• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season thread

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of interesting: The game we play this week is Seattle at Philly, which is also the same playoff match up we'd playing if the season ended today. We'd be the wildcard road team heading to Philly even though we have 4 more wins than them. :crazy:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of interesting: The game we play this week is Seattle at Philly, which is also the same playoff match up we'd playing if the season ended today. We'd be the wildcard road team heading to Philly even though we have 4 more wins than them. :crazy:
Probably after the season, they make a change to this. If for whatever reason this does happen to the Hawks, I won't complain since we had a home game with 7 wins and upset the Saints.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably after the season, they make a change to this. If for whatever reason this does happen to the Hawks, I won't complain since we had a home game with 7 wins and upset the Saints.

People thought they would change it after the Hawks got to host a Playoff game at 7-9 and nothing happened. There really is not a lot you can do because it really is unfair for a division winning team to not get a home game. i mean think about it you are the #4 seed at say 10-6 and the #5 seed is 11-5. Is it fair to say ok they were 11-5 didn't win their division but get a home game over the 10-6 division winner that had a much harder Schedule?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People thought they would change it after the Hawks got to host a Playoff game at 7-9 and nothing happened. There really is not a lot you can do because it really is unfair for a division winning team to not get a home game. i mean think about it you are the #4 seed at say 10-6 and the #5 seed is 11-5. Is it fair to say ok they were 11-5 didn't win their division but get a home game over the 10-6 division winner that had a much harder Schedule?
Yeah I don't really think they would make changes purely because this doesn't happen often to where a division where every single team is a hot mess and another division where 3 or 4 teams look dangerous enough to win playoff games. If this was happening every year then surely the talks would start happening to make the change.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they are benching Wentz and we will be playing against the rookie Jalen Hurts. His first NFL start. I guess this is good and bad. He's inexperienced and will probably make a mistake or two. On the other hand we don't really know what to expect and there isn't any NFL film on the kid. So he's kind of a wild card.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they are benching Wentz and we will be playing against the rookie Jalen Hurts. His first NFL start. I guess this is good and bad. He's inexperienced and will probably make a mistake or two. On the other hand we don't really know what to expect and there isn't any NFL film on the kid. So he's kind of a wild card.
Good points... I would have rather played against Wentz who obviously is not only struggle but his confidence looks shattered... New QB gives team, new hope imo...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way they would add a rule in is if the division winner was under .500 and have the division winner play on the road. For what you're saying, that seeding would stay the same.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're sticking with Wentz but wouldn't be surprised if Hurts gets a few more plays or gets the second half start if Wentz struggles again.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're sticking with Wentz but wouldn't be surprised if Hurts gets a few more plays or gets the second half start if Wentz struggles again.
Interesting. I read a couple days ago they were going to go with Hurts. Maybe they are flip flopping on that decision. But, like you say, it probably won't take much for Wentz to get the hook if he looks like he's struggling early.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll had mentioned that R. Penny could resume practicing next week... Would be nice have him get a few games under his belt heading into the postseason...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I read a couple days ago they were going to go with Hurts. Maybe they are flip flopping on that decision. But, like you say, it probably won't take much for Wentz to get the hook if he looks like he's struggling early.
The Philly reporters pressed the issue. The first time around Doug was very vague and snippy about who would start and I guess he finally got pissed and said Wentz starts. I do think Seattle will see a bit more of Hurts on wild cat formations and RPO which he usually just tries to run and gets stopped. I do believe if Wentz has another miserable first half he'll get benched. Regardless of who's QB'ing, the Eagles o-line is banged up and hopefully Collier and Dunlap and get back there and force which ever QB is playing into some turnovers.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done with David Moore returning kicks. More DJ Reed please.

Iupati looked bad at LG tonight, especially compared to the backups who have been balling lately.

Speaking of Moore, get those jet routes out of the playbook right now. If you're gonna surprise a team with that, give it to Metcalf, who's faster than everyone on the field. Maybe Swain, but the blocking and predictability has to be much better.

Cedric OhBoyHesBad can't be at RT of we're going to get the 1 seed.

The Philly secondary is bad and we didn't show that because of how easily their Dline got through our guys.

This game wasn't close regardless, but we let the final line pretend it was.

NYG will be missing their QB and top 2 RBs going forward. We can't let that final look close if we want to be an elite team in the NFC.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like team stock just sort of maintained last night. The final score makes the game appear a little closer than it was, but offensively we lacked a killer instinct that would have given us a chance to blow them out. The D is making strides and should get a few more stat padding games upcoming vs bad offenses -- NYG, NYJ, and "Football Team." After that, we'll see where we are against the Rams. I always hate playing them...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good sign is how well the defense is putting pressure on the QB with just their front 4... It's gotten a helk of a lot better since Dunlap has began playing... Yes, it was Philly yesterday but our defense held them to (6) straight 3 and outs, that's unheard of in the NFL regardless of how bad a offense is... Our defense has been steadily playing better the last 3 games - so they did exactly what they should've done last night against a bad offense... We held them to their lowest scoring output of the season at 17... They actually only had 9pts with 12 seconds left in the game... We have 19 sacks the past 4 games... We had 28 all last season... The defense has taken much criticism this year, as they should have, but they should be getting some of the credit the past 2-3 games with the way they're improving...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good sign is how well the defense is putting pressure on the QB with just their front 4... It's gotten a helk of a lot better since Dunlap has began playing... Yes, it was Philly yesterday but our defense held them to (6) straight 3 and outs, that's unheard of in the NFL regardless of how bad a offense is... Our defense has been steadily playing better the last 3 games - so they did exactly what they should've done last night against a bad offense... We held them to their lowest scoring output of the season at 17... They actually only had 9pts with 12 seconds left in the game... We have 19 sacks the past 4 games... We had 28 all last season... The defense has taken much criticism this year, as they should have, but they should be getting some of the credit the past 2-3 games with the way they're improving...

