• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks @ Rams

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do they go 6-1 in their last 7 to reach the 10-6 that people were saying? i just don't know if half of us are watching the same team out there on Sunday in the Seahawks jersey. Or they just don't understand football?

Yes 8-8 is more likely than 10-6 like i said 2 weeks ago. I do expect them to go 5-2 in the last 7 though and finish 9-7. This team just doesn't have enough on the outside to be productive consistently in the passing game. If they have to throw over and over to get the win they most likely wont get the win.

about a month and a half ago people said they found their identity but i always thought they were still looking, and i still feel like that.

At least we don't have to wait long to get this games taste out of our mouth, See you all on Thursday.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do they go 6-1 in their last 7 to reach the 10-6 that people were saying? i just don't know if half of us are watching the same team out there on Sunday in the Seahawks jersey. Or they just don't understand football?

Yes 8-8 is more likely than 10-6 like i said 2 weeks ago. I do expect them to go 5-2 in the last 7 though and finish 9-7. This team just doesn't have enough on the outside to be productive consistently in the passing game. If they have to throw over and over to get the win they most likely wont get the win.
Nothing wrong about being optimistic. I’m sure you would of rather been the one wrong. The truth is the Seahawks are actually better then I expected and I say that despite losing the last two games.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong about being optimistic. I’m sure you would of rather been the one wrong. The truth is the Seahawks are actually better then I expected and I say that despite losing the last two games.

Damn straight i wish i was wrong, hell yes. I just don't make predictions with my heart.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing while running often times results in high throw. Shitty ending, but a good game nevertheless.
After seeing injury report this morning, didnt think we stood a chance. They fought their asses off. Couple breaks and we sweep Rams this year, gotta learn how to finish a game like the old Seahawks did.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was always an 8-8 team at best.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing injury report this morning, didnt think we stood a chance. They fought their asses off. Couple breaks and we sweep Rams this year, gotta learn how to finish a game like the old Seahawks did.
I was also. Surprised with both Fluker and Carson out the Seahawks still ran the ball well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was always an 8-8 team at best.
The last two games were the toughest two on the schedule and they played them tough. I could see the Seahawks doing better then expected going forward.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are such an overrated team. They're 100% going to fail massively when they run into a good D in the playoffs.

How the hell does Wilson not connect with Lockett?

I think Ciara is playing head games with him.... :ohwell:

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so many changes, the first thing you have to do is get really good at one thing and expand from there. We have done that, we have become really good at running the ball. Now we need to expand from that. This stuff takes time and fans are too impatient, they want instant gratification or nothing. We are in every game with most games coming down to a small handful of plays. As we get better we will start having more of those plays go our way. As expected, we are competitive

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Fucking Sucks. Nothing more. Nothing less.

We just need to find ourselves quickly before we loss out on a spot for January football because this team looks a little off

I don't think they look a little off at all, this is just who they are. They are a mediocre football team that can play very well at times, but are incredibly inconsistent and they can't sustain that level of play for entire games. It's way too early to be worrying about the playoffs, right now they just need to focus on being consistently better. A lot of their losses this year could have been wins.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive Penny looked good today. Shame they took the L twice cause they gashed the Rams on the ground and could have walked out with two W's

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are currently relying too heavily on the run, and as long as they appear to still be getting good results with it there's no reason for the coaches to change their strategy. They didn't take advantage of play action this game, and only threw the ball when they had to - letting the Rams pass rush be much more effective than it would have been if the play calling could've kept the Rams guessing more. The Seahawks had more pass plays that lost yardage than they had pass plays that went more than 10 yards (and they had only 1 pass play in the first 3 quarters that was completed more than 10 yards downfield). We're playing 3 yards and a cloud of dust style football - even in the passing game. Most of the game, I looked at Lockett and felt they were playing him more like Harvin than anything else.

