• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how that could be either passive or aggressive. Simply an anecdotal conclusion.

tenor.gif

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Moore has been a fine #3, but make no mistake, Josh Gordon as your #3 is a much bigger impact.

Single high safety with DK and Gordon going deep, Lockett underneath. That safety doesn't get to cheat to one side when that ball is snapped. That leaves 1 target with a size, speed, and playmaking advantage 1 on 1 downfield every time. Put 2 safeties out there to defend it? Have fun Carson!

Always add talent going into the playoffs.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it against the rams where Russ was in the redzone and had a scramble where he had 10 yards to run for an easy first down and instead threw over his shoulder to the other corner of the endzone for an easy pick? Maybe that was against the Bills? Regardless, after that pretty stupid decision, I am perfectly fine with having more of a balanced offense.
Anecdotal, yes. That was a bad decision but likely made because we didn't have a running game, proving your point. However, I want the ball in Russel's hands there 95% of the time, and he probably doesn't try to force a play if we had Carson in that game. So I agree having balance is what we need, but I still want Russ going for those explosive plays. He probably tucks it and gets the first down if we had an effective run game supporting his efforts.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anecdotal, yes. That was a bad decision but likely made because we didn't have a running game, proving your point. However, I want the ball in Russel's hands there 95% of the time, and he probably doesn't try to force a play if we had Carson in that game. So I agree having balance is what we need, but I still want Russ going for those explosive plays. He probably tucks it and gets the first down if we had an effective run game supporting his efforts.
100% agree

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah i don't like bringing crooked politics into football but we can tell you do. it pained me even to post that pic now with the video evidence of massive cheating.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, ensure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
cool beans, you should put that in the PF

I myself would ask for the removal of my Post and picture after the removal or replacement of Wolverines Avatar that is made just to discriminate and inflame others. Deal with it Wolverine.

Last edited:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah i don't like bringing crooked politics into football but we can tell you do. it pained me even to post that pic now with the video evidence of massive cheating.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, ensure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I myself would ask for the removal of my Post and picture after the removal or replacement of Wolverines Avatar that is made just to discriminate and inflame others. Deal with it Wolverine.
You don't like bringing politics into the Seahawks forum and then promptly talk about politics. No one else here is doing that. Take your hooliganism to the PF where it belongs. This is no place for a triggered loser.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't like bringing politics into the Seahawks forum and then promptly talk about politics. No one else here is doing that. Take your hooliganism to the PF where it belongs. This is no place for a triggered loser.
you are doing it with your Avatar every time you post, but i guess you don't see that. Yep typical mindless lemming. lol You mad because i see the truth? You mad because i don't blindly follow? You mad because i see corruption and you don't?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good god, shut the fuck up with this shit.

It's an avatar. Get over it and welcome to the internet.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zero shock... I was okay bringing Clowney back for a 1 year deal, but knowing that Dunlap was available I would've been PISSED had we kept Clowney (I've always liked Dunlap as many of you know).

