• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the dings and injuries we've had this year, having 11.5 days till our next game is just what the doctor ordered... Going back east for a Monday 5:25pm game isn't as bad as going back east for a 10am game... We should get a lot of the guys we've been missing back by then like, Pocic, Griffin, Carson...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the dings and injuries we've had this year, having 11.5 days till our next game is just what the doctor ordered... Going back east for a Monday 5:25pm game isn't as bad as going back east for a 10am game... We should get a lot of the guys we've been missing back by then like, Pocic, Griffin, Carson...

This might be a dumb question but how is Pocic's name pronounced? I've heard it said a couple different ways.

Is it
  1. POH-Sick?
  2. POH-seece?
  3. PAW-Sick?
  4. PAW-seece?
  5. POH-chick?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1605997745524.png

Think the Seahawks got lucky he didn't sign with them. Dunlap has helped and could be a key part of the defense. :hope:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is about what i expected for Clowney and why i was really ok with him not coming back. He was not going to make or break this team either way so in all honesty just let him walk. I saw a great athlete but not always a great player, he would vanish to often. Still they needed to be a little more aggressive at bringing in some DE and we all knew that. Would have been Nice to have Griffen in the DE rotation with his 3.5 sacks for cheap. Hawks still need some youth at DE and Collier has started to show up a little, Lets hope Alton Robinson continues to improve and so does Green. Still have yet to see Darrel Taylor also who is as close to returning as Penny maybe even closer.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing, Houston placed Clowney on IR with knee injury.... I’m much happier with Dunlap.... Things worked out on our part... I’m very happy that we did not sign him

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is about what i expected for Clowney and why i was really ok with him not coming back. He was not going to make or break this team either way so in all honesty just let him walk. I saw a great athlete but not always a great player, he would vanish to often. Still they needed to be a little more aggressive at bringing in some DE and we all knew that. Would have been Nice to have Griffen in the DE rotation with his 3.5 sacks for cheap. Hawks still need some youth at DE and Collier has started to show up a little, Lets hope Alton Robinson continues to improve and so does Green. Still have yet to see Darrel Taylor also who is as close to returning as Penny maybe even closer.
Where have you seen that Darrell Taylor is close to returning. Not saying you’re wrong. I just heard that they may shut him down for the season... If he is going to return it will definitely be a bonus to the rotation and for the experience going into next season

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you seen that Darrell Taylor is close to returning. Not saying you’re wrong. I just heard that they may shut him down for the season... If he is going to return it will definitely be a bonus to the rotation and for the experience going into next season
Seahawks Daily said he was going to start practicing this coming week and has all ready been running for a while.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks Daily said he was going to start practicing this coming week and has all ready been running for a while.
That's great news... More depth on the DL is just what the doctor ordered... Plus, he's a super talented kid to boot... People compare him to DeMarcus Lawrence/Alex Okafor.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we gotta root for Indy (against GB, leading the HFA race) and Atlanta (against New Orleans although without Brees they are less of a threat) today. Tampa and LA tomorrow... I guess either winning is fine since Tampa could be 8-3 with a win which hurts us for home field. But if LAR win they have the tiebreaker. I guess for now winning the division is more important.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs did everything in their power to give GB the win in the last 5 minutes of that Indy game, but just was served and Indy won. Seattle in the second seed spot looks good considering the upcoming schedule. Barring a complete meltdown we'll definitley be contending for that first seed and first round bye.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a pretty good week for our playoff standing and launch point for the rest of the season. GB dropped one they probably should have won (Indy tried about as hard as you can to lose that game), we won while hanging a loss on Arizona in the process to salvage a season split, and tonight we will see either the Rams or Bucs getting an L. On top of that, we now go into a 4 week stretch that is about as easy on paper as I remember ever seeing in almost 40 years of being a serious Seahawks fan. Huge, golden opportunity here to set ourselves up to have a decent shot at the #1 seed.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a pretty good week for our playoff standing and launch point for the rest of the season. GB dropped one they probably should have won (Indy tried about as hard as you can to lose that game), we won while hanging a loss on Arizona in the process to salvage a season split, and tonight we will see either the Rams or Bucs getting an L. On top of that, we now go into a 4 week stretch that is about as easy on paper as I remember ever seeing in almost 40 years of being a serious Seahawks fan. Huge, golden opportunity here to set ourselves up to have a decent shot at the #1 seed.

And the Bucs and Saints both have the Chiefs on their schedules.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Bucs and Saints both have the Chiefs on their schedules.
Yep, and GB has a pretty easy remaining schedule but does have to play the Titans, who I think will be a very tough matchup for them. The Panthers could be a challenge for GB as well if McCaffrey is on the field (week 15).

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bucs losing to the rams did us no favors so just like the rams they have an easy remaining schedule up until the last 2 weeks. Thank god they lost to the Bills and the dolphins did us a mega favor by beating all our divisional rivals.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bucs losing to the rams did us no favors so just like the rams they have an easy remaining schedule up until the last 2 weeks. Thank god they lost to the Bills and the dolphins did us a mega favor by beating all our divisional rivals.

For the most part yes it didn't help us BUT seeing as Seattle has one more against the Rams it didn't really hurt us either. In the Long run it could Help us that the Rams beat the Bucs also because some tie breakers are based off of Strength of Victory and if the Hawks can beat the Rams @home their SOV will be raised a pretty good chunk.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are able to beat the Rams in week 16 for a season split, I think it's better that the Bucs lost last night's game. That's their 4th loss, and us beating the Rams will give them at least 4 losses as well. If we are lining things up to try to get the 1 seed, this is probably a better scenario than if the Bucs were to be sitting at 7-3 right now. LA losing last night would have been more help to take the div, but we probably won't win that if we can't beat the Rams in week 16 anyway. I am glad the Bucs lost.