• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Broncos

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No discussion about that ? Season starts soon, mile high in the heat.... Any predictions ?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's Tuesday.

Week 1 is always a craps shoot, then you throw in the game being in Denver (Mile High,) whether or not (NOT) Earl shows up for real games, AFC opponent...

I think most of us have been focused more on this team the last few weeks and haven't really gotten around to matching up with an opponent.

I'll be interested to see how our Oline holds up against Von Miller and his friends, giving Russ enough time to make plays, or if we can establish an NFL caliber run game.

Don't overlook Case Keenum. He has offensive weapons and given time he can use them well. Look at what he did in Minnesota last year. I think a few early blitzes, executed well, could sway this game in our favor. If they aren't or if we simply rush 4 ineffectively, we could be playing from behind early on.

Prediction: Hope I'm wrong, but I'm going with

Denver 24
Seattle 21

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's Tuesday.

Week 1 is always a craps shoot, then you throw in the game being in Denver (Mile High,) whether or not (NOT) Earl shows up for real games, AFC opponent...

I think most of us have been focused more on this team the last few weeks and haven't really gotten around to matching up with an opponent.

I'll be interested to see how our Oline holds up against Von Miller and his friends, giving Russ enough time to make plays, or if we can establish an NFL caliber run game.

Don't overlook Case Keenum. He has offensive weapons and given time he can use them well. Look at what he did in Minnesota last year. I think a few early blitzes, executed well, could sway this game in our favor. If they aren't or if we simply rush 4 ineffectively, we could be playing from behind early on.

Prediction: Hope I'm wrong, but I'm going with

Denver 24
Seattle 21

I hope you’re wrong also... :) I hear ya though...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking it plays to our advantage to face them early in the season with a new QB still trying to work in with his new team. Does Denver still have a top tier D? Last year they were good in yds/game, but in points they ranked only 22nd. And Talib is gone, not sure who else they lost. They did add DE Chubb.

Always hard to win on the road, and of the first 3 games this is probably the most difficult on paper. We'll be w/o KJ, probably no Dion Jordan, and Baldwin hasn't played a snap yet. Head says loss, but heart thinks RW can find a way to pull it out if it's close late.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking it plays to our advantage to face them early in the season with a new QB still trying to work in with his new team. Does Denver still have a top tier D? Last year they were good in yds/game, but in points they ranked only 22nd. And Talib is gone, not sure who else they lost. They did add DE Chubb.

Well, their offense was atrocious last year. They were 31st in turnovers. Their poor defense had to hold out on a lot of short fields. Unless its shown otherwise this season, I'm still assuming they have a top 5 defense.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, their offense was atrocious last year. They were 31st in turnovers. Their poor defense had to hold out on a lot of short fields. Unless its shown otherwise this season, I'm still assuming they have a top 5 defense.
That is around what I was thinking -- offense leaving short fields. Is their offense any better? I know they signed Keenum, but first game with a new team and all.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum has proved to be a solid QB, especially with good WR's, which is exactly what the Bronco's have... I'm a bit concerned with our defense facing these WR's... Our pass rush was non existent in the preseason... If that trend continues against the Bronco's, Keenum will pick on our RCB the entire game... I can see quite a few 3rd down conversions due to this... Also, Freeman is a stud at RB and we're going to have to stop the run if we have a chance...

Like JMR said, I don't think we'll win this by my heart says w/ RW, anything is possible...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum has proved to be a solid QB, especially with good WR's, which is exactly what the Bronco's have... I'm a bit concerned with our defense facing these WR's... Our pass rush was non existent in the preseason... If that trend continues against the Bronco's, Keenum will pick on our RCB the entire game... I can see quite a few 3rd down conversions due to this... Also, Freeman is a stud at RB and we're going to have to stop the run if we have a chance...

Like JMR said, I don't think we'll win this by my heart says w/ RW, anything is possible...
"Non-existent" may be a bit over the top. It was certainly there vs Minn when the 1s played the most. And if there was 1 thing our D did well in pre-season, it was stopping the run. I don't know if any of that means anything going into the regular season, but I don't see Denver as something beyond and average team. Keenum only played in 1 pre-season game. Is that enough to be in synch with the offense on a new team in week 1?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these two former Super Bowl 48 participants are on a similar path. Not necessarily rebuilding but re-tooling for sure. With the Seahawks, you have the steady performance of Russell Wilson. As many have said on this site, he is the X factor and I definitely agree. With the Broncos, their steady hand will be the defense. Even with the loss of Talib, the defense looks pretty stout with Roby on the back end and the addition of Bradley Chubb up front.

Keenum will be a huge factor here. Which Keenum will we see? The journeyman or the Vikings NFCCG QB from last year? I predict that it will take some time for him to gel with this new offense and coaching staff. Case Keenum has not thrown a TD pass in 3 pre-season games but he did look sharper with each contest.

Both the Seahawks and Broncos have suffered through poor O-line play the last couple of years. The Broncos have two new O lineman this year and a rookie in Bolles who will be on year 2. Sounds like the Seahawks have also tried to address their line. Both of these teams need the O-line to see significant improvements to make any noise in this season.

Definitely an edge goes to Denver at Mile High with the crowd behind them. I'm now wondering however, if the recent addition of Earl Thomas back to Seattle's roster doesn't provide a spark of momentum toward the visiting team. I know he's been out of camp but the guy can just flat out play and I think he'll have an impact in this game.

Denver is counting on a lot of rookies to really contribute this year and Seattle seems to have added a sizable amount of new names as well. This game will look starkly different from that Super Bowl 5 years ago (crazy how time flies).

