• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks release Kam Chancellor and Doug Baldwin

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how he noted players/coaches except for RW and P. Carroll...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's been a popular topic of conversation today on the radio.

He also went out of his way to talk up Bevell. I guess Baldwin now needs to be lumped in with the group of idiots and kool aid drinkers who don't think Bevell is a terrible coach?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well we all knew that Sherman was his boy. I don't think that he was ever that close to Wilson but I don't think they had any issues with each other.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's been a popular topic of conversation today on the radio.

He also went out of his way to talk up Bevell. I guess Baldwin now needs to be lumped in with the group of idiots and kool aid drinkers who don't think Bevell is a terrible coach?

its like the mueller investigation, its over. time to move on. bevell was fired for a reason.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its like the mueller investigation, its over. time to move on. bevell was fired for a reason.

Yes he was and that reason was Cable. Hey these two threw each other under the bus ( Bevell and Cable ) and the FO decided to move on from them. Our New OC is ok but not very creative, he is young and who knows he might become better ( wont hold my breath ) but It's better than two Coaches that couldn't get along.

Cable was the biggest Mistake this team ever made, with any other Oline coach i believe we have at least 2 Superbowl wins. I would like to know where all those people that supported Cable went? i mean i see them out there acting like they hated Cable but we know the truth. Use to beat me up saying how our Oline wasn't Cables fault and they needed to draft better players on the oline etc etc etc LMAO!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he was and that reason was Cable. Hey these two threw each other under the bus ( Bevell and Cable ) and the FO decided to move on from them. Our New OC is ok but not very creative, he is young and who knows he might become better ( wont hold my breath ) but It's better than two Coaches that couldn't get along.

Cable was the biggest Mistake this team ever made, with any other Oline coach i believe we have at least 2 Superbowl wins. I would like to know where all those people that supported Cable went? i mean i see them out there acting like they hated Cable but we know the truth. Use to beat me up saying how our Oline wasn't Cables fault and they needed to draft better players on the oline etc etc etc LMAO!

I admit, I liked the Cable signing at first. He had the reputation to bring the line around - and the line was so bad, I gave him a pass when it didn't improve (for a few seasons actually) beyond a mid-tier line (at best). I thought Cable's struggles were mostly because he was switching all his linemen from TE and DL. I believe he had over half the linemen on the team were converted from other positions at one point. I really thought that if he just got back to bringing in offensive linemen, he'd've been ok (and who knows, since he never stopped the position switches, I guess it could've been possible). But, the longer he was here the more it became evident that only a couple players were making any real strides, and some were even regressing.

I did a search of all my mentions of Cable, and was kind've surprised I was critical of him as early as 2013, the criticism had more to do with him being incompetent at pass pro coaching than him being absolutely terrible at his job. I didn't start wanting him fired until 2016 and 2017, but I had thought my criticism didn't start until 2015. Granted - there's only 45 posts (including just mentions when talking about this lineman or that for draft purposes through the years) in the last 6 years, but these don't include posts where he was the topic but not mentioned by name (I'm surely not gonna do more than just search his name).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was always a bad move. Cable had some good lines but they were good to start with. He never really improved a line much for the past 12 years. I even brought up bringing Solari back i think like 2014-2015? can't remember.

His converted Dlineman to Olineman was not that many. i think like what 3. Where as they drafted like 6 Olineman when he was hear and they all were pretty bad except Britt who almost didn't last himself. No Growth under cable at all, look how they played last season and i expect even better things this season.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J.R. Sweezy (DT)
Drew Nowak (DT)
Kristjan Sokoli (DT)
Gary Gilliam (TE)

Those are just the ones from the 2015 line. Now, Cable wasn't the one who switched them all, but each of them had less than 1 year experience on the OLine when they got to Cable. George Fant is another, but I can't think of any more than that off the top of my head, so it could've just seemed to be happening more than it did.

I'd also argue that Carpenter has been a serviceable starter in the league, somewhere around the bottom 3rd of starting LGs from 2014-2017. Nothing to write home about, but a legit starter. I expect if he can get healthy he'll start for the Falcons. Still, only 2 linemen who were brought in turned into anything serviceable while Cable was here, that's a pretty bad track record.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to Cable, we spent basically zero money on OL for about 4 years, instead putting it all into the defense.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilliam Was a TE/Olineman in college Like Fant is a TE olineman in the Pros :P

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to Cable, we spent basically zero money on OL for about 4 years, instead putting it all into the defense.

so drafting Olineman in the 1st 2nd and 3rd rounds is zero money? not true.

