• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks at Eagles

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think we look at his game quite a bit differently if DK catches that bomb for a TD, a play he absolutely should have made even with the conditions.

I think he should have caught it but it wasn't exactly an easy catch. Especially if the ball is moving around in the air. When you are 6'5", catching balls at your ankles is not easy.

If he catches that ball, the game is probably over. Or if Russ doesn't wildly overthrow Hollister on a 5 yard toss the game is probably over even earlier.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should have caught it but it wasn't exactly an easy catch. Especially if the ball is moving around in the air. When you are 6'5", catching balls at your ankles is not easy.

If he catches that ball, the game is probably over. Or if Russ doesn't wildly overthrow Hollister on a 5 yard toss the game is probably over even earlier.
I definitely think the wind made that ball to Hollister take. I think RW probably could have just kept it and scored pretty easily too.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think the wind made that ball to Hollister take. I think RW probably could have just kept it and scored pretty easily too.

The Hollister miss was a throw that Russ makes 99 out of 100 times. Just one of those weird things that happens sometimes. And I agree it looked like he could have also ran it in, but since Hollister standing in the back of the endzone all by himself it made sense for Wilson to just lob it to him there. Oh well, it didn't end up killing us so it's water under the bridge now.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm late to the party because I just don't post much on game day, but a great win yesterday in Philly. The team didn't play great, but I felt they had control pretty much the whole time and it was just a matter of by how much they would win. It should have been about 30-9 or so because when you take the ball away 5 times, you should put up a lot more than 17 points, but the offensive penalties, drops, and conditions (wind) gave us serious challenges to capitalize.

I had some anxiety when I heard Clowney was out, but the DL still had a pretty good day despite both that and Reed going down. The secondary was also excellent, and I don't think Wentz really challenged them at all until the final handful of minutes of the game when it was pretty much over. Overall another really strong performance by the D. Once is an accident, 2 is a trend.

I guess we have to have growing concerns about Carson's ball security, and it's really too bad because he's such a hard runner and great fit for our offense. That 2nd fumble appeared to me like he expected Russell to pull it back for play action. Penny hasn't had too many opportunities to produce, but today he did and showed why we liked him enough to use a 1st on him. If this fumbling thing is something Carson cannot overcome, I think very soon we will be glad we have Penny.

Not a bad deal at all to see GB get stomped last night because it increases our odds to get the #1 seed, and it also makes me feel better about what we did down there a couple weeks ago. Now we are in a position where if we take care of business from here, at worst we're the 2 seed. Lots of big games coming up though.

Russ says he audibles out of a pass play to a run play on the Second Carson fumble. Russ says that that fumble was on him because he did not make sure everybody knew the play changed

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ says he audibles out of a pass play to a run play on the Second Carson fumble. Russ says that that fumble was on him because he did not make sure everybody knew the play changed
Makes sense....and I totally expected Russell to take the blame either way.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one was flexed out of the SNF slot, and I'm thinking the game with the Rams on Dec 8th will be as well. 49ers vs Saints is looking like a way better matchup.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one was flexed out of the SNF slot, and I'm thinking the game with the Rams on Dec 8th will be as well. 49ers vs Saints is looking like a way better matchup.

They can't flex the 9er's vs Saints game as per NFL flex rules. Only afternoon games are eligible to be flexed and that game is an early one.

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101
  • Begins Sunday of Week 5
  • In effect during Weeks 5-17
  • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
  • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
  • No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
  • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
  • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
  • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
  • NFL schedules all games.
  • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

NFL Flexible Scheduling

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a thread on Twitter this morning from GMFB asking about other guys in the mix. I think they showed pics of Dak (which is okay but way behind the other 2 imo) and then fucking Aaron Rodgers name comes up again. Of course, all the idiots come out of the woodwork posting AR's stats and the Packers being 9-2 and shit. The dude is seriously like 8th on my list of candidates and not even the MVP of his own team. It's truly pathetic the nut hugging the media gives the guy.

Aaron Rodgers has ONE GREAT game this year, and everyone is sucking him off. Most overrated MVP candidate in NFL history at this point. He's done fuck all basically every game (some good ones granted) outside of KCs craptacular defense and penis face Gruden's team.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't flex the 9er's vs Saints game as per NFL flex rules. Only afternoon games are eligible to be flexed and that game is an early one.

