• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Bills Week 9

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big test for the Seahawks AND the Bills... Hawks have been playing well on the road at the 10am games... Hope that trend continues... Looks like we'll have Dunlap and Adams back for sure... Carson and Griffin are still doubtful by the sounds of it...

Hopefully our new look defense can help contain Josh Allen's rushing abilities... His passing numbers have trended South from where he began at the beginning of the season... 0 TD passes/1 INT in his last 2 games via the pass... He'll have to sling the rock to beat the Hawks... If the Hawks put up 30pts, they should win this game...
1604683948194.png

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW... Just heard on ESPN that since RW was drafted, the Seahawks are 21-6 on the road in 10am games... 5-0 last year... I like our chances...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW... Just heard on ESPN that since RW was drafted, the Seahawks are 21-6 on the road in 10am games... 5-0 last year... I like our chances...
Yeah, we have always been pretty good in the eastern time zone. It's funny how some talking heads are saying we aren't. Of course, it's helped that a lot of those teams have been historically bad in the eastern conferences too, lol.
As for the Bills, pretty good team with a good coach, imo. Hope for a bit of a slow start for them coming off getting the Pats monkey off their back. Their pass D has been subpar and I hope Russ and co. can get some early scores and continue to push the ball at them all game long. Make Allen have to throw a bunch and get after him but keep him in the pocket too. Don't need sacks so much as just collapsing his pocket to have to make quick decisions and having to make hard throws.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big test for the Seahawks AND the Bills... Hawks have been playing well on the road at the 10am games... Hope that trend continues... Looks like we'll have Dunlap and Adams back for sure... Carson and Griffin are still doubtful by the sounds of it...

Hopefully our new look defense can help contain Josh Allen's rushing abilities... His passing numbers have trended South from where he began at the beginning of the season... 0 TD passes/1 INT in his last 2 games via the pass... He'll have to sling the rock to beat the Hawks... If the Hawks put up 30pts, they should win this game...
View attachment 257733

It is YUGE that we have Jamal Adams back for this game. He should help a LOT with spying Allen. I feel like Brooks will help. His speed should provide value in tracking Allen down as well.

Excited to see a closer to healthy defense on Sunday.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is YUGE that we have Jamal Adams back for this game. He should help a LOT with spying Allen. I feel like Brooks will help. His speed should provide value in tracking Allen down as well.

I would love to see continued blitzing/aggressiveness with both Jamal Adams and Bobby. Taking the risks could bite us here and there, but we have a QB who can easily make up for it. The idea of consecutive games with 3+ sacks seems foreign these last couple years, but it could happen.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see continued blitzing/aggressiveness with both Jamal Adams and Bobby. Taking the risks could bite us here and there, but we have a QB who can easily make up for it. The idea of consecutive games with 3+ sacks seems foreign these last couple years, but it could happen.

The real challenge, IMO, is that this team is not accustomed to doing a lot of blitzing and when you do blitz a lot you need to have a lot of looks and planned blitzers or teams can really exploit the blitzer's hole.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, bummer that CC is out, but DeeJay Dallas held up ok last week and it also looks like the weather forecast for Sunday lines up with an air attack. Let Russ Cook!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love how Brooks has played the past few games... He's made some big plays... I can't wait to watch his development as the season unfolds...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Brooks has played the past few games... He's made some big plays... I can't wait to watch his development as the season unfolds...

A lot of folks on Seahawks Twitter were bemoaning the fact that we took Brooks instead of Queen while Brooks was on the DL. I honestly believe they will eat their words by the end of the year, provided he stays healthy. Which is not to say that Queen isn't a good player. He is. But I like what I've seen from Brooks in fairly limited play so far.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of folks on Seahawks Twitter were bemoaning the fact that we took Brooks instead of Queen while Brooks was on the DL. I honestly believe they will eat their words by the end of the year, provided he stays healthy. Which is not to say that Queen isn't a good player. He is. But I like what I've seen from Brooks in fairly limited play so far.
I agree, from the small sample size, I think Brooks may be better in the long run. He is in a good spot to learn from K.J. and Wags. And from the little I've seen, Brooks may not be as flashy as Queen but appears more disciplined. I think he's a good fit on the team.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just flat out moronic to make judgments on players 5 games into their rookie season.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Seahawks will have a unique uniform combination. The Seahawks will wear their white jerseys with grey pants, a rare combination for a team that loves to go with their signature all-blue look.

Seattle will be without several key players including Shaquill Griffin, Chris Carson and Carlos Hyde. The good news is star safety Jamal Adams will play his first game since Week 3. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll indicated that Adams will not face any limitations against the Bills. It will be interesting to see how the team utilizes Ryan Neal who has been solid in Adams’ absence.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks have also activated Rasheem Green off of IR. Adds some depth and he did have 4 sacks and 3 FF in limited action last year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Collins playing?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Collins playing?

Collins was activated but i think he will be the 3rd option even though i believe he is a better option for 1st and 2nd down carries. He needs more time to learn because when shotty came in the offense changed and Collins only knows Bevell offense.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with Carson out, I'm hoping to see a hot start with the underneath/slant routes. Get those WRs crossing and TE dumpoffs and move the chains til a couple deep shots open up.

I think the key to the Defense this game will be how they contain Allen's running ability. Will Adams blitz more than he spies? Maybe show Adams at the line a lot and pull him back letting Bobby blitz like last game?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks opponents number of punts in the 4q this season......