• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Mc Vay Embarrassed

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude should be...

A historical loss in the NFL.

But more than that, when he states that, it just reminds me of how ill prepared he was once again for 'lessor' opponents.

His 3 loss record this year vs opponents with a 'lessor' record has a combined record is 11-31.

That's 3 out of 5 losses this year!!!!

So tell me, how is it J. Goff's problem when these losses are to much inferior teams?

The Rams have 2 losses to the Buffalo Bills and the Miami Dolphins who both have winning records, and of the 3 losses, they are to awful teams with a wining percentage of ~30 percent.

To further note, of those two teams with winning percentages, well last year they were not so good and we played them early on. Those two teams had a combined record of 15-17 last year.

All's I'm trying to say, is I think Sean is not doing his due diligence for teams he deems as 'easy wins'. And as evident, is once again ill prepared. The blame game always goes to the QB but can you blame the QB on early TD's and ST turnovers to a team that hadn't won a single game? Or two losses to a team, had they not played the Rams could have a record of 3-11?

We need to hold Sean's feet to the fire here. He tends to take games off and expects the talent to win the game.

This is not how the NFL works, remember the professional saying compared to college, 'On Any Given Sunday'. Maybe Sean should have this tattooed on his forehead in reverse, so he could see it every morning when he starts his day....

He obviously needs some sort of reminder...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of these losses, sure we are a better team but when you continulally lose to inferior talent, who is to blame?

You can't take weeks off and expect to win in the NFL..

That's coaching my friends, plain and simple...

If it happens once or maybe twice it's an anomaly, but when it happens 4 times out of maybe 5 games, it's an issue....

Clearly the Rams were the better team in 3 of those games, and were favorites vs the Bills and Dolphins...

Had the Rams won those games they were favored in, they would be the No. 1 Seed.

Had they won those 3 games to lessor talent (11-31 counting the 3 wins against your team), they still would be the No. 1 Seed in the NFC.

Shame on you Mr. Mc Vay, your lazy ass got in the way....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my post over on the Jets game thread. This team has pissed-away an easy and attainable chance to dominate the division and set themselves at a real chance at a snooperbowl bid. Now I don't trust anything that comes out McVay's mouth as he has demonstrated he has called "wolf" one too many time to be trusted.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Retro, when he threw Goff under the Buss after the 2nd 49ers loss I about lost it Sure there were many here who jumped on that band wagon, I was not taking names here on tHoop because it doesn't matter, but this rhetoric is pathetic IMO.

I saw blanket coverage in that last 49ers game, how does that happen when the two Rams recievers have the best YAC's in the league?

This week, I saw D-line schemes against our O-line and ST where we had no chance to win.

Zero chance.

That is just poor preparation, maybe for a series or two but not for an entire game or games in this scenario!

And again, blanket coverage on offense with zero YAC's and just the opposite on defense, dudes just wide open with nothing but green in front of them?????

I do like Mc Vay, make no mistake, I just need him to clean this stuff up.

The NFL is an every week ordeal, he needs to prepare every week to win the game, obviously to me, I think he expect to win on lessor weeks with a 'good' game plan. Sorry Mc Vay, it just doesn't work that way in the NFL.

Go spend a week with the hated one, BB and ask him. He takes his weeks off after the SB and before the draft, that's about it....