But then with our Defensive improvements....

What has been trending downhill????????

You know. The more i think about it, the madder i get.

WE :clap2: SHOULD :clap2: HAVE :clap2:SCORED :clap2: 30+ :clap2: ON :clap2: THEIR :clap2: FUCKING :clap2: GOD DAMN :clap2: ASS:clap2:

23 IS JUST PATHETIC .

That will do FUCK ALL when we Play Tampa, New Orleans, Green Bay in the Playoffs, and we are bound to play at least 1 of those 3.

If we want to go where we want to go, and if you don't want to go to the Superbowl. There is the door Don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out, then something needs to change about the Open Zones, Watch Baldy's videos he'll show you, and We need to go for the Juglar and don't stop until Every drop of blood is out of that beast and the fat lady starts singing that sweet song of Victory....

I'm out and apologize for most of the graphic nature and the language. I tend to tier towards that when emotionally typing or Writing

The next person please make sure to wipe it down and heavily Sanitize it before using it....

jay pharoah mic drop GIF

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah this team Went into protection mode after going up 14 to 6. Something we have seen with Pete constantly over the years. Pete is a great coach but he doesn't want to blow teams out. He gets a lead in the first half and "sits on it" and i am sick of it. Also early in the game they need to take the points and kick the FG. The second time they went for it on 4th down i was fine with because they were not in fg range but were also a little short for a punt. I am fine with taking the shot there but when it's 0-0 and you have a 4th down on the 2 you either run smash mouth or you pass into the endzone you don't get cute and try a fly sweep with Moore when everyone is up on the LoS because you are on the damn 2! Kick the Field goal and take the 3 points. Hawks ended up winning by 6 had they taken the FG they win by at least 9 and maybe more as i don't think the Eagles would have still felt like there was a chance. ( Like there was only being up 14 ) Being up 17 with under 2 minutes to play would have sucked the life out of the Eagles, Not gave them a small glimmer of hope.

Now i was never worried about this game for 99% of it till the onside kick and the Hawks had control from start to finish but the stupid play calling in the game left the Eagles with hope and you can't do that with poor teams you have to bury them!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Pete Carroll told 710 ESPN Seattle that the Seahawks are awaiting MRI results on Carlos Dunlap's foot, which he hurt Monday night. "He's got a sore foot," Carroll said. "We don't know what it is. It's something on the bottom of his foot." Dunlap played only 38 defensive snaps against Philadelphia, third among Seattle defensive ends behind Benson Mayowa (40) and Rasheem Green (39). Mayowa and rookie Alton Robinson (10) would likely play more if Dunlap has to miss time as they are all Leo ends."

oof thats not good! Thankfully the rest of the guys stepped up in the last game but that was against one of if not the worst Oline in the NFL. I am sure he injured his plantar fascia, lets hope it's just a strain. The Plantar fascia is a thick tendon that is connected from the heel to every toe. If i am not wrong we lost Olsen to him tearing that tendon.

Speaking of Olsen, Why TF are we not using Dissly more or any of the TE? Sure Hollister shows up but he is more like a FB/TE Hybrid where are our TE's!?

Last edited:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Olsen, Why TF are we not using Dissly more or any of the TE? Sure Hollister shows up but he is more like a FB/TE Hybrid where are our TE's!?
I was commenting on that exact point while watching the game with my wife last night. Dissly used to get lots of balls his way before his injury and before we got Olsen. Now that he's healthy and Olsen is out I would have expected him to be way more involved than he was last night. I don't even think I heard his name called last night.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son was saying how slow Moore looked on kick returns and I agreed with him, but I didn't realize just how poor of a night he had until I read his stats:

1 carry for 1 yard
3 receptions for -6 yards
2 punt returns for 8 yards.

So he touched the ball 6 times and totaled a whopping 3 yards. That is about as bad as it gets. And yet he somehow managed to have a TD. Meanwhile DK goes off for 177 yards and can't find the endzone once. This game is funny sometimes.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Pete Carroll told 710 ESPN Seattle that the Seahawks are awaiting MRI results on Carlos Dunlap's foot, which he hurt Monday night. "He's got a sore foot," Carroll said. "We don't know what it is. It's something on the bottom of his foot." Dunlap played only 38 defensive snaps against Philadelphia, third among Seattle defensive ends behind Benson Mayowa (40) and Rasheem Green (39). Mayowa and rookie Alton Robinson (10) would likely play more if Dunlap has to miss time as they are all Leo ends."

oof thats not good! Thankfully the rest of the guys stepped up in the last game but that was against one of if not the worst Oline in the NFL. I am sure he injured his plantar fascia, lets hope it's just a strain. The Plantar fascia is a thick tendon that is connected from the heel to every toe. If i am not wrong we lost Olsen to him tearing that tendon.

Didn't hear Robinsons name another last night.

Any word on Taylor? I heard he was practicing.

My son was saying how slow Moore looked on kick returns and I agreed with him, but I didn't realize just how poor of a night he had until I read his stats:

1 carry for 1 yard
3 receptions for -6 yards
2 punt returns for 8 yards.

So he touched the ball 6 times and totaled a whopping 3 yards. That is about as bad as it gets. And yet he somehow managed to have a TD. Meanwhile DK goes off for 177 yards and can't find the endzone once. This game is funny sometimes.

DK found the Redbone.....

Just couldn't haul it in