• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks lodge complaint to NFL about Redskins turf

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Liz_Mathews: BOOM! RT @RapSheet The #Seahawks have now lodged a complaint to @NFL about the #FedEx field that injured @RGIII and Chris Clemons' ACL

What the hell was going on with the condition of the field there? Is that not a solvable problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame them, especially considering one of their players was seriously hurt. It's been bad all season. I heard that they resodded after the 2 college games were played there, but I guess it just didn't take or something. Truth-be-told, it wasn't any good before they resodded it, either. It's been an embarrassment all year long. If Green Bay can have a playable field in January, there is no reason we shouldn't have that here in DC, too.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Both teams should have filed a joint complaint. As I said in the game thread, the league needs to get on the owner to rectify this problem. No way a professional football team in a multi-billion dollar league should play on something that bad.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll says FedEx Field was “horrible” | ProFootballTalk

He believes it was even worse than the condition of Soldier Field two years ago, when the Seahawks faced the Bears in a divisional-round game. “There was just kind of dirt on top of the grass, and there just wasn’t good footing,” Carroll said regarding the condition of FedEx Field.

Among those who experienced the bad footing was Seattle defensive end Chris Clemons. His agent blamed Clemons’ knee injury on the “crappy” condition of the turf.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder is one of the richest, yet cheapest owners in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he cut corners on his playing surface. This is the man that charged people to watch practice, I wouldn't put anything past him.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Heinz field had a bad problem a few yrs back also.
They had a few college games, and then horrible rains, and then tried re-sodding it before a Monday night game.
It was coming up in chunks and shit, and everyone was bitching about it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what Scott Van Pelt said on his show today;

"If you can fine players for not wearing the right socks, you should be able to fine owners for horrible fields."