• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

season is in jeopardy already

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not worried about the eagles making the playoffs. the division is weak and we're playing mediocre at best to start the year. so we're still in great shape to win the east. however, you're not winning 3 playoff games (with possibly all 3 on the road) and then taking the superbowl.

i said last year the carolina game was a must win for homefield. a lot of people disagreed, but it turned out to be huge. if carolina had won, both teams would have been 12-3 going into the final game. we were able to get the bye and had favorable matchups against the falcons and vikings. it was all set up nicely for the superbowl run.

this year, we already have 2 losses.. with minnesota, carolina and jacksonville in the next 4 weeks. just one loss is a huge blow to homefield. the rams are already 4-0. the saints are 3-1. the pack 2-1-1.

unless some really bad shit happens to the rams, they are in the drivers seat for the #1 seed. if the eagles don't wake up and push hard for the #2.. there's almost no chance for a repeat. that's just reality.

unfortunately, i don't like the running game. i think the rest of the season is going to be super pass happy, which is going to expose the defense because of turnovers and time of possession. if i had to guess, a 10-6 record and early playoff exit.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not worried about the eagles making the playoffs. the division is weak and we're playing mediocre at best to start the year. so we're still in great shape to win the east. however, you're not winning 3 playoff games (with possibly all 3 on the road) and then taking the superbowl.

i said last year the carolina game was a must win for homefield. a lot of people disagreed, but it turned out to be huge. if carolina had won, both teams would have been 12-3 going into the final game. we were able to get the bye and had favorable matchups against the falcons and vikings. it was all set up nicely for the superbowl run.

this year, we already have 2 losses.. with minnesota, carolina and jacksonville in the next 4 weeks. just one loss is a huge blow to homefield. the rams are already 4-0. the saints are 3-1. the pack 2-1-1.

unless some really bad shit happens to the rams, they are in the drivers seat for the #1 seed. if the eagles don't wake up and push hard for the #2.. there's almost no chance for a repeat. that's just reality.

unfortunately, i don't like the running game. i think the rest of the season is going to be super pass happy, which is going to expose the defense because of turnovers and time of possession. if i had to guess, a 10-6 record and early playoff exit.

get ideas like bye and HFA out of your mind after week 4. Win games and that stuff will sort it out later.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams will drop some. They haven't exactly played a meat grinder so far. Vikings -1 win, Chargers -2, Cardinals -0, Raiders -1. They are very good and playing well now but I don't think its wrapped up just yet.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey OP, nice prediction about how bad this team and coach were last year.

The passing attack is going to explode at somepoint. Don't be so afraid of passing.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want the home field advantage you're looking at 12-13 wins. at worst, the eagles now have to go 10-2 just to hit the 12-4 mark. with minnesota, carolina, jacksonville, new orleans and the rams still remaining.. losing to teams like the bucs and titans is devastating.

even if the eagles get their shit together, the odds of them winning all of those above mentioned games are extremely small. not to mention the rest of the schedule. anyone who thinks the eagles can just turn it on and make up these games like it's nothing is sadly mistaken.

the rams might not be as good as they currently look, but they already have a 2 game jump on the eagles. all they have to do is go 9-3 to finish with a 13-3 record. a lot of fans still don't get the bottom line in the end. it's all about the W. it doesn't matter if you barely beat the worst teams in the league.. if you look like crap.. if you think you have too many holes. you claw and scratch those wins out and you get rewarded in the end. if not, pack it up.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey OP, nice prediction about how bad this team and coach were last year.

The passing attack is going to explode at somepoint. Don't be so afraid of passing.

well, i sure da am der stupid.. especially when it comes to understanding how important HFA is..

i think we win it all this year

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want the home field advantage you're looking at 12-13 wins. at worst, the eagles now have to go 10-2 just to hit the 12-4 mark. with minnesota, carolina, jacksonville, new orleans and the rams still remaining.. losing to teams like the bucs and titans is devastating.

even if the eagles get their shit together, the odds of them winning all of those above mentioned games are extremely small. not to mention the rest of the schedule. anyone who thinks the eagles can just turn it on and make up these games like it's nothing is sadly mistaken.

the rams might not be as good as they currently look, but they already have a 2 game jump on the eagles. all they have to do is go 9-3 to finish with a 13-3 record. a lot of fans still don't get the bottom line in the end. it's all about the W. it doesn't matter if you barely beat the worst teams in the league.. if you look like crap.. if you think you have too many holes. you claw and scratch those wins out and you get rewarded in the end. if not, pack it up.

