but didn’t work out in the long run.

Prancing Panthers: Surprised this team didn’t win the division. Great 1-2 punch at WR with Roberson and Downs who were so productive so often. Corral and Hooker were both on high octane offenses. Badie was very productive this year – more than I could have predicted but maybe depth after him was an issue down the stretch. Great first year though. Corral as keeper was a good setup but the WR picks were all Prancer’s doing.

Smurf Turfers: Another team with top notch QBs at 1-2 in Pickett and Stroud. Made up for the bust in Round 2. Chandler had some very big days but I’d guess RB depth was an issue for this team all year. Really not too much great at WR here. Very top heavy team at QB. Somewhat similar to mine I guess.

Skeet Shooters – One of the most balanced team in the league. With Hartman’s emergence, JonBlaze was able to withstand the uselessness of Penix. I guess Sims puts up OK numbers despite playing for such a poor offense. Hall, Cain Charbonnet and the Oregon RB’s made for probably the strongest RB unit. Marshawn Lloyd did not work out but he didn’t need him. Bell is the headline at WR but Rambo had some big games. Wicks pickup helped a lot. Interesting to see a team have such success with QBs that were as a unit probably slightly below average.

Drunk Jocks – Deep QB roster between Rogers, Purdy, Bohanon and LSU QB there were always a few options. Really surprised how good Bohanon was. At RB, Allen emerged late but Zamir White usually didn’t get a ton of carries in blowouts. No one RB jumps out but Red Snow perhaps hit on the right starting lineup decisions. It seemed like Wandale Robinson was scoring every time Kentucky got in the end zone to me. Nice top 3 at WR maybe is what pushed this team over the edge. Great job weathering the first round pick bust.

Waxy Frogs – This one is bizarre to me. If you told me a team had Sean Tucker, Kenneth Walker, and Jordan Addison, I woulda assumed they won the league. Instead Waxy had to battle it out with Winsley for 5th in the weaker division. I guess the depth just wasn’t there around those players. QB especially was an issue. Jurkovec injury for part of the year and perhaps injuries earlier in the season undid this team. The top two RBs Gray and Broussard were disappointing as well. This team paid for not picking up a third QB until Round 11.

Best Picks: QB Malik Cunningham in Round 3; RB Tyler Badie in Round 3; RB Sean Tucker in Round 6; RB Kenneth Walker in Round 9; QB Kenny Pickett in Round 11; WR Jaxon Smith-Njgba in Round 16; RB BJ Baylor in Round 21.

Worst Picks: RB Jalen Berger in Round 1; WR Ty Fryfogle in Round 3; RB Kevin Harris in Round 3; RB Lyn-J Dixon in Round 3; QB JT Daniels in Round 5; WR Elijah Canion in Round 6.

All-Soul Team:

QB Brennan Armstrong, Virginia
QB Malik Cunningham, Louisville
RB Kenneth Walker, Wake Forest
RB Breece Hall, Iowa State
RB Tyler Badie, Missouri
WR Jordan Addison, Pittsburgh
WR Jameson Williams, Alabama
WR Josh Downs, North Carolina
K No Idea but it wasn’t Gabe Brkic.

The ACC is the New Big 12!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had alot of fun with this league. Thanks for including me. Depth did hurt me and a few injuries like everyone. corralls late season injuries, robersons late season injuries, tenn spreading the love against crap opponents. My big dogs slowed late season, both qbs(in great matchups!!) and downs and roberson. But it was fun, was in the thick of it all year. I admit, I thought I was gonna run away with it. But got caught, and beat twice by the division winner, so can't claim he wasnt deserving!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off congrats to @Red Snow on a great season. Well deserved. His team was great. Seemed to get better as the season went on. I really thought it was the year of JonBlaze but he had that one small hiccup at the end of the year with some tough matchups . This was a crazy year because there was very little room for error. Never do I remember both divisions coming down to the final week of the season.

For my team. It was a very frustrating season. I do agree with Stevie that it was good for the league that I struggled this year so while I tried in a way it was kind of nice to sit back and see others compete. I think starting in about week 4 I probably had the worst team in the league this year if it wasn't for the 3-0 start. This is probably the most injured team in at least the post SkinsDevil commished season I can recall with my team. That being said even if I stay healthy I don't compete for the title this year, IMO. Drake London was great but losing Mingo early (who started off great) London and Zach Evans at the midway point just made my team pretty unsteady. I had a streak of 3 straight years going over 100 points in every game each week. That changed this year as I probably hit under 100 more then I hit over 100 this year. It started with my first round pick (Marvin Mims) being awful. You take away two good games from him and he was terrible. He finished off the year with a .5 and a 1.5 game. I love Marvin Mims but it wasn't pretty this year for him.

