• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks v Broncos, 7pm PST

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to See Lynch Play After Wilson next week and play through the 3rd quarter. Give Geno the 4th if you want unless Lynch is just balling like he is right now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furgeson having a good game and Metcalf also looked solid. A ticky tack block in the back and Wilson would easily complete the TD pass + long bomb likely... Metcalf prob. would've gone close to 100 yards with a TD in a half with Wilson. And that's against a good Denver secondary without Lockett.

Regardless, it's nice to see Seattle getting some bigger wide receivers. Furgeson 6'5" and Metcalf 6'4"... Furg ran a 4.45 as well, so he certainly has some field stretching.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That looked like a patella injury oof. Whats with the patella injuries lately? Seems Tight ends are popping those things more than normal.

edit* Ok maybe not.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sloppy game yes but for a first time out and Letting just the young guys go for the most part i liked what i saw. Lots to "coach up" in practice thats for sure. Take another step next week and then 2 then 3 and lets hit the regular season healthy.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton just took the backup job IMO

I thought Xavier looked not bad. Practice squad calling him though.

Imo We should run a 3 Wr set. Ferguson on far left, Lockett in the left slot and Metcalf far right because there( Ferguson and Metcalf) Size and athleticism will make it hard to cover.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that needs to be put out there about Paxton is that normally players get really fired up playing their former team so I am sure he was extra motivated to play todays game

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that needs to be put out there about Paxton is that normally players get really fired up playing their former team so I am sure he was extra motivated to play todays game

Paxton Lynch was not ready to be a NFL QB when he was drafted, he still isn't but heck he only has 5 games, not counting preseason games, under his belt. He looked good but he doesn't have the accuracy that Wilson does but not many QB's do. If we have to rely on Lynch or Smith we are screwed but i Think Lynch has the bigger upside than Geno. I don't see Geno getting better but i can see Paxton improving.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did the starters mostly not play last night?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did the starters mostly not play last night?

No Wagner, Wilson, Lockett, Carson, Wright, Brown... might be missing a couple but the key players did not play at all. Because Denver put ALL their D starters in (even Von Miller) naturally our offense couldn't do anything until they removed em'...

Metcalf should've had a TD for sure on a bomb (and likely got another 30 yarder) but Geno Smith sucks.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Fant got injured but maybe I'm wrong. Fort tore his ACL though (undrafted Broncos TE).

Ive only watch the first half had to go to work and get up early but during the interview about wells in africa he went down. I just dont know how bad it is.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Lynch will get quite a few more reps then next week...

giphy.gif

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have the game for some reason where I was in western Montana Thurs night (even though Seattle and Denver are the 2 closest teams by geography), so watching it back now on DVR. Some things that stood out to me:

* DL. They seemed to be disruptive on most plays in the first half. I guess Mingo is a DE now? Probably makes sense with LB being an embarrassment of riches right now.
* Barton. Really tough at the point of attack and definitely looks the part...even though LB is stacked, I have to think he's going to be on the field a lot this year apart from just ST.
* Penny. Showed burst, toughness, and good hands. Should be a great 1-2 backfield punch with Carson.
* WRs. Going to be some really tough roster decisions here. Lockett and Metcalf are mortal locks. I think Jaron Brown and David Moore are going to be on the team as well, and then it gets sticky. They may have to keep 6 just due to the talent level at the position. Obviously Ferguson's numbers jump off the stat sheet, but Kasen Williams did the same thing a couple years ago and didn't make it. No matter how it works out, someone good is going to be free to find work elsewhere. My early prediction on 6 would be: Lockett, Brown, Metcalf, Moore, Jennings, and Ferguson; one or both of Ursua & Reynolds on the PS.
* ST coverage. They were nails, especially with kicks by Dickson hanging for 4.5+ seconds.
* QB. It was weird watching a Hawks game with RW not playing even 1 snap. I think you have to say right now that Lynch has won round 1 of the backup battle with Geno Smith. But it's only pre-season game 1, and this 1 game is not the only thing the coaches see or consider for roster spots. I suspect they'll flip next game on who gets the earlier action (after RW plays a series or 2), and it's Lynch's job to lose if he builds on what he did this week.
* Notably absent: RW, Carson, Lockett, Duane Brown, Mike Iupati, Fluker, Dissly, Wagner, Wright, Ansah, Reed, McDougald. That's a ton of talent. It's certainly going to hurt to miss Reed for 6 games, but this roster is better than it was a year ago by a clear margin, IMO. There's going to be some extremely tough roster decisions at RB, WR, TE, LB, OL and DB. There will be several teams bringing in guys that couldn't make the cut here.

Good to have football back. Go Hawks!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Marquise Blair crushed that dude down the seam with 4:23 left in the game. The receiver was defenseless, but you can hit a defenseless player as long as you don't contact the head/neck area, at least if you go by the rules. But often times, those "looks bad" hits get flagged even if they were clean by rule.