• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Vikings

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bye bye Darboh hello David Moore

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore juked 3 Vikings out on that would be TD.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McEvoy tried to turn a slightly tough catch into a highlight reel catch. Had he went up with 2 hands which he COULD have done he would have came down with it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
62 yards 4.85 hang time but a big return :(

Seeing Dickson standing at the 11 and making them field it at their 15 is just crazy. to bad they had a 34? yard return on it. Needed more hang time for a kick that long. Not many can run 62 yards in 4.8 seconds when you got players blocking you.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloter with a nice TD pass :(

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
47 seconds left for a chance to win, 3rd down fails on defense ( and the 4th down play ) is the story tonight.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well looks like the first losing preseason for the Hawks in the Pete Carroll era.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 yards short of the Hawks first win of the preseason. But lets be real here that BS flag on the Moore Punt return TD cost the Hawks. They Showed the replay a handful of times and there was no foul.

Was a fun game but the inability of the defense all night to get the Vikings off the field on 3rd downs is the story here. 7 of 10 in the first half 5-11 in the 2nd but they got the big 4th down TD so really 6-11 in conversions. What makes this worse is the fact that most of them were 8+ yard conversions.

Seahawks the only team in the NFC West with out a preseason Victory yet.

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll go down as a preseason loss, but I saw a lot to like from the Hawks tonight. David Moore showed up, as did Brandon Marshall. Really loved the play by Poona Ford. He really stood out to me tonight.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the #1 Offense get one series next week to be honest. I know it wont happen but they didn't end on a high note. Still they have looked very capable at times and this is really with out Baldwin or Lockett. Also i am sure everyone here would have liked to see a lot more of Penny but those are the breaks, pun intended. RB bad mojo still seems to hang it's head over the Hawks. Lets kick it out of here for the rest of this season!

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i hear one more comment about how great our punter is.....:mad2:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall happy with the performance, just really bummed they didn't come out with the W. Moore and Reynolds impressed me at WR. Darboh needs to be cut if he's not playing. O-line looked better tonight. Keep Mr. Magoo over Davis. Ford and Walden had some big games with the 2nd team D. First team was mostly solid.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More or less pleased with the way the team looked in this game. The opponent is thought by many to be one of the best in the NFC, with a D that should be toward the top of the league. I thought the first team O did just fine, and the D gave up a couple drives but was hitting hard and played stout vs the run.

David Moore seems like a lock to make the team with big plays in every game so far -- should have had 2 TDs last night if not for what appeared to be another very questionable call to take 1 off the board. Wondering who is going to be pushed out....Brandon Marshall seems like a safe bet to make it as well, so Baldwin + Lockett leaves 1 or maybe 2 more spots for Darboh, McEvoy, Grayson, Stringfellow, Marcus Johnson, and some longshots. I don't think Keenan Reynolds is making it.

Running game has been promising overall. OL had a stiff test last night and I thought they came out looking ok. Both of those parts of the team appear right now to be a nice jump up from the disasters they were last year. Still not sure what happens at RT; Ifedi had a better game this week, so maybe the ramped up competition has lit a fire.

It's not the reason I couldn't sleep, but I have no idea what happens at QB2. Davis is probably the safer choice, but McGough is a better athlete with possibly more potential. McGough and his receivers were way out of synch a couple times, but then on some other occasions they connected pretty well. He made some nice plays with his running as well.

I am content with the decisions on the kicking game. Seabass's kickoffs are always at least to the goal line, and he got that 55 yarder through just fine. No worries there. Dickson is going to help the defense quite a bit this season with his distance, hang time, and ability to put it inside the 10. I heard the broadcast team say he was the pre-season leader in punting average and net avg.

Mingo had a fantastic game as well. If there was 1 area of the team that looks iffy, it's the pass defense; however, there was some rush on the QB last night, and receivers were getting pretty much 0 YAC for the most part. It sure would be nice to have ET out there, but I don't think it's going to be abysmal or anything.

Overall, I'm encouraged and hopeful this team will be much better than what most outsiders think. Improved OL & running game, and we have some athletic youngsters on D who can run and hit. Let's finish out the fake games with no new injuries and get on to Denver!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you can stash McGough on the practice squad?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you can stash McGough on the practice squad?
Yeah, hopefully (I guess). Maybe the influx of good young QBs the last couple years will help us hold him? An injury or 2 around the league can shift the landscape quickly.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really encouraged by what I saw this game. Seems like the Seahawks are getting back to being a physical hard hitting team again. Something that was fading with the older group the last couple of years. The run game looked good against a top defensive. So many bright spots, among the young players, they’ve been mentioned by others here so not going to list them.
This game was like night and day compared to last weeks game. My optimism is rising and I’m getting excited about the upcoming season. Can’t wait for regular season to get here.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really encouraged by what I saw this game. Seems like the Seahawks are getting back to being a physical hard hitting team again. Something that was fading with the older group the last couple of years. The run game looked good against a top defensive. So many bright spots, among the young players, they’ve been mentioned by others here so not going to list them.
This game was like night and day compared to last weeks game. My optimism is rising and I’m getting excited about the upcoming season. Can’t wait for regular season to get here.

The OL looked average, which is a HUGE improvement!
It is amazing how a couple of seconds of clean pocket actually seems like an eternity compared to the past couple of seasons.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think this group is going to be a lot more competitive than what most outsiders are giving it credit for up to this point. There's always twists and turns in every season and undoubtedly some unexpected adversity, but I'm optimistic. I definitely cannot see a 6-10 type year based on what they've showed in these 3 pre-season games.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla reports of Germain Ifedi's demise may have been overstated.

Now Darboh is on everyone's hit list. Heh.

--

Anyway. Despite the loss, I'm VERY encouraged by this game. LOS baby. O line played against one of the top units in football and looked not just adequate, but they got PUSH.

D line cleaned up a LOT of shit that looked bad last week.

I'm very encouraged.

Plus no injuries I don't think (besides that stinger)

Bring on the regular season.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL looked average,

They played the #1 D in the NFL last year and looked good. That's not average. Will they keep it up? Dunno, and I get people not wanting to jinx things, but 'average?'