• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schefter: Greg Roman interested in Boston College HC vacancy

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
On NFL Countdown he said 5 current/former NFL OC's have expressed interest in the job, including Roman.

The others were Pete Carmichael, Jr. (Saints), Mike Sullivan (Bucs), Kevin Gilbride (Giants) and Chris Palmer (formerly of the Titans).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Lombardi also had Greg Roman on his list of potential head coaching candidates. Along with Rob Chudzkinski (CAR OC), Mike McCoy (DEN DC), Chip Kelly, and Jon Gruden. Last week he had Vic Fangio on his list with different candidates.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, I can understand the want and need to progress in your career and reach the next level but I really like what he has done as far as forming a balanced attack that plays to our players strengths. I just hope whoever replaces him is as or more effective. Thats the price you pay for being successful I suppose.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Lombardi also had Greg Roman on his list of potential head coaching candidates. Along with Rob Chudzkinski (CAR OC), Mike McCoy (DEN DC), Chip Kelly, and Jon Gruden. Last week he had Vic Fangio on his list with different candidates.

I would think Chud's HC chances in the NFL have diminished since last year.

Chip Kelly is an interesting name. He has done wonders at Cincinnati and Notre Dame. He turned that program around in just 2 years and now has them in the National Championship game.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our success makes losing folks inevitable. I don't know our staff that well but it seems like Geep Chryst gives us a back up on O. No idea on defense.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there goes the idea of Roman taking Alex Smith with him to his new job.

I hope this team wins at least 1 Super Bowl before the coaching staff moves on, at least another ring justifies losing coordinators.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gore is the man TD

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope this team wins at least 1 Super Bowl before the coaching staff moves on, at least another ring justifies losing coordinators.

Didn't Alex leave as a junior? If so he has one more year of eligibility.

And yes, I'm joking.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman can roll. I think he's replaceable with Harbs on staff and I'm not totally sold on him as the reason are offense does well. Too many times he gets fancy on offense and doesn't get a game plan to change quick enough when things aren't working.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong thread. smh

LMAO

tumblr_lpzg6qGDxy1qcs1kh.gif

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman can roll. I think he's replaceable with Harbs on staff and I'm not totally sold on him as the reason are offense does well. Too many times he gets fancy on offense and doesn't get a game plan to change quick enough when things aren't working.

This. I think he replaceable. Harbs still has the play book. I guess only thing I would worry about I's the history they have.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't Alex leave as a junior? If so he has one more year of eligibility.

And yes, I'm joking.

This was my thought as well, he'd do well in college again. ;)

People were saying Gruden was using the Tennessee job offer to up his MNF contract or bring interest in the NFL. But I can't see Roman being able to use college to help his pro career, so I think he might actually want the job. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone PLEASE sign gruden to a head coaching job. PLEASE!