• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Broncos

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these two former Super Bowl 48 participants are on a similar path. Not necessarily rebuilding but re-tooling for sure. With the Seahawks, you have the steady performance of Russell Wilson. As many have said on this site, he is the X factor and I definitely agree. With the Broncos, their steady hand will be the defense. Even with the loss of Talib, the defense looks pretty stout with Roby on the back end and the addition of Bradley Chubb up front.

Keenum will be a huge factor here. Which Keenum will we see? The journeyman or the Vikings NFCCG QB from last year? I predict that it will take some time for him to gel with this new offense and coaching staff. Case Keenum has not thrown a TD pass in 3 pre-season games but he did look sharper with each contest.

Both the Seahawks and Broncos have suffered through poor O-line play the last couple of years. The Broncos have two new O lineman this year and a rookie in Bolles who will be on year 2. Sounds like the Seahawks have also tried to address their line. Both of these teams need the O-line to see significant improvements to make any noise in this season.

Definitely an edge goes to Denver at Mile High with the crowd behind them. I'm now wondering however, if the recent addition of Earl Thomas back to Seattle's roster doesn't provide a spark of momentum toward the visiting team. I know he's been out of camp but the guy can just flat out play and I think he'll have an impact in this game.

Denver is counting on a lot of rookies to really contribute this year and Seattle seems to have added a sizable amount of new names as well. This game will look starkly different from that Super Bowl 5 years ago (crazy how time flies).

Week one is so damn unpredictable. I'm giving the slight (homer) edge to the Broncos but I believe they'll be taking on a very solid and slightly unpredictable Seahawks team. No matter who plays on the defensive side of the ball, I expect the Seattle defense to bring the pain on every play. That's their style. Hopefully (for me), Keenum can get rid of the ball quickly and avoid the big hits.

I can't wait to get this season started and Sunday can't get here soon enough. It's nice to have a quality opponent in week 1 like the Seattle Seahawks. Here's to a good and injury free contest. Go Broncos!

Great post.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Wilson fucks some shit up, just to kinda quiet these fucking articles that are coming out

None of what was reported in that SI article was very new. ESPN reported this shit a year ago, this was just a confirmation of what was reported a year ago, plus a few more names on the record.

I honestly don't give a shit about what the defense thinks about Russell Wilson. If you ask me, they should give him some more respect. He and Marshawn Lynch did so much behind an awful offensive line. The line we had when we won the Superbowl was average at best.

Hopefully the team seizes this opportunity and kicks some ass.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of what was reported in that SI article was very new. ESPN reported this shit a year ago, this was just a confirmation of what was reported a year ago, plus a few more names on the record.

I honestly don't give a shit about what the defense thinks about Russell Wilson. If you ask me, they should give him some more respect. He and Marshawn Lynch did so much behind an awful offensive line. The line we had when we won the Superbowl was average at best.

Hopefully the team seizes this opportunity and kicks some ass.
Yea I still hope Wilson fucks shit up regardless lol

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Wilson fucks some shit up, just to kinda quiet these fucking articles that are coming out

I wouldn't count on it. Wilson really hasn't ever lit it up in week one.

Fun Fact: Seahawks are 5-21 all time in Denver. OK that one's not so much fun.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't count on it. Wilson really hasn't ever lit it up in week one.

Fun Fact: Seahawks are 5-21 all time in Denver. OK that one's not so much fun.

And Denver is something like 31-4 at home in September.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Denver is something like 31-4 at home in September.

Yep, heat in Sept with that altitude just compound it... Denver players also have to play in that heat and altitude but they're climatized so it's a big advantage for them ... later in the year when it's cold out it's not quit as severe... still thinner air of course, but no heat with it...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow's about a good a test for our OL as any... Sweezy replacing Fluker and Ifedi trying to block Von Miller is not going to be fun to watch imo… I have a feeling RW will be running for his life tomorrow, which is why it's very important we establish the run to keep Von Miller guessing all game... We'll probably have a TE, RB, FB on that side all game trying to slow Miller down while helping Ifedi...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is also something like 17-1 in the past 18 home openers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Earl will be starting tomorrow.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Earl will be starting tomorrow.

hopefully we don't see him grab his hammy during the game. Earl has been working out but his body is not ready for a game yet if you ask me. Fingers crossed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully we don't see him grab his hammy during the game. Earl has been working out but his body is not ready for a game yet if you ask me.