I had to rely way too much on guys like SaRodorick Thompson and Marvin Mims. Thompson had 2-3 good weeks and then was pretty crummy after. It was a frustrating year when your tough decision is deciding over a RB like Thompson or Ricky Person when the majority of the time the point difference is about 1-2 points minus a few 2 td games that happened more earlier in the season. Waivers was irritating. I blew all of my waiver points basically picking up injured QB's and RB's. The Texas Tech QB/RB situation, TCU RB situation, etc and then I had a tough time deciding between similar RB situation between Snoop Conner and Jerrion Ealy. Ealy was better later in the year but not good enough and too late. Conner and Thompson were good on the right week but way too TD dependent. The oddest thing to me about my season was that I had one HUGE explosion and my career high with a 190 point effort against Winsley's Warriors who seemed to be everyone's beat down toy this year... Winsley had to have the highest point total against this year. Then my QB situation was week. De Laura was my most consistent QB but really he was more of a 17-22 point QB. Casey Thompson had about 3 blow up games but never knew if he was starting a lot of weeks between being injured and turning the ball over where Hudson Card would enter the game or even some week start games. I never got to use Anthony Richardson which was a big letdown. Right when I thought I would he would get a start vs a tough Georgia team, get hurt dancing in the hotel lobby or be pulled last minute (last week) because Emory Jones was good enough to start the final week. Tyler Shough had just hit his groove for me then got injured and never came back this year. Jaxson Dart had a great game the week before I picked him up then when I picked him up he was more of a 1/2 TD guy. QB just didn't work out for me. Casey Thompson had two big weeks one of which was my 190 outburst the other which I started him but he ended up not even starting but came in early vs Kansas and had a huge week. I lucked out there that I didn't check the news that he wasn't starting. Enough with my team.. Lyn-J Dixon was my biggest regret in the draft. Some reason I was stuck on him as a big believer while in my head knowing it maybe wasn't he smartest pick at that point. My plan was to draft Jordan Addison in Round4 who went one pick before me. But I ended up with Zach Evans who was good until his injury. I am ready to close the chapter on the 2021 Asian Alley Cats. It was a fun year even through the struggles and as always I had a blast drafting.

Draft Crazy's 2021 All Soul 12 team.

QB Brennan Armstrong, Virginia
QB Malik Cunningham, Louisville
RB Kenneth Walker, Michigan State
RB Breece Hall, Iowa State
RB Tyler Badie, Missouri
WR Jordan Addison, Pittsburgh
WR Jahan Dotson, Penn State
WR Treylon Burks, Arkansas
K Caleb Shudek, Iowa

Second Team

QB CJ Stroud, Ohio State
QB Sam Hartman, Wake Forest
RB Sean Tucker, Syracuse
RB Travis Dye, Oregon
RB Deuce Vaughn, Kansas State
WR Drake London, USC
WR Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
WR Jameson Williams, Alabama
K Jack Podlesny, Georgia

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way really glad we decided to due away with bowl game matchups for the final week of the season.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really fun season. I think this is by far the healthiest season I have ever had. Started out rough with Berger but after that it was all uphill.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every QB I ever had on my roster this year got injured at some point :lol:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine actually did too. Not that any were consistently good when healthy.

Jayden de Laura (knee) Missed a game. Suspended week 1 also.
Casey Thompson (thumb) missed two games
Anthony Richardson (concussion/knee) right when he got the starting job vs Georgia he then got a concussion followed by a knee injury dancing in the hotel lobby.
Jaxson Dart (picked him up and he tore his MCL) then came back later in season.
Tyler Shough (Broken collarbone week 4 never returned)

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my team.

As I said it was a rough start with Jalen Berger. I thought he was a sure fire first round pick. I wasn't expecting Jonathan Taylor like career at Wisconsin but I figured he would at least be solid. Maybe more like Corey Clement.

