• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams: 1:05 PST

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rams missing Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson out for the year and now Donald injured with a high ankle sprain on Sunday

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, age finally caught up with that team... Kupp still < 30 but when you're getting THAT many targets in the regular season and then deep playoffs too boot, eventually an injury is going to get ya.

That said, if the Rams start running the ball well, anything can go. Seattle needs to limit Barton to 30-35 snaps a game (not 50+ like the last couple weeks - the D started play better when he was kept sub 40 for that stretch there) and stop that stupid ass 2 down lineman front, because it usually means Taylor and Barton are out there, and neither can play the run at all. In fact, Taylor's one positive was his pass rushing, and even that's gone now. Seattle should be running a 3-3-5... or a 3-4-4 with very limited Barton/Taylor.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are down Stafford as well as Donald & Kupp, there is absolutely no excuse for losing this game. Even if Barton plays 100 snaps. :)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are down Stafford as well as Donald & Kupp, there is absolutely no excuse for losing this game. Even if Barton plays 100 snaps. :)

In before: "Ronnie Rivers, who was waived by the Seahawks started on Sunday for the Rams, playing against his former team. The 5'9" 195 lb undrafted rookie and Cam Akers gashed the Seahawks for 391 yards and 4 touchdowns as the Hawks 2 down lineman front and Taylor/Barton had no answer. Matt Stafford and Cooper Kupp did not play, but was not needed in this matchup as the Rams threw the ball twice. Seattle is now 6-6 and the wild card is looking less of a possibility."

• Haha
Reactions: JMR

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before: "Ronnie Rivers, who was waived by the Seahawks started on Sunday for the Rams, playing against his former team. The 5'9" 195 lb undrafted rookie and Cam Akers gashed the Seahawks for 391 yards and 4 touchdowns as the Hawks 2 down lineman front and Taylor/Barton had no answer. Matt Stafford and Cooper Kupp did not play, but was not needed in this matchup as the Rams threw the ball twice. Seattle is now 6-6 and the wild card is looking less of a possibility."
it would help that broncos pick...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this one, it all comes down to one question:

How much defense are we actually willing to have out there this time? After that inexcusable lack of effort against the Raiders, I really don't see much for improvement here.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this one, it all comes down to one question:

How much defense are we actually willing to have out there this time? After that inexcusable lack of effort against the Raiders, I really don't see much for improvement here.
Hard to expect improvement when our defense has not only played like this 2 straight games but basically in 7 of our 11 games... But if they can't improve against a depleted Rams team, we have bigger issues than we thought...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to expect improvement when our defense has not only played like this 2 straight games but basically in 7 of our 11 games... But if they can't improve against a depleted Rams team, we have bigger issues than we thought...

The Lions nearly had all their offense out as well, and we looked like swiss cheese against them, too.... lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should win fairly easily, so if course we won't.

a27f3997-3bb3-4e61-a45d-165d8008e045_text.gif

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard much from Bobby Wagner this year in terms of making plays for the Rams or finding himself on ESPN highlights... It will be weird seeing him in not only a Rams uniform but also in the #45... Unlike Russell Wilson, I feel bad for Bobby... It was the Seahawks choice to move on from him even though he wanted to stay in Seattle... He chose a team he thought he had a chance at winning another SB with along w/ the opportunity to play the hawks 2x's as well... Unfortunately (well fortunately for us) the Rams aren't a mirror of their former selves this year... Bobby has always been a class act and I do feel badly for him that he went to, what has ended up being, one of the worst teams in the NFL this year...

With that said, I expect him to have one of his better games this season... He mentioned that he will be doing a lot of chirping and letting the Hawks know what they've been missing... Should be an interesting show this weekend...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the Seahawks choice to move on from him even though he wanted to stay in Seattle...

Hmmm, well partly true. There was just no way he was going to be here at the salary of that final year of his deal. I think it was $20M? For all we know (unless a detailed story already came out that I missed), the team offered an extension that Bobby turned down. I don't feel bad for him or Russell. You have to think Bobby wasn't surprised that he was cut based on the $, and I really doubt the organization just didn't want him back at any price.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, well partly true. There was just no way he was going to be here at the salary of that final year of his deal. I think it was $20M? For all we know (unless a detailed story already came out that I missed), the team offered an extension that Bobby turned down. I don't feel bad for him or Russell. You have to think Bobby wasn't surprised that he was cut based on the $, and I really doubt the organization just didn't want him back at any price.
Possibly somewhat true but I also think it had something to do with the fact they wanted to see what Brooks can do in the leadership role at that position. Plus I think they still wanted to see what they had in Cody Barton

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly somewhat true but I also think it had something to do with the fact they wanted to see what Brooks can do in the leadership role at that position. Plus I think they still wanted to see what they had in Cody Barton
It was the contract. Seahawks brass thought highly of Wags and cutting him was difficult but they weren't going to pay him 20 million and he didn't want to help with the cap hit so .......

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the contract. Seahawks brass thought highly of Wags and cutting him was difficult but they weren't going to pay him 20 million and he didn't want to help with the cap hit so .......
Listening to Bobby Wagner on the ESPN 710am interview yesterday didn’t sound like it was only the contract

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Bobby Wagner on the ESPN 710am interview yesterday didn’t sound like it was only the contract
I suppose other issues could of been in play, but secondary to the contract Most likely.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, age finally caught up with that team... Kupp still < 30 but when you're getting THAT many targets in the regular season and then deep playoffs too boot, eventually an injury is going to get ya.

That said, if the Rams start running the ball well, anything can go. Seattle needs to limit Barton to 30-35 snaps a game (not 50+ like the last couple weeks - the D started play better when he was kept sub 40 for that stretch there) and stop that stupid ass 2 down lineman front, because it usually means Taylor and Barton are out there, and neither can play the run at all. In fact, Taylor's one positive was his pass rushing, and even that's gone now. Seattle should be running a 3-3-5... or a 3-4-4 with very limited Barton/Taylor.
Age catching up to them and the fact they don’t have many draft picks is the kiss of death

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Stafford to miss out on this game tomorrow as well.

Who's their backup?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys to the game (IMO):

Kenneth Walker - Though he's scored 5 TDs over the last 4 games, he's averaging a shade under 3 yards per carry in that time highlighted by his 43 yards on 24 carries the last 2 games. As bad as the defense has been the last 2 weeks stopping the run, Walker has been similarly bad running the ball against defenses that weren't necessarily good (52 ypg as a team against teams giving up 116).

Run Defense - For the second time in 3 games, Seattle is playing a bottom 2 run offense. TB committed to the run in a way they've never shown they were willing to before. Back-to-back 40 run attempt games have seen Seattle run defense perform poorly, overall. Both TB and LV were willing to accept short yardage plays (50% three yards and under) until they got their big break (29 yards in 3rd for TB, 30 yards in 2nd for LV). LA has not shown a commitment to the run this season, and so it'll be interesting if they follow TB and try forcing the running game - especially with a backup QB. Gotta force them to throw if they want to win this game.

Pressure - It's been said, but it's gonna be real important to get pressure this week. There's no reason to allow a backup all day to throw. It's been seen too many times where Seattle sits back and let's a backup carve them up. No reason not to get in his face. The pass rush has been absent the last 2 games and it needs to come back. Make the Rams uncomfortable all day.