• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks at Eagles

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty quiet in here regarding this big upcoming game for both teams. Seems like we used up all our excitement on the Niners game. Well, with the game only 2 days away now it's time to get hyped up and discuss how we think this game will go.

My thinking is that Philly can be had but they remain a very dangerous team. They showed poorly against a Patriot team that gave a below average effort itself. So I think we have a better than average shot at going on the road, in a now early start, and getting this crucial win.

My main concerns are not letting Ertz-Wentz get hot early and getting Lockett back. We have trouble with defending all passing, but short routes to TE's is particularly bad. And Ertz is one of the top 5 TEs in the game IMO. So he needs to be dealt with. And it would improve the Hawk's chances greatly if Lockett is back and more or less his normal self for this game. I like having Gordon too, but he hasn't yet shown me much as a full time Seahawk receiver. Hopefully they both contribute a lot, and if Lockett is back I think it helps both of their chances of doing good because it'll be tough to cover both of them consistently.

I predict a high score in this game somewhere in the neighborhood of 32-27.

Go Hawks!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN breakdown:

Seahawks (8-2) at Eagles (5-5)
Sunday, 1 p.m. ET | Fox
Matchup rating: 71.6 | Spread: PHI -1 (48)

What to watch for: While standout right tackle Lane Johnson remains in concussion protocol, the Eagles have been working rookie Andre Dillard, who has been trained at left tackle, on the right side in anticipation of Johnson's absence. Seattle defensive end Jadeveon Clowney lines up mostly on that side, which could make for a hairy day for Carson Wentz. -- Tim McManus
Bold prediction: The Seahawks will sack Wentz four times. That qualifies as bold for a pass rush that was a major disappointment until it got to Jimmy Garoppolo five times two weeks ago. The Seahawks are coming off a bye and finally have something close to the pass rush they envisioned with Quinton Jefferson healthy, Jarran Reed rounding into form and Clowney continuing to dominate. -- Brady Henderson

Stat to know: Seahawks running back Chris Carson has recorded a rushing touchdown in each of his past three road games. The only Seattle players to do so in four consecutive road games over the past 15 seasons are Shaun Alexander (seven straight in 2005) and Marshawn Lynch (four straight in 2011).

What to know for fantasy: Eagles tight end Zach Ertz is the only tight end to have caught at least nine passes in consecutive games this season, and three of the top four tight end performances against the Seahawks this season have come away from Seattle. See Week 12 rankings.

Betting nugget: Seattle has covered in seven straight games as a road underdog, including the playoffs. It is 3-0 outright this season as a road underdog. Read more.

Henderson's pick: Seahawks 27, Eagles 21
McManus' pick: Seahawks 28, Eagles 20
FPI prediction: PHI, 56.5% (by an average of 2.2 points)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles WRs have been hot trash for most of the season. They don't really have a deep threat to speak of. So the defense really needs to key on Wentz and the other TEs.

Wilson SHOULD be able to feast on the Eagles defense provided the weather isn't complete shit, which it might be.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning on the road in the NFL is always a challenge, but I'm struggling to understand what is dangerous about the Eagles. Wentz is good, but their WR corps is lacking, especially w/o Desean Jackson. Now they're also going to be without their best O-lineman it appears? We have scored 27+ in 8 of the last 9 games. I don't know why this game would be different, and I also don't see the Eagles being able to put up that many. I think we should win something like 30-17.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning on the road in the NFL is always a challenge, but I'm struggling to understand what is dangerous about the Eagles. Wentz is good, but their WR corps is lacking, especially w/o Desean Jackson. Now they're also going to be without their best O-lineman it appears? We have scored 27+ in 8 of the last 9 games. I don't know why this game would be different, and I also don't see the Eagles being able to put up that many. I think we should win something like 30-17.
Last week they kept Tom Brady pretty much in check all game. So I think they can always be hard to beat. Plus it's an early game in the East. We haven't really had a big problem with that in the Wilson-Carroll era but starting early definitely doesn't help Seattle in any way either.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't the Philly WR's really banged up right now too? Could be the perfect time to play them. Still bummed we got bumped from the Sunday night time slot but we've been playing pretty well in the 10am games as of late.

This should be a good game for us, and at the end of the day, we should still be undefeated on the road. With that being said, I also expect to be holding my breath throughout.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week they kept Tom Brady pretty much in check all game. So I think they can always be hard to beat. Plus it's an early game in the East. We haven't really had a big problem with that in the Wilson-Carroll era but starting early definitely doesn't help Seattle in any way either.
I suppose they did, but right now Tom Brady is 27th in passer rating. He's on track to post one of the worst ratings of his career. And I am a firm believer each game is different and it's a week to week league, but if Philly's work against Brady gets to carry over then it's fair that ours against SF does as well... and I for sure hope that's the case.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Patriots offense is not all that great.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Eagles are in that category with the Bucs and Cards in that they can put a whopping on you if you fall asleep on them.

So it's a dangerous game for the Hawks especially on the road at 10am against a team with it's back against the wall.

Hawks should win but I wouldn't consider it much of an upset if they lost either especially with how on the edge they've taken their games this season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the Hawks record after a bye week? that stat is telling. I think the Hawks have a solid chance to win this game and if that defense we saw playing against the 49ers show up it will be a fun time for use Seahawks fans.

Still this will be another HARD fought game and we will need our pace makers handy

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly's D has been solid since their starting CBs have been back. Their WRs are beat up but Ertz and Goedert could do some serious work if the Eagles can force the right matchups.

Still like Seattle here with the Eagles O line beat up and Russ being Russ, but it would not surprise me if they came out and punched Seattle in the mouth out of the gate.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks should win but I wouldn't consider it much of an upset if they lost either especially with how on the edge they've taken their games this season.

I respect that but the Eagles are favored in this game...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are in that category with the Bucs and Cards in that they can put a whopping on you if you fall asleep on them.

So it's a dangerous game for the Hawks especially on the road at 10am against a team with it's back against the wall.

Those East coast early road games are a little tough for us West coast teams... I was pretty miffed they took us out of the Sunday night spot, I mean I get it, 49rs vs the Pack is the sexier matchup, but those 10AM starts suck :mad2:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaaaaand, now Clowney is officially ruled out. Fuck.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like to see Shotty call some shots deep today. Eagles secondary has played a little better but still isn't that good.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Eagles refs wont be as biased as those 49er fuckhead piece of shit 'fixing the game' refs!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, how many INTs are we gonna drop!?

Regardless, phew... 49ers refs would've been throwing 50 flags.