Last edited:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play calling has been bad but what is worse are players not being ready to play. I'm tired of hearing that McVay gave the team a day off its obviously not working. And what ticks me off is McVay can change this. He must be a head coach and not a frat buddy.
For example about Goff and in defense of his game. Why make him throw a hail Mary at the end of the last drive? if you are afraid to go for a FG than put in a roll out play move the pocket away from the rush that the O-line can't stop and get the first down secured.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on both VitaMike and Rambunctious. This being a frat buddy has really gotten old and it allows the inmates to run the asylum. If you are going to be a HC with genius and determination to win it all, for cryin' out loud, prepare diligently every week and beat the teams you are supposed to beat and fight like hell with the rest. Quit this nonsense of calling out your QB when you are 80% responsible for not holding the kid accountable for conduct detrimental to the team. Have a gameplan grounded in disciplined adjustments to game conditions that can change on a dime. Knock-off this tryin' to be everyone's cool buddy and be the leader you claim to be because your grandfather didn't try to be a buddy to everyone and he has 5 snooperbowl rings. That is something you will never get continuing in this pussified path you're on that is vastly and appropriately represented by those pussified ridiculous unis you are so fond of even when they first arrived. Good grief already!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that I've said this ad naseum but I think in this instance it bears repeating. Sean McVay buys into the hype of being this offensive genius kid coach. Since he buys into the hype, he thinks all of these teams are going to bow down to his superiority, his genius. I don't know what it'll take to get it through his head that there isn't one team in the NFL that's going to lie down and play dead, no matter how horrible they are. What the really bad thing is, is that every game they've lost, they could've just as easily won. I don't mind arrogance to a point but I think that type of mindset of thinking you're better than everyone else and not having to practice or take the other team seriously is being proven time and time again that it's not going to work. He can keep saying how things need to change but until things actually do on a consistent basis for the better, I don't think me, anyone on this board, any Rams fan in general is going to buy into that bullshit any longer.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His response is the same after almost every loss.

I have to do a better job- and yet, he doesn’t. Nothing changes.

And then when he does change things up for a game or two and it has success( like running the jumbo ), he inexplicably stops running it for no reason whatsoever.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassed? Why is it that almost every time he has extra time to prepare we play like garbage? He should be embarrassed... but I have a better idea, STOP IT FROM HAPPENING OVER AND OVER!!!
Also...
3rd and 4, bomb the ball deep
4th and 4, bomb the ball deep

The game was on the line, how about just getting the first dummy???

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least the Steelers took some of the glaring spotlight off of the Rams last night. Steelers lost to a team without it's starting QB, starting RB, and lost it's #1 receiver early on to concussion protocol. Partners in ineptitude.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His early success and "boy wonder" has really gotten to him.... I think he was completely broken by the Pats in the Super Bowl.. Hasn't been the same since

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of embarrassing, I got my balls busted by all of my friends that happen to be Eagles fans. Eagles fans busting on anyone - Priceless.
That whole division lost to the team that lost to the Jets. And on top of that, isn’t going to have one team finish over .500 in the division. Anyone that are fans of a team in that division trashing us is hilarious within itself. We could’ve already won that division with weeks to spare.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is the best QB of all time after he gets down 20 against prevent.

Mcvay has his flaws however. But having a stud QB is no longer a problem

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McVay had to dumb down the offense for Goff, now he can release the playbook for all it's glory. Every since that Bears game in 2018, Goff slowly devolved.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once again you are missing the point.

If McVay can coach a such a shitty QB as you attest, to a winning record in the post season, he should have been able to get wins vs the NFL's worst in 2020.

Those games I mentioned were lost on Defense, where terrible Offenses were running rough shod on our D, and we were playing from behind because we were ill prepared.

You are getting old so maybe you forget.

And to the Goff point, McVay just needs to stop paying guys the big bucks he can't trust.

Either pay 'em and play 'em or let them go. Signing them early, should only be for the real Studs in the league, period.

Just tired of our Cap going to waste because they didn't properly evaluate the guy for what he really is.

If he sucked that bad, what the hell were we doing signing him to a huge early deal?

Yeah, we got Matt now but subtracting Goff cost us a bunch and it didn't need to.

This shit isn't that hard, and McVay & company just really sucked in those three games that engendered this thread.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again you are missing the point.

If McVay can coach a such a shitty QB as you attest, to a winning record in the post season, he should have been able to get wins vs the NFL's worst in 2020.

Those games I mentioned were lost on Defense, where terrible Offenses were running rough shod on our D, and we were playing from behind because we were ill prepared.

You are getting old so maybe you forget.

And to the Goff point, McVay just needs to stop paying guys the big bucks he can't trust.

Either pay 'em and play 'em or let them go. Signing them early, should only be for the real Studs in the league, period.

Just tired of our Cap going to waste because they didn't properly evaluate the guy for what he really is.

If he sucked that bad, what the hell were we doing signing him to a huge early deal?

Yeah, we got Matt now but subtracting Goff cost us a bunch and it didn't need to.

This shit isn't that hard, and McVay & company just really sucked in those three games that engendered this thread.

Yes he can coach a shitty QB that will be a backup soon. He can’t play for him

You seem a bit defensive today

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3