• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

School Me on Macs

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My middle daughter has a MacBook she uses for school. Around Christmas, she picked up her laptop, but left a headset plugged in that got caught on something and then shot forward and hit the screen when it dislodged. The computer was four months old, but that issue not covered. Cost to fix $500.
Official apple support will overcharge and tell you things can't be fixed/recovered that can easily be fixed/recovered. If you must own an apple product, do yourself a favor and look for 3rd party shops. If you can't find a halfway decent one in your area, look at Lous Rossmann and his rossmanngroup site. You can mail him devices for repair and still save money on what apple will charge you.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our PC is over 10 years old and on it's way out. I'd like to replace it with a Mac, but I'm not exactly sure which one. We don't game or anything. The wife will use it to store pictures, do her Shutterfly stuff and other things that our ipads can't do.

Any info or insight will most likely be appreciated.
Based on how you're planning on using it, you'd be wasting a lot of money buying a Mac. I wouldn't even recommend getting a high end Windows computer.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our PC is over 10 years old and on it's way out. I'd like to replace it with a Mac, but I'm not exactly sure which one. We don't game or anything. The wife will use it to store pictures, do her Shutterfly stuff and other things that our ipads can't do.

I wouldn’t spend the money on a Mac. I have one, but one of the biggest features amongst that I find useful for it is how I’m able to move seamlessly from device to device to work on projects and the like. You’d probably be best going with a low end laptop or even chrome book.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mac is better for Pr0n, or, uh, at least that's what I heard

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two all beef patties
Special Sauce
Lettuce
Cheese
Pickles
Onions
on a Sesame Seed bun

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Macs are a cult.