Lack of playing time may effect his physical wear and tear and getting acclimated to NFL hits again, but I doubt his hammy will be the problem.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of playing time may effect his physical wear and tear and getting acclimated to NFL hits again, but I doubt his hammy will be the problem.

why would you say that? The explosive change of direction and long hard strides that you only see in game is what causes that type of injury, Earl also has a little history with injuring his Hammys so....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would you say that? The explosive change of direction and long hard strides that you only see in game is what causes that type of injury, Earl also has a little history with injuring his Hammys so....

His hammy may get tweaked. I just don't think that has anything to do with being in game shape.

Either you tweak them or you don't.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it's a LOT more likely to tweak them when you start doing things that they are not conditioned for. Plus the stretching that many of these guys don't do a lot of or very well is crazy. Maybe they do more of them in the locker room than what we see on the field who knows but these guys sure don't stretch as good as they should. I spent a solid 30 minutes stretching when i played and that was not even close to their level of competition lol

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow's about a good a test for our OL as any... Sweezy replacing Fluker and Ifedi trying to block Von Miller is not going to be fun to watch imo… I have a feeling RW will be running for his life tomorrow, which is why it's very important we establish the run to keep Von Miller guessing all game... We'll probably have a TE, RB, FB on that side all game trying to slow Miller down while helping Ifedi...

Don't forget about Bradley Chubb, Derek Wolfe, Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett. Broncos front looks pretty strong this year. Of course, I'm nervous about how the Broncos O-line will hold up to that aggressive Seahawks defense. Good test for both units.

My greatest fear is Russell Wilson. The no-fly zone is no longer, with Talib being shipped off to L.A. Not sure if Bradley Roby is ready to be the number one. Wilson is the best at making plays out of the pocket and I think he'll be a huge test for the discipline of the Broncos defense.

Sounds like Carson has had a good pre-season but the Broncos are typically good against the run. Earl Thomas is another x-factor for this game. Yes, he missed camp but he's an all-Pro that knows what he's doing. My guess is that he's pretty jacked up and ready to make a statement.

Beautiful morning in Denver right now but yeah....it's gonna get hot. So pumped for this game!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of 4 (Mooch) on NFLN picked the Hawks, surprisingly.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Bradley Chubb, Derek Wolfe, Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett. Broncos front looks pretty strong this year. Of course, I'm nervous about how the Broncos O-line will hold up to that aggressive Seahawks defense. Good test for both units.

My greatest fear is Russell Wilson. The no-fly zone is no longer, with Talib being shipped off to L.A. Not sure if Bradley Roby is ready to be the number one. Wilson is the best at making plays out of the pocket and I think he'll be a huge test for the discipline of the Broncos defense.

Sounds like Carson has had a good pre-season but the Broncos are typically good against the run. Earl Thomas is another x-factor for this game. Yes, he missed camp but he's an all-Pro that knows what he's doing. My guess is that he's pretty jacked up and ready to make a statement.

Beautiful morning in Denver right now but yeah....it's gonna get hot. So pumped for this game!

Chubb still has to prove himself before I worry about him... ;-)… Aaron Curry has me thinking that way...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is news from yesterday, but it sounds like Dion Jordan is a go. I doubt he plays 50 snaps, but 20 good ones would be a plus.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully we don't see him grab his hammy during the game. Earl has been working out but his body is not ready for a game yet if you ask me. Fingers crossed.

He just needs to warm up like crazy, stretch like crazy, so I think he'll be ok... It's a definite boost to our defense having him back there... HUGE boost...