• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Trade Darrell Tarrell to bears for 6th rounder

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the low down on this guy? Is he any good? Can he stop the run?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a decent past rusher. Terrible against the run. Gets out of position upfield too often.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrating player. He can be an effective pass rusher but he disappears a lot and gets out of position.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know. It seems like we replaced Ngakoue with a mid pure pass rusher. Thanks for the info!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New coach Macdonald reportedly values players with great versatility, which would explain why Taylor wouldn't be a fit in Seattle any longer. As others have stated, he's more or less a pass rusher and only a pass rusher. And he's done that effectively for stretches but not consistently.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the low down on this guy? Is he any good? Can he stop the run?

Excellent blocker on turnovers, affects the play even when he isn't "supposed" to be on the field :dhd:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent blocker on turnovers, affects the play even when he isn't "supposed" to be on the field :dhd:
We’ve had a rookie that’s been balling out at DE that we drafted in the 5th round this year. I’m guessing they brought this guy in to compete with our rookie, Austin Booker and maybe push him to a new level.

Did you guys play him as a starter? Situational pass rusher?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve had a rookie that’s been balling out at DE that we drafted in the 5th round this year. I’m guessing they brought this guy in to compete with our rookie, Austin Booker and maybe push him to a new level.

Mostly situational pass rusher. He's really only good in clear pass rushing downs.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He showed flashes, and even put games together early on to be a full time DE, but he's really struggled with the 3-4 OLB spot and as has been mentioned, he got exposed against the run the last couple seasons. Maybe moving back to 4-3 DE will be a positive change for him.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listen, He will give up outside containment for glory. It was very common to see him run right past a RB with the ball in his hands as he heads for the QB. He is not disciplined enough to play DE like you are supposed to play it. He constantly is out of position for zero reason other than laser focused on the QB and doesn't care how he gets there. He will run a inside stunt when a inside stunt was NOT called. lol.

Thats the bad.

The good news is IF he can learn some discipline he could be a pretty good player but there is ZERO sign of him learning ANYTHING! Pete is a good Defensive coach and he couldn't get through to the guy and Macdonald must not have been able to also as he was doing the SAME BS in preseason this year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As others have said, that guy is all about sacks.. he makes a beeline for the QB and never thinks twice. He's constantly out of position and is a HUGE liability in the run. He is fast/quick but has a limited pass rush skillset and generally disappears in games vs. competent offensive lines (just gets tied up/pancaked). He will NEVER be a good 3-4 OLB because playing the run and covering is equally important as rushing the passer and he sucks at both and is DECENT at the 3rd.

If he stopped caring just about sacks he could be pretty decent. He certainly has the athletic talent to become a better 4-3 DE... but Carroll and our crappy defensive coordinators the last few years could never get through to him. Maybe a change of scenery will help.

As for Seattle letting him go, Derick Hall (nearly a 1st round pick - although Taylor was a mid 2nd) looked the part all offseason and pre-season... so with him Mafe/Nwosu and now Dre'Mont Jones being moved to EDGE, Seattle basically ran out of space for him. And IMO he's in no way worth $3M in cap - which Seattle needs a bit of (we're in the bottom half).

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is also great at making Pad Thai

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 sacks and 1 forced fumble in game 1.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 sacks and 1 forced fumble in game 1.

yeah he does get to the QB, There is no denying that. He just has issues in everything else.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah he does get to the QB, There is no denying that. He just has issues in everything else.
At the end of the day, that is really all the bears need behind Demarcus Walker, who is just a Jack of all trades, master of none, DE.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, that is really all the bears need behind Demarcus Walker, who is just a Jack of all trades, master of none, DE.

Trust me He had games here in Seattle where we were like this guy is a stud! then .. just wait you will see it and think WTF!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, tracking, but getting a sack is about the best thing you can do on D in a single play short of a turnover. They usually kill drives. If Chicago doesn't rely on him to do anything other than be a situational pass rusher, then I think the "everything else" he has issues with is largely mitigated. We'll see how it goes there from here -- could be just a one game thing..... but if he ends up with 10+ sacks, I'm thinking we could have done a better job of figuring out how to have him help us here.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, tracking, but getting a sack is about the best thing you can do on D in a single play short of a turnover. They usually kill drives. If Chicago doesn't rely on him to do anything other than be a situational pass rusher, then I think the "everything else" he has issues with is largely mitigated. We'll see how it goes there from here -- could be just a one game thing..... but if he ends up with 10+ sacks, I'm thinking we could have done a better job of figuring out how to have him help us here.

I didn't want to see Taylor traded but I also acknowledge that Taylor's sack numbers are a bit misleading because they are almost always in a very clear passing situations(2nd or 3rd and long).

While those sacks are certainly very good, they aren't nearly as impactful as early down or shortish yardage situation sacks, which completely disrupt the offense.

I think he was moved because they saw that Hall was stepping up and we had Nwosu as well. Probably wouldn't have traded if they knew that Nwosu was going to get hurt.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely was flying around and had a solid game so give him and the Bears some credit for that. But this was the Titans as well. The left side of the line gave up a total of 10 pressures in that game. 5 each from the tackle and guard. And then you have Will Levis back there who doesn't process all that well. A lot of edge guys would have big games vs these guys. I wouldn't count on Taylor having this type of game vs. some of the better O-lines, especially the other 3 in their division.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to see Taylor traded but I also acknowledge that Taylor's sack numbers are a bit misleading because they are almost always in a very clear passing situations(2nd or 3rd and long).

While those sacks are certainly very good, they aren't nearly as impactful as early down or shortish yardage situation sacks, which completely disrupt the offense.

I think he was moved because they saw that Hall was stepping up and we had Nwosu as well. Probably wouldn't have traded if they knew that Nwosu was going to get hurt.
I'm not trying to make this a bigger story than it needs to be -- just think it will be at least somewhat interesting to see how Taylor does somewhere else after sort of floundering here a few years. I agree he probably wouldn't have been traded if Nwosu had been injured earlier, but we all know it just doesn't work that way. Maybe Macdonald was confident enough in Hall's development that having him and Taylor on the team was a bit redundant (or maybe Hall's emergence makes Taylor obsolete)? Mac seems to be high on Hall.