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101
  • Begins Sunday of Week 5
  • In effect during Weeks 5-17
  • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
  • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
  • No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
  • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
  • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
  • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
  • NFL schedules all games.
  • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

NFL Flexible Scheduling
I read those rules too....but I guess my question is what is the definition of an afternoon game? Does it go by eastern or pacific? Every game on Sunday kicks off after noon on the east coast. The 6th bullet of those rules tells me that 1pm eastern kickoffs are eligible to be flexed into SNF, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read those rules too....but I guess my question is what is the definition of an afternoon game? Does it go by eastern or pacific? Every game on Sunday kicks off after noon on the east coast. The 6th bullet of those rules tells me that 1pm eastern kickoffs are eligible to be flexed into SNF, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Well, the whole rules list is written using "ET" as it's default time zone so I'd have to assume they go by that. If they didn't use that as their default timezone there really would be no reason to have their 4th rule about only using afternoon games in the flex schedule.

Plus, I think it would be highly, extremely, unlikely that the NFL would flex a second Seahawk game in 3 three weeks even if the rules permitted it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the whole rules list is written using "ET" as it's default time zone so I'd have to assume they go by that. If they didn't use that as their default timezone there really would be no reason to have their 4th rule about only using afternoon games in the flex schedule.

Plus, I think it would be highly, extremely, unlikely that the NFL would flex a second Seahawk game in 3 three weeks even if the rules permitted it.
So 1pm is not in the afternoon according to the NFL?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers has ONE GREAT game this year, and everyone is sucking him off. Most overrated MVP candidate in NFL history at this point. He's done fuck all basically every game (some good ones granted) outside of KCs craptacular defense and penis face Gruden's team.
Absolutely agree Shark. The dudes name constantly comes up from the talking heads and he has literally done nothing special for years. Most over rated QB in history. Great player but fuck the love affair from the media is worse than GnG on the hoop.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 1pm is not in the afternoon according to the NFL?

Actually, it appears that you are right. They can move a 1:00 pm ET game to the late slot. I read more on the link I provided and that is the exact kind of example they give.

"For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET."

It also says they must announce it 12 days prior to flexing the game. So that means they'd need to announce if they will flex us out of another game by Wednesday of this week.

I still find it extremely unlikely they would do that to Seattle twice in 3 weeks. Especially since we are just as much in the hunt for a 1st round by as the other two teams.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it appears that you are right. They can move a 1:00 pm ET game to the late slot. I read more on the link I provided and that is the exact kind of example they give.

"For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET."

It also says they must announce it 12 days prior to flexing the game. So that means they'd need to announce if they will flex us out of another game by Wednesday of this week.

I still find it extremely unlikely they would do that to Seattle twice in 3 weeks. Especially since we are just as much in the hunt for a 1st round by as the other two teams.
I'm glad we'll know by Wed because I have to sell either the Vikings game or the Rams game, and the kickoff of the Rams game will determine which ones I give to friends (due to their schedule on Sunday) and which ones I sell.

Another good matchup on the 8th is KC vs NE. Reigning MVP vs Brady. I could see them ditching us for that one too.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners played a good game tonight.

They did, but that doesnt change my point. Ive watched 4 niners games now and almost every completion he makes is in the middle of the field. He is incredibly inaccurate throwing outside the hashes.

He struggled against us because i think our coaches recognized that, the packers didnt.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did, but that doesnt change my point. Ive watched 4 niners games now and almost every completion he makes is in the middle of the field. He is incredibly inaccurate throwing outside the hashes.

He struggled against us because i think our coaches recognized that, the packers didnt.
I think our coaches were really smart yesterday with Ertz and I think you play SF in a similar way. Shut down Kittle with at least double and clog up the middle of the field. Make JG force the ball to the outside receivers and I think you might see similarities to Wentz. Besides Sanders, the Niner receivers are nothing special, imo.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are definitely playing like they want to get flexed out of SNF.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks and 49ers keep playing at this level you can pretty much bet the week 17 game is flexed into prime time. The week 17 games can be flexed as late as 6 days before game time. That game might decide the #1 seed AND the NFC West winner.