• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks trade rumors regarding DeShaun Watson

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true, makes sense... I didn't figure the Hawks would be content going into the season with Lock and G. Smith as their QB's... Not at Pete's age...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he comes cheap its not a good move, which sounds very unlikely considering they wanted three 1s and two 2s from the dolphins

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Click bait is all that is.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Click bait is all that is.
Could be. But I find a hard to believe the Seahawks aren’t gonna try for a quarterback this off-season maybe not Watson but someone else

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. But I find a hard to believe the Seahawks aren’t gonna try for a quarterback this off-season maybe not Watson but someone else
if these rumors are true and not bullshit, it sounds like they will get a QB now rather than wait a year which means potentially throwing away the #9 on a less than stellar QB prospect.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they roll with lesser QBs this season. Maybe Mariotta or Huntley or Tyrod Taylor then draft one with their first pick next season. They can use this draft to put young cheap and hopefully good players, then use the rest of the 2023 picks to build and that 143 million in cap space to sign some difference makers and viola Seahawks are back!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for Matt Ryan would be a serious head scratcher for me. If we were just an older, slightly above avg QB away from a title run then ok....but that's clearly not what we are doing here. If we think Drew Lock has any shot at all of being a successful NFL QB, he needs to get a chance to go out there and prove it one way or the other. Sitting once again and getting "tutored" by a vet is not going to get him there. You only learn so much when not playing. He needs to play and show what he can do in fresh surroundings.

Matt Ryan has played 14 seasons and only twice logged a 100+ passer rating. Russell did it 7 of 10 seasons, including all of the last 4 years with 103+. Ryan has been league average at best the last few years, and now he's closer to 40 than 30. No thanks on Matty Ice for me.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for Matt Ryan would be a serious head scratcher for me. If we were just an older, slightly above avg QB away from a title run then ok....but that's clearly not what we are doing here. If we think Drew Lock has any shot at all of being a successful NFL QB, he needs to get a chance to go out there and prove it one way or the other. Sitting once again and getting "tutored" by a vet is not going to get him there. You only learn so much when not playing. He needs to play and show what he can do in fresh surroundings.

Matt Ryan has played 14 seasons and only twice logged a 100+ passer rating. Russell did it 7 of 10 seasons, including all of the last 4 years with 103+. Ryan has been league average at best the last few years, and now he's closer to 40 than 30. No thanks on Matty Ice for me.

Sounds like the Colts are going to run the Phil Rivers strategy again and trade for a cooked Matt Ryan.

If the Hawks trade for Ryan then they clearly had no plan and are just scrambling to find someone to play QB this season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Colts are going to run the Phil Rivers strategy again and trade for a cooked Matt Ryan.

If the Hawks trade for Ryan then they clearly had no plan and are just scrambling to find someone to play QB this season.

I don't see Seattle trading for a QB. Everything so far has been purely rumors, Seattle never even had interest in Watson.

Again, I know a lot of you don't like to hear it, but I think they're drafting one in the first 2 rounds.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Seattle trading for a QB. Everything so far has been purely rumors, Seattle never even had interest in Watson.

Again, I know a lot of you don't like to hear it, but I think they're drafting one in the first 2 rounds.

Well I have no idea what they are planning to do. I wouldn't be upset if they drafted a QB in the 1st 2 rounds per se. At least it would suggest that they have a plan. But I honestly don't think they have a plan. They are winging and hoping they will pull a rabbit out of the hat again.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watson being traded to the Browns doesn't mean only the Browns were interested. I suppose it's entirely possible that the Seahawks were not as interested as what some of the talk indicated, but Watson not coming here isn't plain evidence of that. Maybe we were very interested but just not willing to pay the king's ransom that Cleveland ended up sending over, which is a deal that I think is just totally insane. PC is going to be on with Salk here in about an hour, so maybe we get a little more insight then....probably not tons, but maybe a little.

But yeah, it sure doesn't look like we are trading for another QB from here this off-season. The mostly course seems to be seeing if Lock can beat out Geno Smith or a similar journeyman backup type, then give him a season to show what he can do here. If he sucks, then the team probably sucks and is potentially in position to get a top QB out of the '23 draft. If he's good, well then maybe you have something long term. If he's somewhere in the middle, we'll probably be in this same position again in a year.