• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schotty fired

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this signing works out and he can bring things to the table I don't believe teams are as deep in rivalry as us fans are I am sure the seahawks reached out to the Rams and they talked about how great of a candidate Shane was in helping McVay in the offensive scheme.

I do not blame Schotty for much of failures I feel not enough blame gets put on Wilson because the Rams DL crushing us has been a thing that's been happening from when Wilson was a rookie. I do not doubt that Schotty did have other ideas on moving the ball and Wilson preferred the bombs to DK. I liked what he has done with our run game which was honestly a joke since Marshawn left. I know Carson battles with injuries a lot but they really didn't do him and this team favors only giving him 15 carries a game roughly. Again I believe there is an element of Russ wanting the offense to be 60% him and 40% everyone else

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this signing works out and he can bring things to the table I don't believe teams are as deep in rivalry as us fans are I am sure the seahawks reached out to the Rams and they talked about how great of a candidate Shane was in helping McVay in the offensive scheme.

I do not blame Schotty for much of failures I feel not enough blame gets put on Wilson because the Rams DL crushing us has been a thing that's been happening from when Wilson was a rookie. I do not doubt that Schotty did have other ideas on moving the ball and Wilson preferred the bombs to DK. I liked what he has done with our run game which was honestly a joke since Marshawn left. I know Carson battles with injuries a lot but they really didn't do him and this team favors only giving him 15 carries a game roughly. Again I believe there is an element of Russ wanting the offense to be 60% him and 40% everyone else
That's the biggest knock against RW at times... He doesn't take what the defense gives him - resulting in unnecessary, preventable sacks. He tends to hold onto the ball too long looking for the big plays downfield... He was definitely part of the issue this year with the offense...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like Waldron was Russ' preferred choice. Not sure if that is good or bad. Could be either.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like Waldron was Russ' preferred choice. Not sure if that is good or bad. Could be either.
Yup. Guess we'll see how that goes.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As i said...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who brought him here, just give me an offense that resembles what the Rams have.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's with Goff. Add Russ + that creativity and lets see what happens.

It's also skewed by the ridiculous start to the season we had.

Over the last 9 games we averaged 22.8 points and one of those games was the 40 we hung on NYJ, which skews even more.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also skewed by the ridiculous start to the season we had.

Over the last 9 games we averaged 22.8 points and one of those games was the 40 we hung on NYJ, which skews even more.
However the real point was that the Rams offense hasn’t been that great last couple of seasons.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup and we don't know how they do with a different QB. I

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess better
Easy enough to identify Goff as medicore, but their OL holds some responsibility for not be all that great and likely gets worse this next season. Lets see if they can keep Stafford upright and healthy.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy enough to identify Goff as medicore, but their OL holds some responsibility for not be all that great and likely gets worse this next season. Lets see if they can keep Stafford upright and healthy.
Well luckily for us, we happen to have a QB who tends to thrive on playaction even when his Oline leaks like a waterballoon in a blackberry bush.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better then 22nd in the league...likely I guess, but I don't see that offense as great. :rolleyes:

No Harold they were not great but they were inventive and confusing for defenses. All the pre-snap motion to get players into better positions based on the defense is HUGE! Now up the talent level on the offensive side and i think that takes that play calling to another level. I fully expect better match-ups for our duel threat of Lockett and Metcalf and with their success comes a running game that teams will also have to respect.

If Goff can have Probowl seasons at QB in that offense just imagine what Wilson could do. Also i am excited for the fact that a good designed RB screen game will make a return to the Seahawks.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Schotty has a new gig as the Jacksonville passing coordinator.