Week one is so damn unpredictable. I'm giving the slight (homer) edge to the Broncos but I believe they'll be taking on a very solid and slightly unpredictable Seahawks team. No matter who plays on the defensive side of the ball, I expect the Seattle defense to bring the pain on every play. That's their style. Hopefully (for me), Keenum can get rid of the ball quickly and avoid the big hits.

I can't wait to get this season started and Sunday can't get here soon enough. It's nice to have a quality opponent in week 1 like the Seattle Seahawks. Here's to a good and injury free contest. Go Broncos!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these two former Super Bowl 48 participants are on a similar path. Not necessarily rebuilding but re-tooling for sure. With the Seahawks, you have the steady performance of Russell Wilson. As many have said on this site, he is the X factor and I definitely agree. With the Broncos, their steady hand will be the defense. Even with the loss of Talib, the defense looks pretty stout with Roby on the back end and the addition of Bradley Chubb up front.

Keenum will be a huge factor here. Which Keenum will we see? The journeyman or the Vikings NFCCG QB from last year? I predict that it will take some time for him to gel with this new offense and coaching staff. Case Keenum has not thrown a TD pass in 3 pre-season games but he did look sharper with each contest.

Both the Seahawks and Broncos have suffered through poor O-line play the last couple of years. The Broncos have two new O lineman this year and a rookie in Bolles who will be on year 2. Sounds like the Seahawks have also tried to address their line. Both of these teams need the O-line to see significant improvements to make any noise in this season.

Definitely an edge goes to Denver at Mile High with the crowd behind them. I'm now wondering however, if the recent addition of Earl Thomas back to Seattle's roster doesn't provide a spark of momentum toward the visiting team. I know he's been out of camp but the guy can just flat out play and I think he'll have an impact in this game.

Denver is counting on a lot of rookies to really contribute this year and Seattle seems to have added a sizable amount of new names as well. This game will look starkly different from that Super Bowl 5 years ago (crazy how time flies).

Week one is so damn unpredictable. I'm giving the slight (homer) edge to the Broncos but I believe they'll be taking on a very solid and slightly unpredictable Seahawks team. No matter who plays on the defensive side of the ball, I expect the Seattle defense to bring the pain on every play. That's their style. Hopefully (for me), Keenum can get rid of the ball quickly and avoid the big hits.

I can't wait to get this season started and Sunday can't get here soon enough. It's nice to have a quality opponent in week 1 like the Seattle Seahawks. Here's to a good and injury free contest. Go Broncos!

This post was sexy.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair. No bones with pretty much any of that. I'm listening to 710 ESPN right now, and they have Stink on. He is comparing the 2 teams as both not getting much respect from the national media and both needing contributions from younger players in order to be better than what they're getting credit for. That sounds reasonable, but I think the biggest difference between the 2 teams is who is playing QB. Keenum had a career year last season, but I still think he's relatively unproven as an NFL starter or at least not proven to be a pro bowl level franchise QB, whereas RW is already there and in my opinion is clearly on a HOF trajectory. I'm hoping that's the difference in the final score on Sunday as well, but right now I'm leaning Denver by 3 points or so.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair. No bones with pretty much any of that. I'm listening to 710 ESPN right now, and they have Stink on. He is comparing the 2 teams as both not getting much respect from the national media and both needing contributions from younger players in order to be better than what they're getting credit for. That sounds reasonable, but I think the biggest difference between the 2 teams is who is playing QB. Keenum had a career year last season, but I still think he's relatively unproven as an NFL starter or at least not proven to be a pro bowl level franchise QB, whereas RW is already there and in my opinion is clearly on a HOF trajectory. I'm hoping that's the difference in the final score on Sunday as well, but right now I'm leaning Denver by 3 points or so.

Yeah, I've heard Schlereth's take on these two teams every day this week, as he's a morning radio host here in Denver. No doubt in my mind that Wilson is on a HOF trajectory. He's one of my favorite quarterbacks that doesn't wear a Broncos jersey. You're right about Keenum. Are we going to see the guy with a 5 year career of mediocrity or the one who burst on the scene last year? Broncos fans are in a wait and see mode, in general. I will say that he's got a lot of weapons around him in DT, Sanders, Jake Butt, a re-tooled O-line and a rookie running back in Freeman that could be the real deal. His biggest problem this Sunday is going to be an aggressive Seahawks defense that historically has been able to plug and play new names and still maintain their personality as a unit. I still give a slight home-field edge to the Broncos but this one could be a pick'em game that's decided by a lucky bounce or two. Can't wait.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams are gonna try like hell to establish a running game. The team that succeeds in doing this against either of these strong defenses will likely win the game, IMO.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Soldier, that was way to civil of a post! This is SportsHoopla!! There's no civility in SportsHoopla!!! :tsk:

That being said, this seems to be a coin flip to me. Anything can happen and I'll tip my hat to the home field. GO HAWKS!!!!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great post... Can't really disagree w/ anything you said there... Well said... I predict a close game w/ a score around 20-17 that could go either way... Like you, I would give the slight edge to the Bronco's with the home game...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KJ Wright and DJ Fluker officially ruled out.

The Shaq Griffin Era begins Sunday. Excited and a little worried to see him in the NFL.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready and revved up for this one.

Sorry for the position on the whole article thing. I guess we are different people

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Wilson fucks some shit up, just to kinda quiet these fucking articles that are coming out

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried about the heat combined with the thin air, players tire easily, Broncos players are climatized, we're not... Playing at mile high is always better later in the season when it cools down ... I have a bad feeling about this game because of those factors, our guy's aren't gonna have much left in the tank as the game goes on, we HAVE to start out good in this one or it could spell trouble... Broncos have one of the best home field advantages because of that altitude, it's a HUGE factor, then add the heat, 86 degrees I"m hearing so far at kick-off ... Of course that could change, give or take...