Cable could not teach these guys to get better. All i ever saw was regression with Cable.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so drafting Olineman in the 1st 2nd and 3rd rounds is zero money? not true.

Cable could not teach these guys to get better. All i ever saw was regression with Cable.

From 2012-2106 they drafted 2 lineman in the 1st 3 rounds. Britt and Ifedi.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilliam Was a TE/Olineman in college Like Fant is a TE olineman in the Pros :P

Well, I did say TE as well as DL - so, they still fit in my criteria

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just going to ignore Carpenter ( 1st ) and Moffit ( 3rd ) in 2011? Rees Odhiambo ( 3rd ) Pocic ( 2nd ). How about the 4th rounders which are normally starters when talking about Guard and Center positions in the NFL, Poole and Glowinski.

so 4 more in the first 1-3 rounds since Cable got here and 2 more in the 4th.

Cable was a trash teacher and talent developer and a even worse Coach.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just going to ignore Carpenter ( 1st ) and Moffit ( 3rd ) in 2011? Rees Odhiambo ( 3rd ) Pocic ( 2nd ). How about the 4th rounders which are normally starters when talking about Guard and Center positions in the NFL, Poole and Glowinski.

so 4 more in the first 1-3 rounds since Cable got here and 2 more in the 4th.

Cable was a trash teacher and talent developer and a even worse Coach.

I'm not ignoring anything. I was stating an empirical fact. For about 3 or 4 years the Seahawks had the least amount of money invested in the OL of any team in the NFL.

That doesn't mean that Cable was a good coach for us. But it does give a little more color to his time here.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ignoring anything. I was stating an empirical fact. For about 3 or 4 years the Seahawks had the least amount of money invested in the OL of any team in the NFL.

That doesn't mean that Cable was a good coach for us. But it does give a little more color to his time here.

they put the resources into the Oline, they just never panned out so they did not get 2nd contracts or they were let go/released. Cable couldn't coach up a Highschool oline or find talent.

From 2017
Seahawks have drafted most offensive linemen in the NFL since 2010

Imagine having some of those picks back for other positions, all you needed was a competent Oline Coach.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they put the resources into the Oline, they just never panned out so they did not get 2nd contracts or they were let go/released. Cable couldn't coach up a Highschool oline or find talent.

From 2017
Seahawks have drafted most offensive linemen in the NFL since 2010

Imagine having some of those picks back for other positions, all you needed was a competent Oline Coach.

They spent a lot of late round draft picks that never panned out. Counting on 6th and 7th draft picks to produce isn't a great plan.

I really don't even know what you are arguing here. If you think that the Seahawks committed resources and money to the OL over the last 6 or so years then you see things very differently than I do.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They spent a lot of late round draft picks that never panned out. Counting on 6th and 7th draft picks to produce isn't a great plan.

I really don't even know what you are arguing here. If you think that the Seahawks committed resources and money to the OL over the last 6 or so years then you see things very differently than I do.

9 draft picks in the first 4 rounds 16 total picks is not a lot of resources between 2010-2016? WTF

Guess you ignored the article and didn't read it. #1 in the NFL at adding Olineman through the draft so if the Hawks didn't add any resources to the Oline then NO team in the NFL did between 2010-2016. 7 picks in the first 3 rounds, 2 picks in round 4, 7 in the last 3 rounds. Cable had a lot to work with on the oline but work was not what he did.

Last edited:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. I had a lot my share of complaints with Bevell, but that guy called some great games. He was just really inconsistent.

There is nothing inconsistent about Tom Cable. He's a fucking dullard who brings in penalty-prone goons to run his system that consistently shits out O-lines that rank near the bottom (if not dead last) in penalties against and pass blocking. The running game was his specialty and that fell apart once Beast Mode retired.

Thanks god they already had Okung and Unger here before Cable really installed his system.

I've been following this guy's career for almost 20 years now and he's just not a good coach. I might have given him mediocre at one point, but he falls short of even that at this point IMO.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Use to beat me up saying how our Oline wasn't Cables fault and they needed to draft better players on the oline etc etc etc LMAO!
Kind of like Cable used to beat up his wife and assistant coaches. What a character that guy is amiright?