• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Vikings

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played the #1 D in the NFL last year and looked good. That's not average. Will they keep it up? Dunno, and I get people not wanting to jinx things, but 'average?'

Overall this preseason = average.

They did pretty good against the Viks.

I would say better than average over the preseason except for Ifeda doing his impression of a stop motion movie drags them down.

So I stand by average, which is far and away so much better than "one of, if not the worst in the league" that we have seen recently.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel confident in saying that if this OL is not a huge improvement over last year, then I'll eat my hat. If we can play at least 12 games of the season with 2 of Carson, Penny, and Prosise healthy, then we will be able to control the game on the ground better than we have since 2015 when Rawls looked like a game breaking bell cow.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't understand peoples reaction to "average" it's like you are saying they suck. Average is AVERAGE the NORM, Middle of the pack. When you have a 32 team league Average is 14th-18th. I for one would be jumping for Joy if we have a Oline ranked 14th-16th!

Boy what a difference getting rid of Cable made and going to a more Man blocking scheme, They should have done this YEARS ago and we might be looking at 2 or more Superbowl Wins instead of just 1.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only pete kept solari the first time around...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was shocked they kept Cable for so long. i mean fail after fail after fail AFTER FAIL!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall this preseason = average.

They did pretty good against the Viks.

I would say better than average over the preseason except for Ifeda doing his impression of a stop motion movie drags them down.

So I stand by average, which is far and away so much better than "one of, if not the worst in the league" that we have seen recently.

I'm only judging it on this latest game. We wanted them to make progress and they DID make progress. Will that hold up? Dunno, I can't be certain, but the Vikes is about a good a litmus test as you're going to get in the pre-season. They had all starters in there that first half.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think the "average" OL is going to hold up against Minn's D like ours did on Friday night. It was better than an "average" performance is what some people are saying.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this team better than last year's team.
We lost some D players and a couple off the offense as well, but I like the fight in this team.
Most important improvement is in the OL and run game. We may have to play in a few shoot outs but I look forward to a competitive team that gives us a chance every game.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this team better than last year's team.
We lost some D players and a couple off the offense as well, but I like the fight in this team.
Most important improvement is in the OL and run game. We may have to play in a few shoot outs but I look forward to a competitive team that gives us a chance every game.

Just think, last year with an arguably worst in the NFL O line, Wilson threw for 4000.

How many can he throw for once teams can't just tee off on the QB? When they have to respect the run with Carson getting 4 or 5 yards a pop?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think, last year with an arguably worst in the NFL O line, Wilson threw for 4000.

How many can he throw for once teams can't just tee off on the QB? When they have to respect the run with Carson getting 4 or 5 yards a pop?
I'm with ya, chf. This is setting up to be an exciting season. By that, I don't mean I see an 11 or 12 win team. I want to be competitive, keeping the final score within sight of taking the lead. RW is capable of many things on a final drive.
Not only that, but this year's team will clue Pete and JS in to what holes we will need to plug next year. We will have some ammo to accomplish the task.
Go Seahawks.

Reactions: JMR

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Russell having a season similar to what Brees had last year. Maybe the yards won't really go up and maybe the TDs even go down from 34 because of a much better 1-2 RB combo behind him, but I think he can end up being more efficient.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Russell having a season similar to what Brees had last year. Maybe the yards won't really go up and maybe the TDs even go down from 34 because of a much better 1-2 RB combo behind him, but I think he can end up being more efficient.

See the thing most fans of other teams don't remember is how good a deep ball Russ throws. I can see the rushing TD's going up, but it wouldn't surprise me if Wilson throws a half dozen 30+ yard TD's. Which is something Pete loves to do, run the ball and set up play action deep.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the thing most fans of other teams don't remember is how good a deep ball Russ throws. I can see the rushing TD's going up, but it wouldn't surprise me if Wilson throws a half dozen 30+ yard TD's. Which is something Pete loves to do, run the ball and set up play action deep.
Great point. Russell can push it down the field with the best of 'em. I also think Marshall and maybe Jaron Brown as well represent the best possession type big frame WR RW has ever had.