• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any big splash additions in the future. I agree that the scheme is what needs tweaking and they've got to get creative to somehow get some pressure with 4 guys. We can't out talent the other team with our Dline so they need to outsmart them more often.

That's where Norton can gain some favor, and hasn't so far. If it looks like the Pro Bowl when our 4 guys run into the man in front of them and get stood up every time, what's the harm in working in some stunts or something out of the box?

The tackling has been pretty bad as well compared to what we're used to. That's where I hope Jordyn Brooks and his speed can close the gap. Think about how fast Earl used to react and close on a play 20 yards from him and shut it down. We seem to be a step slow this season and it needs to change.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Darrell Taylor even gonna play this year? I haven't forgotten about him, but it just seems like he's not on course to do anything in his rookie season. Even if he ends up getting on the field, it's hard to see it turn into anything more than what we got from Collier as a rook. I can't remember the last time I heard any kind of injury update on him.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Darrell Taylor even gonna play this year? I haven't forgotten about him, but it just seems like he's not on course to do anything in his rookie season. Even if he ends up getting on the field, it's hard to see it turn into anything more than what we got from Collier as a rook. I can't remember the last time I heard any kind of injury update on him.
Last I heard the timetable is still unknown due to healing factors related to a metal rod inserted in his foot.
I don't have any further details but that unto itself sounds highly concerning.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard the timetable is still unknown due to healing factors related to a metal rod inserted in his foot.
I don't have any further details but that unto itself sounds highly concerning.
Thanks....yeah, it just seems like a general lack of news on him. As long as it isn't career threatening then not a huge deal to me. I have come to the point where I don't expect hardly anything from rookies anyway, especially on a team with so many established top quality starters.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks....yeah, it just seems like a general lack of news on him. As long as it isn't career threatening then not a huge deal to me. I have come to the point where I don't expect hardly anything from rookies anyway, especially on a team with so many established top quality starters.
Here it is! I was off. The metal rod inserted in the leg, not foot. This is actually nominally better (but still not good in the long term).

"What remains unknown is where Taylor is in his recovery from January 30 surgery to have a rod inserted into his leg. That is a procedure that can have a recovery timeline that lasts up to a year, however, there are so many variables involved that it is impossible to know what to expect in terms of Taylor’s recovery timeline. In short, he could be ready to hit the field Week 10, or he could miss the entirety of the 2020 season as his leg heals, it’s a complete unknown and nothing can be stated with certainty."

Another aspect of the situation is that Taylor, as well as Parkinson and DJ Reed, either need to be activated onto the main roster by week 12 or they cannot aquire this year as accrued season on their contracts. If that happens then the Seahawks retain them under contract control for an additional year. While that isn't optimal for this year, it is an interesting twist to the situation.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is! I was off. The metal rod inserted in the leg, not foot. This is actually nominally better (but still not good in the long term).

"What remains unknown is where Taylor is in his recovery from January 30 surgery to have a rod inserted into his leg. That is a procedure that can have a recovery timeline that lasts up to a year, however, there are so many variables involved that it is impossible to know what to expect in terms of Taylor’s recovery timeline. In short, he could be ready to hit the field Week 10, or he could miss the entirety of the 2020 season as his leg heals, it’s a complete unknown and nothing can be stated with certainty."

Another aspect of the situation is that Taylor, as well as Parkinson and DJ Reed, either need to be activated onto the main roster by week 12 or they cannot aquire this year as accrued season on their contracts. If that happens then the Seahawks retain them under contract control for an additional year. While that isn't optimal for this year, it is an interesting twist to the situation.

accrued season for this year was changed.

14. Tolling Contracts and Accrued/Credited Seasons.

a. For the 2020 NFL Season, each player on a Club’s Week 1 Active/Inactive, Reserve/Injures, Reserve/COVID-19, or Reserve/Physcially Unable to Perform (R/I and R/PUP) list, or who is on the Commissioner Exempt list or has a Reserve/COVID-19 exmption, or is on the suspended list for either the Drug or Steroid Policy (but not for the entirety of the 2020 League Year such that he is on the Active/Inactive for at least one game), or is on the Club’s Week 1 Practice Squad (provided that he is on the Active/Inactive for at least one game) shall receive:

(iii) one (1) Accrued Season for being on full pay status for one (1) regular season game.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
accrued season for this year was changed.

a. For the 2020 NFL Season, each player on a Club’s Week 1 Active/Inactive, Reserve/Injures, Reserve/COVID-19, or Reserve/Physcially Unable to Perform (R/I and R/PUP) list, or who is on the Commissioner Exempt list or has a Reserve/COVID-19 exmption, or is on the suspended list for either the Drug or Steroid Policy (but not for the entirety of the 2020 League Year such that he is on the Active/Inactive for at least one game), or is on the Club’s Week 1 Practice Squad (provided that he is on the Active/Inactive for at least one game) shall receive:

(iii) one (1) Accrued Season for being on full pay status for one (1) regular season game.
Yes, but this doesn't necessarily apply to the listed rookies on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury list. It is a little confusing, but here is the full article from fieldgulls.

