• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

season is in jeopardy already

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he said his comment was laughed at. i was just being sarcastic about how if you don't have enough posts, you're not known or you don't spend all day on forums.. somehow that seems to lessen the value of what you say.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and 20,000 of those posts is arguing with Cowboys fans over who has the better players.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real problem is the players that left or are injured and have not been replaced.
Tim Jernigan injured, Haoli Ngati injured
LaGarrette Blount gone, not replaced, Clemens injured, now Ajayi hurt,
Patrick Robinson gone, no one has stepped up, but I think the lack of push up front may show the secondary flaws.
Wentz was hurt, Still recovering
Torrey Smith gone, he was not great, but he did stretch the field, Marshall is hurt, Alshon has been hurt
LB I can't even get into this, most of those guys should be on ST or in the arena league
OL, Peters is old still effective. Vitae has regressed, Seamulo just plain stinks, Not sure what is up with Wis, We always complained about Kelci.
TE Celek retired, Burton left. Ertz is one of the best in the game. Goedert has not stepped into the void yet.

Also, last year, anythin Pederson did worked out. Not this year.

We just need patience. They will be fine.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-4 with 3 nfc losses is a huge hole to dig out of. Yes I want to be able to make a strong run at the end of the season, but winning the SB from the 6th seed is not the way to go

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he said his comment was laughed at. i was just being sarcastic about how if you don't have enough posts, you're not known or you don't spend all day on forums.. somehow that seems to lessen the value of what you say.

saying stupid shit lessens the value of what you say...

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even though it's just a regular season game, the pats are once again showing how important playing at home is. their recent superbowl runs (going back to 03) in 2017, 2016, 2014, 2011, 2007 and 2003 were all set up with home field advantage. it was only in 2004 they were able to go on the road (pittsburgh) and advance. but they also had a bye, were 14-2 that season and just needed to win that one road game.

the rams are already 6-0. at this point, only severe injuries to main positions will stop them from locking up one of the top seeds. the eagles need to go at least 3-1 in this next 4 game block against the panthers, jags, cowboys and saints to have any shot at picking off that 2 seed. the schedule softens a little after that and would give them a chance to push 11 wins, which might be good enough if you beat the right teams head to head.

this is all boring and stupid shit though.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid and boring.

No one will want to face us in the postseason once we win the division.

Doug Pederson is too good.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny not funny...how many teams came into home field advantage Philly and advanced to the SB? :gaah:

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid and boring.

No one will want to face us in the postseason once we win the division.

Doug Pederson is too good.

Obviously home field is ideal, but I would relish a hypothetical scenario where we go into 15-1 #1 seed LA, and as a #3 seed, beat the fucking brakes off them in their own yard for the Championship Game and go back to repeat in SBLIII.

That would be awesome.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously home field is ideal, but I would relish a hypothetical scenario where we go into 15-1 #1 seed LA, and as a #3 seed, beat the fucking brakes off them in their own yard for the Championship Game and go back to repeat in SBLIII.

That would be awesome.
Me too and so far it's lining up beautifully.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barring some extreme shit luck and/or play, this team is going to the playoffs. that 100% puts the focus on their seeding. and they just fucked up royally last week by choking a game away numerous times. the fact that it's only week 5 has no bearing on that.

if we don't catch fire now, then i fully expect to head into the postseason with 9-11 wins and lose a tough game on the road. then fans will be saying how we just weren't good enough.. which will be bullshit. it will come down to the fact we couldn't secure home field, where we dominate. it's how we won last year, and how we'll win again.
aside from that meaningless dallas game at the end of last year.. we haven't lost at home since december of 2016.

some people like to talk shit and rag on my observations, but i don't care. in the end i was very on point.

we horribly choked two games away against the panthers and titans. that should have had us at 11-5. we could have easily beaten minnesota and won either of the cowboys games. at the very least, we wouldn't have had to sweat out the last week and we would have had a SIGNIFICANTLY easier path in the playoffs.

instead of a home game, we have to go on the road against chicago. can we win? definitely. but are we winning that and then going into new orleans to beat the saints? and then ANOTHER road game after that?

like i was saying, people will go with "we weren't good enough" or that they were just happy to make the postseason. and that's bullshit. the eagles have the offensive talent to beat any team, any time, any place. but to do it 3 weeks in a row on the road would take a miracle.. on top of the miracle we already had last year.

every. single. game. is crucial. and it's never to early to talk about it.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real problem is the players that left or are injured and have not been replaced.
Tim Jernigan injured, Haoli Ngati injured
LaGarrette Blount gone, not replaced, Clemens injured, now Ajayi hurt,
Patrick Robinson gone, no one has stepped up, but I think the lack of push up front may show the secondary flaws.
Wentz was hurt, Still recovering
Torrey Smith gone, he was not great, but he did stretch the field, Marshall is hurt, Alshon has been hurt
LB I can't even get into this, most of those guys should be on ST or in the arena league
OL, Peters is old still effective. Vitae has regressed, Seamulo just plain stinks, Not sure what is up with Wis, We always complained about Kelci.
TE Celek retired, Burton left. Ertz is one of the best in the game. Goedert has not stepped into the void yet.

Also, last year, anythin Pederson did worked out. Not this year.

We just need patience. They will be fine.

Well after these facts of the season I'll take squeaking into the playoffs and a shot at Fog Bowl revenge on Sunday!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some people like to talk shit and rag on my observations, but i don't care. in the end i was very on point.

we horribly choked two games away against the panthers and titans. that should have had us at 11-5. we could have easily beaten minnesota and won either of the cowboys games. at the very least, we wouldn't have had to sweat out the last week and we would have had a SIGNIFICANTLY easier path in the playoffs.

instead of a home game, we have to go on the road against chicago. can we win? definitely. but are we winning that and then going into new orleans to beat the saints? and then ANOTHER road game after that?

like i was saying, people will go with "we weren't good enough" or that they were just happy to make the postseason. and that's bullshit. the eagles have the offensive talent to beat any team, any time, any place. but to do it 3 weeks in a row on the road would take a miracle.. on top of the miracle we already had last year.

every. single. game. is crucial. and it's never to early to talk about it.
We are tougher now than going in your way.

Try to still root for them even though you will have been flat out WRONG.