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zero shock... I was okay bringing Clowney back for a 1 year deal, but knowing that Dunlap was available I would've been PISSED had we kept Clowney (I've always liked Dunlap as many of you know).
oh damn, I didn't know Clowney was even banged up. Guess we dodged a bullet there.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after yesterday's clunker it is uncertain now what the direction of this team is. We probably have to win out to have any chance at the #1 seed, and that seems rather unlikely at this point. We almost certainly have to beat the Rams in week 16 to win the division, which is going to be a tall order unless our offense gets back to what they looked like the first third of the season. My major gripes about this team right now:
  • Lack of aggressiveness on 3rd/4th & short offense. We seldom trust Carson to pick up the 1st down in these situations but instead try some gimmicky looking play that usually goes laterally, gets blown up, or just plain doesn't work. Maybe this is a habit we developed when Carson and Hyde were both out and we didn't have that player who could do that, but we do now.
  • Where have the deep shots gone? Seems lately we are reluctant to push it down field unless it's 3rd & a mile.
  • Drive killing sacks are happening way too frequently. I think at this stage in his career, Russell needs to look to step up more than retreat from the pocket, and throwing it away should be something he thinks about doing before risking a 10-15 yard loss.
  • I am just not sure what we are trying to make as our offensive identity. It seems we got scared out of "Let Russ Cook" because of a few games vs good teams when we had tons of injuries, yet we are not trying to impose our will on the ground with Carson. We are in some worst of both worlds limbo.
It feels bizarre to really only have major complaints about the offense right now, but I don't have much of a problem with what the D has done the last 3 games. Outside of a couple breakdowns vs the run yesterday (which shouldn't have mattered if we had a functional offense in that game), they are mostly fixed and seem to be trending up. I guess the good news is if it's the offense that needs to be fixed then at least we know they are capable of playing a lot better. Still very frustrating to see such a great opportunity to have the playoffs come through Seattle slip away against a team like the Giants.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after yesterday's clunker it is uncertain now what the direction of this team is. We probably have to win out to have any chance at the #1 seed, and that seems rather unlikely at this point. We almost certainly have to beat the Rams in week 16 to win the division, which is going to be a tall order unless our offense gets back to what they looked like the first third of the season. My major gripes about this team right now:
  • Lack of aggressiveness on 3rd/4th & short offense. We seldom trust Carson to pick up the 1st down in these situations but instead try some gimmicky looking play that usually goes laterally, gets blown up, or just plain doesn't work. Maybe this is a habit we developed when Carson and Hyde were both out and we didn't have that player who could do that, but we do now.
  • Where have the deep shots gone? Seems lately we are reluctant to push it down field unless it's 3rd & a mile.
  • Drive killing sacks are happening way too frequently. I think at this stage in his career, Russell needs to look to step up more than retreat from the pocket, and throwing it away should be something he thinks about doing before risking a 10-15 yard loss.
  • I am just not sure what we are trying to make as our offensive identity. It seems we got scared out of "Let Russ Cook" because of a few games vs good teams when we had tons of injuries, yet we are not trying to impose our will on the ground with Carson. We are in some worst of both worlds limbo.
It feels bizarre to really only have major complaints about the offense right now, but I don't have much of a problem with what the D has done the last 3 games. Outside of a couple breakdowns vs the run yesterday (which shouldn't have mattered if we had a functional offense in that game), they are mostly fixed and seem to be trending up. I guess the good news is if it's the offense that needs to be fixed then at least we know they are capable of playing a lot better. Still very frustrating to see such a great opportunity to have the playoffs come through Seattle slip away against a team like the Giants.
I'll add one more thing that has been maddening for me over the past 4 or 5 games (maybe even the whole season) is that Wilson has been too casual at the line. I don't know what advantage he thinks he's gaining by running the clock down to absolute zero every single time. I'm sure he even got lucky a few times where he got away with delay of game penalties that weren't called. Russ is thinking too much instead of just trusting the play. He's constantly trying to shift people, change the play, and point of what the defense is doing right down to the very last second and then it seems like he's rushing to get the snap off in time. This has to be an advantage to the defense when they know that the ball MUST be snapped because the QB is out of time. That has to give them a little extra jump to rush the QB. Plus, if you get the offense in their stance with 15 seconds left and then force them to play the statue game over and over again it's no wonder that occasionally our players false start. They are waiting too long in my opinion. Wilson needs to get the play off quicker, more often. It's OK to work the play clock sometimes, but not EVERY time.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team just isnt that good, i fully expect the rams to close the deal convincingly in week 17. This team needs a full coaching and front office overhaul. Pete has done great things for us but its time to move on and schneider has lived off a few good drafts that are going on 10 years ago. Since then he has been below average and keeps getting fleeced in trades.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why some are saying we need a overhaul on the entire coaching staff... As of yesterday, we were 8-3... Tied for the 3rd best record in the NFL... We lost to a team that started the season 0-5; then 1-7 and have now won 4 straight games over a 7 game stretch where they have gone 5-2... Their 2 losses came by a combined 3 pts... They haven't given up 25 points once during that stretch... Only 3x's did they give up 20-25 points, the other 4 scored in the teens like we did...

With that said, our offense should've played better and I tribute a lot of that to the play calling... To have RW drop back 55 times in the game and only hand the ball of to Chris Carson 11x's is disturbing... The coaching staff make excuses over that stretch where we did not have the services of Carson and Hyde and now that we have them - we don't use them like we need to be... It's very disappointing...

Not making an excuse for losing this game - it was definitely on the offense but the Giants have been one of the best teams in the NFL over the last 7 games... Their defense has been balling out...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should not lose to colt mccoy at home, period.
The team is putting up winning seasons but not getting over the hump and personnel moves have been God awful with few exceptions. They are good enough to beat the garbage teams but cant compete with the top dogs anymore. Its time for change.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WFT just beat the undefeated Steelers tonight. So now we aren't the biggest upset in the league this week anymore. lol.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should not lose to colt mccoy at home, period.
The team is putting up winning seasons but not getting over the hump and personnel moves have been God awful with few exceptions. They are good enough to beat the garbage teams but cant compete with the top dogs anymore. Its time for change.
You want an overhaul because we lost to team who is 5-2 over their last 7 games with two of their losses by a combined 3 pts? Lmao...