• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Bills Week 9

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins: Falcons, Cowboys, Patriots, Dolphins, Vikings, 49ers = 15 wins 24 losses... Phins only team over .500...

Losses: Bills, Cardinals = 12 wins 4 losses

I hope this isn't a trend... Where we struggle against potential postseason teams... Good thing is the only teams we play over .500 at this point are the Cards/49ers... We have to get better on defense though to have any chance in the postseason...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear that either Ken Norton or our terrible, collective defensive squad are culprit 1/1A for today's loss, but Russ comes in as a close 2nd. All 4 Turnovers are squarely on his shoulders and 3 of them were very detrimental to our bad defenses already poor efforts and the other made what should have been a deep hole for Buff's offense a standard 20 yardline-start. If we had a "normal, superstar QB performance" today, we may very well have, once-again, overcome a terrible defensive performance.
Problem is... When we do have superstar QB performances, we are still in a one score game to the finish... When guys like Brady, Big Ben, Brees to name a few don't have superstar performances each game, they still win...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 14 points before the game started????????

I admit our defense was crap but still. Russ came out and played like crap.

Wilson was hit 16 times.

You can keep blindly acting like every issue in every game is somehow one of the top 3 QB's in football right now, but sheesh. Learn a little something about offense and defense.

No QB is going to dominate a game getting creamed the whole time. We've seen this before when the O line was garbage under Cable.
Russ had a bad game. That happens. Their D was in the backfield all day and caused several turnovers. Tip your hat and move on.

Meanwhile... this defense is by far the worst in football. It's not just kind of bad or has a few issues. It is DEAD LAST.

If they had just a mediocre defense they would possibly be undefeated right now. Without making a single change to the offense.

100% of their issues are on the defensive unit. And literally everyone knows it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all excited about signing Greg Olsen but he definitely hasn't met expections, imo...

We are at the half way point of the season. One positive is that he hasn't missed any games...

Olsen: 19 catches, 171 yards and 1 TD... (8 games)
Dissly: 12 catches 137 yards and 1 TD... (5 games)
Hollister: 11 catches, 98 yards and 1 TD (4 games)

We are paying Olsen 7 million dollars this year... I like him as a person/player but this is turning out to be a bust so far when you take his salary into consideration...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, that was our whole secondary's plan today. Buffalo WR's were wide open whether Dunbar was covering them or not.
I'm guessing that wasn't the only reason he said that it was the worst DB performance he's seen... Dunbar was abused all day long... They intentionally targeted him all game... Ironically, they didn't throw to Flowers side too much... Dunbar couldn't even tackle worth beans today either... Honestly one of the worst DB performances i've ever seen as well... Hope his excuse is that he was playing through an injury of some sort because he should be benched...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, that was our whole secondary's plan today. Buffalo WR's were wide open whether Dunbar was covering them or not.
Oh I think pretty much all of us are basically on the same page. If not for this defense as a whole, they would be a force in the NFC.

It isn't JUST Norton, nor any one player in the secondary, nor lack of any one position up front to pass rush. It's a mix of all of the above.

You can't have just one thing going wrong when you are on pace to obliterate the record for the worst defense in league history.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that wasn't the only reason he said that it was the worst DB performance he's seen... Dunbar was abused all day long... They intentionally targeted him all game... Ironically, they didn't throw to Flowers side too much... Dunbar couldn't even tackle worth beans today either... Honestly one of the worst DB performances i've ever seen as well... Hope his excuse is that he was playing through an injury of some sort because he should be benched....
Yup, I agree with all of that

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunbar was objectively the worst secondary player that the NFL has seen in 2020, today.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy to think that if the Rams beat the Hawks next week, the Hawks could fall into 3rd place in the NFC West...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilson was hit 16 times.

You can keep blindly acting like every issue in every game is somehow one of the top 3 QB's in football right now, but sheesh. Learn a little something about offense and defense.

No QB is going to dominate a game getting creamed the whole time. We've seen this before when the O line was garbage under Cable.
Russ had a bad game. That happens. Their D was in the backfield all day and caused several turnovers. Tip your hat and move on.

Meanwhile... this defense is by far the worst in football. It's not just kind of bad or has a few issues. It is DEAD LAST.

If they had just a mediocre defense they would possibly be undefeated right now. Without making a single change to the offense.

100% of their issues are on the defensive unit. And literally everyone knows it.

Again....

Did i Acknowledge that our Defense play like Swiss cheese today?

I just think that Russ, although playing SOME games lights out ( Atlanta, Some of zona, San Francisco, Dallas), has had some off games and some very off plays....

Granted today, he wasn't the only one

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was in this peerless state of Thought. This question crossed my mind

Is their any Seahawks looking for a payday next season?

If not we got some $$ to spend on defense

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Judge Fudge . Tell me, when you see Dunbar what do you see? :noidea:

He's in a different zip code. Where are the safeties? Another dimension? If they are pressed up on the line I have zero clue why the DB is playing 15 yards off.

That's partially on the player but a lot is COACHING.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the first 2.5 quarters and the middle few minutes of the 4th quarter were extremely frustrating to watch. It seemed like there were precious few things to cheer about until it seemed like the game was out of reach. Some of my thoughts:
  • The first half pass defense was maybe the worst performance of any unit in a half of football in the PC era. Infuriating. We made an inaccurate struggling passer look like Steve McNair in his prime.
  • We cannot let Russell Wilson take that many shots. The free runners and lack of blitz pickup and guys just getting beaten 1 on 1 was possibly the difference in the game when we were trying to come back.
  • Dunbar ain't right. He's probably gutting it out a bit on that knee so I'll give him respect for that, but he's a liability in his current condition.
  • We didn't bring the defensive aggressiveness from last game into this one. At least not at first, and by the time we did we dug ourselves such a huge hole that it really didn't matter. Tons of sacks in the 2nd half was nice, but we were not controlling the game.
  • I am way more concerned about the 2 fumbles lost than the 2 INTs. The first INT was on 4th down with everything covered, so that one was a turnover either way. Then on the 2nd one, it was 3rd & 25 with us down 2 scores in the 4th qtr. When you put your offense in that kind of position, bad things are bound to happen. But the fumbles...we gotta figure out a way to reduce the number of guys getting clear paths to take shots at Russell. He's tough and all, but we are tempting fate.
  • We need Chris Carson back ASAP. Russell can carry the team and come through more often than not, but he needs some help. Admirable efforts the last 2 games by DeeJay Dallas, but we need to have someone back there who can push a pile and get tough yards when it's 3rd & 2 or 2nd & 7.
  • I liked what I saw from Dunlap. He was in on lots of plays and winning often. He should help a lot these next 8 games.
  • I probably should have led with this, but the ticky-tac illegal contact on Jamal Adams when we had sacked Allen back at the 45 on a 3rd down play was crushing. It looked to me like he and Beasley just kinda bumped into each other incidentally, and it had no impact on the play. Really weak call in my view. We were down by 7 at that point with around 11 min left in the game. Critical play in the game that didn't go our way, and it may have been a lot different had we got the ball back there instead of giving them a 1st down and then another score.
  • Finally, we have now lost a game in the PC era when an opposing QB throws for over 400. And coincidentally, this is just 2 games after we saw our 58 or 59 unbeaten streak come to an end when we lead by 4+ at half time.
So......6-2 is still setting us up ok for the back half. I didn't think we would go 15-1 or anything, and dropping a non-div, non-conf game is not the worst thing that can happen.