Shut up about HFA.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up about HFA.

why don't you just shut the fuck up period? you're the most annoying twat i've ever come across. fucking no life mutt... living on forums.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why don't you just shut the fuck up period? you're the most annoying twat i've ever come across. fucking no life mutt... living on forums.

post again about how important HFA is in week 4 to a 2-2 team.

fucking derp machine == you.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this one of the retards what wanted to bench Foles before the playoffs?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post again about how important HFA is in week 4 to a 2-2 team.

fucking derp machine == you.

mind boggling why people like yourself insist on wasting so much time talking shit on a forum to strangers. i almost feel sorry for you. something like 70+ posts over the last 4 hours? just drifting from forum to forum? constantly seeking people out to insult and argue with? nutjobs.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mind boggling why people like yourself insist on wasting so much time talking shit on a forum to strangers. i almost feel sorry for you. something like 70+ posts over the last 4 hours? just drifting from forum to forum? constantly seeking people out to insult and argue with? nutjobs.

says the guy responding to me on a message board... :L

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the guy responding to me on a message board... :L

if you notice, i rarely post. and i believe i previously requested you do NOT reply to me in any manner because you add nothing to the discussion. the majority of the few posts i make are generally related to homefield advantage, doug pederson and jalen mills.

i've been saying for years now the only way mills should be playing corner on this team is for emergency/extremely minimal situations at best. he's a poor man's carey williams and he will keep costing the eagles game after game.

i've also been stating the importance of close games and home field, especially last year. anyone with common sense knows how much it benefited the eagles. without it, the odds of reaching the superbowl were slim. and we're in a dangerous spot right now despite the fact it's just week 5.

am i somehow wrong? yet, you feel the need to ride my ass about legit eagles talk. you're as bad as eaglesnut with his blind homerism and pederson love affair.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you notice, i rarely post. and i believe i previously requested you do NOT reply to me in any manner because you add nothing to the discussion. the majority of the few posts i make are generally related to homefield advantage, doug pederson and jalen mills.

i've been saying for years now the only way mills should be playing corner on this team is for emergency/extremely minimal situations at best. he's a poor man's carey williams and he will keep costing the eagles game after game.

i've also been stating the importance of close games and home field, especially last year. anyone with common sense knows how much it benefited the eagles. without it, the odds of reaching the superbowl were slim. and we're in a dangerous spot right now despite the fact it's just week 5.

am i somehow wrong? yet, you feel the need to ride my ass about legit eagles talk. you're as bad as eaglesnut with his blind homerism and pederson love affair.

Superbowl wins:

Doug Pederson - 1
All other Eagles coaches combined - 0

Maybe you trust the guy knows more than you.

And talking about HFA after week four is just retarded. Might as well start game planning for your potential Super Bowl opponent... can never start too soon. Who do you think wins the AFC after we get home field and dominate the NFC? I guess you could start a thread about that idiocy as well.

Only thing you say that we can agree on is that Jalen Mills sucks. So does Darby and most of the rest of our secondary. Jenkins is great, but looks a little slower this year. But our corners are overly reliant on the front 4 getting home. They play 20 yard cushions and still get beat on double moves multiple times per game. Christ the one play last game was a lazily run post and Mills wasn't within 5 yards of the guy when he dropped the pass. That sticks coverage on 4th and 15 had the left side of the D completely flat footed and nowhere close to a receiver. Why not run a normal defense there? Oh well, if you opponent completes a 4th and 15 to keep the game alive, you deserve to lose.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins needs to be SS. Bites on everything now and needs to be closer to the line now.

When was the last time he made a play going backwards???