Since week 3, we've run the ball on first down 64% of the time, with the team doing so 75% of the time today. Until Russell's fumble, that number was nearly 85%, but they threw 3 of their last 4 first down snaps. I'm not against running, but we're only running like 3-5 play action passes each game, which completely squanders the benefits of such a run happy offense on the passing game.

I also think that our passing patterns suck. I saw several occasions where we had multiple receivers running in the same area and even found some pattern strategies directly off vanilla Madden offenses, like a 5 curl pattern sequence in the 4th quarter. Schottenheimer is known for putting up a good run offense, but he's only had 1 passing offense in the top half (#16 with the Jets in 2008) and we're currently sitting in the low 20s right now. Once we have to play catch up, our offense is no longer designed to get chunks of yards through the air. Even if Russell was playing at his best - I don't think our route tree is giving him enough to work with when we need to throw.

One last note, our defense isn't good enough to play the TOP game in a run heavy offense. We've may have run for over 450 yards in 2 games against the Rams, but we won the TOP by a mere 2:14 over those 2 games. Our defense gave up 924 yards in those games.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are currently relying too heavily on the run, and as long as they appear to still be getting good results with it there's no reason for the coaches to change their strategy. They didn't take advantage of play action this game, and only threw the ball when they had to - letting the Rams pass rush be much more effective than it would have been if the play calling could've kept the Rams guessing more. The Seahawks had more pass plays that lost yardage than they had pass plays that went more than 10 yards (and they had only 1 pass play in the first 3 quarters that was completed more than 10 yards downfield). We're playing 3 yards and a cloud of dust style football - even in the passing game. Most of the game, I looked at Lockett and felt they were playing him more like Harvin than anything else.

Since week 3, we've run the ball on first down 64% of the time, with the team doing so 75% of the time today. Until Russell's fumble, that number was nearly 85%, but they threw 3 of their last 4 first down snaps. I'm not against running, but we're only running like 3-5 play action passes each game, which completely squanders the benefits of such a run happy offense on the passing game.

I also think that our passing patterns suck. I saw several occasions where we had multiple receivers running in the same area and even found some pattern strategies directly off vanilla Madden offenses, like a 5 curl pattern sequence in the 4th quarter. Schottenheimer is known for putting up a good run offense, but he's only had 1 passing offense in the top half (#16 with the Jets in 2008) and we're currently sitting in the low 20s right now. Once we have to play catch up, our offense is no longer designed to get chunks of yards through the air. Even if Russell was playing at his best - I don't think our route tree is giving him enough to work with when we need to throw.

One last note, our defense isn't good enough to play the TOP game in a run heavy offense. We've may have run for over 450 yards in 2 games against the Rams, but we won the TOP by a mere 2:14 over those 2 games. Our defense gave up 924 yards in those games.

Seattle is the only team with a run/pass ratio greater in the run category which is nice but they barely use play action and quick slants. Instead lets call slow pass developing plays where the D is in the back field. Can Shotty look at what the Rams do and try to copy some of that.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is the only team with a run/pass ratio greater in the run category which is nice but they barely use play action and quick slants. Instead lets call slow pass developing plays where the D is in the back field. Can Shotty look at what the Rams do and try to copy some of that.

I doubt it, he's never really been known as an innovator.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well before we beat ourselves in what was wrong and point fingers we really should acknowledge that the Rams have a great offense and they honestly score on everyone. Even on their only loss of the season they scored a hundred points. What I do like is what the offense is doing atleast they show they can move the ball and have chemistry on offense.

Listen I have said this before this will be a rough month and I can honestly see us going 4-7 but finishing the season 8-8 or 7-9. I think we can make a solid run at the playoffs next year when the rams have to let their players go because they cant pay everyone. With the cap space we will have we are in a pretty good situation.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just frustrating to see McVay's offense fly while our offense gets stale too many times

I don't need it to be like LAR's, I'd just like to think that we could get our splits a little more respectable. There's more ways to combat 70% passing that we had in week 1 & 2 than to flip the script and go 70% run.