Wednesday the players who could return to the Seattle Seahawks as reinforcements after the back week were reviewed, including the players on the nonfootball injury list. The dates at which these players, including Darrell Taylor, Colby Parkinson and D.J. Reed are eligible to return were laid out in that piece, but there is one very key game to keep in mind for all three of them: the Week 12 matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles.

This date is important for one simple reason, and that is that if those four players are not on the roster by the time the Week 12 game is played, they will not be able to be in full pay status for six or more games during the season. Six or more games of full pay status is important because that is what it takes to earn an accrued season, and accrued seasons are extremely important for the following reason:

“Restricted Free Agent” means a Veteran who has three Accrued Seasons and who completes performance of his Player Contract, but who is still subject to a Right of First Refusal and/or Draft Choice Compensation in favor of his Prior Club.
“Unrestricted Free Agent” means a Veteran with four or more Accrued Seasons, who has completed performance of his Player Contract, and who is no longer subject to any exclusive negotiating rights, Right of First Refusal, or Draft Choice Compensation in favor of his Prior Club.
Those definitions are, of course, pulled from Article 1 of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement, and lay out the difference between a restricted free agent and an unrestricted free agent.

To make a long story short, as noted above, normally if those players are not promoted to the active roster or moved to injured reserve prior to the Week 12 game, they will not earn an accrued season during the 2020 NFL league year because they will not have been on the roster for six or more games.

During a normal NFL season, the same six game requirement would apply to players on the physically unable to perform list as well. That would mean that, as detailed regarding Rashaad Penny back in May, that players on the PUP list during their rookie contracts who are not activated prior to Week 12 could fail to earn an accrued season. However, due to COVID this season the NFL changed the accrued season calculation requirements for the majority of players. In the NFL’s CBA amendment for the 2020 season on August 3, the following is found:

So, boiling that all down, what it means is that Penny is eligible to earn an accrued season as long as he is on the 53 man active roster for at least one game, however, of not in part 14.(a) is the absence of players on the Reserve/Nonfootball Injury list.

In short, even under the NFL COVID rules, it appears those players must be on the active roster for at least six games in order to earn an accrued season. That means that if Taylor, Reed and Parkinson are not activated prior to the Week 12 game against the Eagles, they will be unable to earn an accrued season in 2020. That means that at the conclusion of their rookie contracts, even if they earn an accrued season in each of the other three years of those contracts, they will wind up with just three accrued seasons. As noted above, three accrued seasons makes an NFL player a restricted free agent rather than an unrestricted free agent.

Yes, this is an issue that is several years away from being material to Taylor and Parkinson, and hopefully they will be active and contributing soon. However, if they are indeed unable to see the field for the Hawks prior to that late November trip to Philadelphia, the Seahawks could gain an extra year of club control at the back end of their rookie contracts. The clock is ticking, and that month and a half is likely to pass quickly.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we are now the lone undefeated NFC team after the somewhat surprising drubbing of the Packers at the hands of the Bucs yesterday. I would also say we got a favorable outcome in the Rams/Niners game in terms of the current standings. fivethirtyeight.com says we have a 94% chance to make the playoffs, 43% chance to get the 1-seed, and a 12% chance to win the SB. The only team with a greater SB win chance is the Chiefs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we are now the lone undefeated NFC team after the somewhat surprising drubbing of the Packers at the hands of the Bucs yesterday. I would also say we got a favorable outcome in the Rams/Niners game in terms of the current standings. fivethirtyeight.com says we have a 94% chance to make the playoffs, 43% chance to get the 1-seed, and a 12% chance to win the SB. The only team with a greater SB win chance is the Chiefs.
It's a great start to the season and a few things have fallen in our favor. Nice to be up 2 in the loss column in the NFCW

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals up next, and yeah, they looked good against the Cowboys, but wow, is Dallas a soft, gutless team or what?!

Zeke with 2 horrible fumbles that gave all the momentum to Arizona, and that dropped easy TD by Gallup.

I sure hope the Cards come in next week expecting a similar opponent.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are in good shape against the Cardinals we are coming off a bye week and they are coming off a Monday night game so we will be playing them on a short week in their end.

Even if Taylor and Parkinson are both able to play I doubt they would even get much playing time we really do not have any injuries in depth at the TE and DE position I doubt they would get a lot of snaps.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals have looked like a very mediocre team the last few weeks leading up to last night's easy win over a Dallas team that was clearly uninspired. The funny thing is the Cowboys are still in 1st place in that joke of a division and probably still have the inside track on winning it.

Getting Jamal Adams back should be a boost. Hard to tell if Arizona's D looked good last night because they are good or if it was more about the opponent's ineptitude, but I think Russ & co will do just fine.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Snacks Harrison if he's playing or staying on the PS?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Snacks Harrison if he's playing or staying on the PS?
Word is still that he's "Working his way up to active roster" as of 10/20, but that the Bucs and Dolphins have tried to sign him off the PS and he's denied their requests.

Tells me he knows he's close and that he wants to be on a winner. I hope snacks comes in hungry!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need this dude, and frankly I don't want him anywhere near our locker room.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fine with signing AB, small risk, high reward