QB

Overall, happy with this unit. None of my QB's minus Bohannon were runners but I did get a lot of touchdown passes out of them. Will Rogers was great. I think he started off a little mediocre but as the season went on he got better and better. The biggest surprise to me was what he did vs Auburn. Max Johnson was a little bit of the opposite. When Boutte was healthy, Johnson was much better. While he wasn't bad late in the season his numbers did decline from start to finish. I ended up starting Bohannon a lot more then I expected. I think he had one blow up game but overall he was pretty solid as he could score a bit on the ground and through the air. When I drafted Bohannon I figured I may never use him but he ended up a lot more valuable then I thought. I was planning to start him in the championship but he ended up getting hurt the week before. Brock Purdy was ok but the QB's I drafted after him were better. ISU ran the ball a lot with Hall. I ended up using Purdy a little bit but not a lot after drafting him as my QB2. Drafting both LSU QB's turned out vital for me as Brennan got hurt and then the LSU QB I drafted second ended up starting the entire season.

RB
I wasn't real deep here. I didn't have real big studs here but it was good enough. Raachad White ended up with some really big games for me and Trayanaum and Ngata didn't poach into a large amount of his carries. White had a few big yard games rushing and receiving but he proved to be very dependable as a touchdown maker. Zamir White, as Stevie said was pretty undependable as his carries were pretty low with Georgia blowing everyone out. He did score in most games with low carries/low yardage and I ended up using him most weeks because I wasn't real deep at RB. Early in the season I sat Zamir for Tiyon Evans who was great early on but then suffered an injury and was never really startable after. I got a lot out of Evans though especially where I drafted him and he came up huge for me early in the season especially against Missouri. Miyan Williams proved to be nothing for me but he did score the one week I used him (week 1)... My RB's while not incredible were ok and really picked up by my WR depth during bye weeks and being able to start a WR most weeks at FLEX. White and White scoring touchdowns saved my RB unit and Tiyon Evans big games early on turned out big for me.

WR
Very deep here. My best WR group ever. Treylon Burks (keeper) was a stud. Even against good defensive teams he was pretty darn good. He started off a little slow but caught fire and consistent most of the year. Wan'Dale Robinson and John Metchie were pretty consistently good. Metchie also started off a little slow but ended great. Gary Bryant was a weekly starter when London went down and I got sort of lucky when I had to spot start Haselwood and Joshua Moore. Haselwood had a 3 catch, 3 td week when I needed him the most.

K
Podlesny was pretty darn good for me. Even if it was kicking 8 XP's a week he got me double digit points most weeks.

My biggest asset was my team staying healthy and I was pretty consistent with my starting group. I feel like my players played better as the season went on. I had some slow starters who I stuck with and they proved to be huge down the stretch. There weren't many weeks where I regretted my starting lineup decisions.

Congrats to OmarEasy as well. even though I feel like we barely heard from the guy during the season. I think he is a real person. ;)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB: Everyone besides Jordan Travis underwhelmed. That's really it. DTR came on strong at the end of the season, really makes me wonder if he wasn't more banged up early in the year.

RB: Stevie was right (I now need to go bath in bleach). The bad RB offense was a disaster. Brooks was decent on a per carry basis, but never got enough. Brown was bad early and then just wildly up and down. Durant was fire early and jsut died down the stretch. Losing cam porter was brutal. Knight was decent but hardly a game breaker. And Leddie Brown was mostly good, but rarely outstanding. I usually have a good RB unit, this was not that.

WR: This is the most talent I've had at WR, probably ever. But I just could never get the right combination and it cost me a couple games. Lots of guys who had good weeks/stats but almost never when I started them (looking at you Autman Bell and Emezie). Tay Martin was probably the most consistent and Jameson Williams came on like gangbusters as the year went on. But Harris and Autman Bell were disappointments.

K: This might've been my strongest unit. He was a rock.

Coaching: F. Seriously guys, Why do we keep this dude around?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022 is the year of The Q. His players want him to work on his self esteem though.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up fellas!

I was definitely surprised to have success after having some bad QB play initially and losing some guys early. Hartman's break oit and picking up Wicks saved me for sure. For the record, Noah Cain sucked this year lol.

With the transfer portal and coaching changes next year's draft should be interesting

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping my keepers next year fair a lot better too

King and Gray were both complete flops.

Taking King #1 in the draft 2 years ago was a bad decision. He never really did crap.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping my keepers next year fair a lot better too

King and Gray were both complete flops.

Taking King #1 in the draft 2 years ago was a bad decision. He never really did crap.

Your keeper ruined my keeper too.

Navin101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every QB I ever had on my roster this year got injured at some point :lol:

To quote Homer Simpson, my QBs were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas to everyone except those who tanked an entire season to get Bryce Young

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way really glad we decided to due away with bowl game matchups for the final week of the season.

I would’ve liked to have won a bowl game though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.