• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Frost & Nebraska looking elsewhere for this season

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett-Gilbert-QB-draw.gif

From the beginning to the end.. Texas owns Nebraska.. You can check us out this fall on TV

And then when you’re done eating a dick add one more second on the clock and eat more dick

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO the thing that keeps Nebraska from playing 10 OOC games is that the BiG has not cancelled the season so until they do then playing more than three games would violate the NCAA's limit of total games ... it is not the conference that limits practices/game but the NCAA while the conferences regulate within the NCAA limits ... so they would not be allowed to put themselves in the position of violating the NCAA limits or conference contracts. Either way we will get our best look at the behind the scenes view of how conferences operate and I find that fascinating.

I'm no expert either, but i'd bet you're pretty damn close to correct on this one. I said yesterday that over the past few days, while Nebraska was looking at how they were going to put together a schedule, etc. their lawyers were going over all of the bylaws and contracts looking for any loophole they could find.

It looks like they didn't find one.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no expert either, but i'd bet you're pretty damn close to correct on this one. I said yesterday that over the past few days, while Nebraska was looking at how they were going to put together a schedule, etc. their lawyers were going over all of the bylaws and contracts looking for any loophole they could find.

It looks like they didn't find one.

I largely figured they wouldn't but at the same time this is kind of unchartered waters. Even in WWII college football was played and I don't recall a season being suspended or canceled, definitely not since television rights. Granted that you have to plan for unprecedented situations but those are the ones that you may feel a bit confident to give a little there to get something somewhere else.

It looks like the conferences have full and total control of scheduling ... I was curious if the conference could set/bar OOC play ... and it appears so, at least in this circumstance. Now I am curious as to the tv contract monies, and the ramifications when they are renegotiated. IMHO the BiG/PAC may suffer in this regard IF the SEC/Big10/ACC plays in the fall. What will be the effects on ratings IF three of the P5 have already played and seniors/underclassmen skip their last season for the draft(and the teams' play will be relatively not as good as expected)?

On the bright side, we could have almost nonstop NCAAF from SEP to JUN 'ish.