• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows when his suspension will be lifted... The coaches may know something, which is why they promoted TE/WR Stephen Sullivan from the practice squad today...

I think just means that Gordon hasn't been removed from the suspension list yet and they needed to fill Dorsett's spot.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like by week 6 we will know whats going on With Gordon.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we will get our first real look at Jordyn Brooks this week as PC has named him a starter, although he did not say whether he will be Sam or Will.

Excited but also apprehensive that he will be thrown into the fire. He has the speed and strength to be an instant playmaker but there is a lot to learn for him especially on pass coverage. I assume he will be the Will and likely off the field in nickel situations.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we will get our first real look at Jordyn Brooks this week as PC has named him a starter, although he did not say whether he will be Sam or Will.

Excited but also apprehensive that he will be thrown into the fire. He has the speed and strength to be an instant playmaker but there is a lot to learn for him especially on pass coverage. I assume he will be the Will and likely off the field in nickel situations.

I'm excited about Brooks. No more running 40 yards down the field for Wagner who should stay near the LOS at this point in his career.

I loved the Brooks pick and I think he'll be a major asset against Elliott and as a pass rusher if the Boys tackles are out. He was definitely more of a pass rusher in college (led NCAA in linebacker QB hits) so to your point it will be interesting to see how he does in coverage. Fortunately he has plenty of mentors at his disposal.

All in all, good news!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about Brooks. No more running 40 yards down the field for Wagner who should stay near the LOS at this point in his career.

I loved the Brooks pick and I think he'll be a major asset against Elliott and as a pass rusher if the Boys tackles are out. He was definitely more of a pass rusher in college (led NCAA in linebacker QB hits) so to your point it will be interesting to see how he does in coverage. Fortunately he has plenty of mentors at his disposal.

All in all, good news!

I was pretty happy with the pick, especially after watching some detailed analysis of him from guys like Sam Gold.

But I would be much happier if he won the job rather than be given the job because of injury. Same with Robinson who will likely get a bunch of snaps despite not even being on the game day roster the past 2 weeks.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damon Harrison finally coming in for a visit.

Sign him immediately.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly what I think the team needs but not terrible either.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks: as with most rooks, probably will be a range of ups and downs. The more experience he gets now, the sooner he'll be able to reach his potential. Only so good you can get by not playing. So maybe we see some greenhorn mistakes, but climbing that learning curve now should pay some dividends when it's time to give him a bigger role in the next couple years.

Snacks: maybe he's not a pass rusher, but adding him to the middle of the DL should make it less necessary to slide guys like Collier and Green inside. Could have an indirect benefit to the pass rush while also reinforcing the run D. Of course, who knows what kind of shape he's in (with a nickname like Snacks, I think I have guarded expectations).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like by week 6 we will know whats going on With Gordon.

"He hit his girlfriend!" Eh...
"He got a DUI!" Eh...
"He said racist things!" Eh....
"He caused 9/11!" Eh...

"He smoked weed!" BANNED, PIECE OF SHIT!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good breakdown of DK for this past Sunday..

DK is becoming a bona fide monster. I wish Russell would have gone to him instead of Lockett on that 3rd & 1. It was an easier throw, but of course things can look quite a bit different when you're in the pocket vs looking from an elevated camera.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK is becoming a bona fide monster. I wish Russell would have gone to him instead of Lockett on that 3rd & 1. It was an easier throw, but of course things can look quite a bit different when you're in the pocket vs looking from an elevated camera.

Yeah I noticed the same thing on that play. As you say, easier to say from the All-22.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brock Huard said that the coverage showed that DK would've been double covered/zone with the safety over on his side of the field... He said the reason he chose to throw to Lockett was the single coverage that the defense was showing on his side of the field..

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, last thing we can afford on the DL... Rasheem Green sent to IR for neck stinger...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team is desperate for edge rushers.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense is disgustingly underachieving, we are giving up dam near 500 passing yards a game, totally unacceptable... Seahawks offense is just so good they’re making up for the defensive sadness ... Ironically we’ve won 2 games from late defensive stands, but that’s just talent rising, we’re getting dissected like a frog in a lab all game ... Soon Quinn will get fired, I say hire hire him back as D coordinator, move Norton back to linebackers coach, I think we would improve, dramatically ...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Carson suffered a knee sprain on a dirty "gator roll" by Cowboys defensive tackle Trysten Hill. Carroll didn't know the severity of the injury."

Clipped this from Yahoo sports, There is no place in football for this when the sole intention of it is to INJURE the player.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes our defense has been god awful but honestly I don't know if its because of not having preseason games and lack training camp practice with so much emphasis on social distancing and covid testing but looking around the league I don't see any teams defense really performing at a high level. The only games where the defense performed well were against teams that had subpar offenses so I think there is a trend around a the league of having problems stopping effective offenses.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense is disgustingly underachieving, we are giving up dam near 500 passing yards a game, totally unacceptable... Seahawks offense is just so good they’re making up for the defensive sadness ... Ironically we’ve won 2 games from late defensive stands, but that’s just talent rising, we’re getting dissected like a frog in a lab all game ... Soon Quinn will get fired, I say hire hire him back as D coordinator, move Norton back to linebackers coach, I think we would improve, dramatically ...
As long as we continue to be solid against the run, I am not sure the passing yards allowed means all that much other than high scoring games are the norm. PC's Hawks are now 9-0 vs QBs that throw for 400+ yards. It's not a fluke. There is not a strong positive correlation between passing yards and winning football games. Of course I would like to see it tighten up a bit (especially on 3rd down), but we can definitely continue to win despite how many yards we are allowing through the air. The reason is because our offense is not going to be kept below 30 points by any team I can see on the remaining schedule, and we'll likely fair very well in the turnover margin week in and week out.

But yeah, I would be all for hiring Quinn back as DC. That may not be a thing until after the season though, even if he's fired today. I can't think of an example where something like that has happened in-season.