• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB Nation 2019 Consensus Mock Draft

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been posting this as a thread over on the main Broncos message board for a few years in a row and just now realized that I didn't do it here as well. It has been a fun and interesting tool to me for a bit. But they have a seriously tight-assed group of mods over there so I can understand if people over here don't feel like putting up with that. Here's the intro from the article and a link:

SB Nation NFL Consensus Mock 2019
The 2019 Mock Draft Database by Adam Stites
https://www.sbnation.com/a/nfl-offse...019/mock-draft

The NFL Draft is about as unpredictable as sports get. Last year, draft experts couldn’t even nail the first pick.

In our survey of 97 mock drafts ahead of the 2018 NFL Draft, the majority projected the Cleveland Browns would take Sam Darnold at No. 1 overall. Josh Allen got the second-most votes pairing him with the Browns. Instead, Baker Mayfield was the pick — something only three of the experts surveyed predicted would happen.

Still, there’s power and a little more accuracy that comes with numbers. Saquon Barkley to the Giants, Quenton Nelson to the Colts, Allen to the Bills, Leighton Vander Esch to the Cowboys, D.J. Moore to the Panthers, and Rashaan Evans to the Titans were all the most popular predictions before they became realities.

So stick around here to see the direction that experts are predicting each team will go in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft.

Methodology
This database will be updated consistently until draft day.
Players selected less than eight percent of the time fall into the “others” category. That threshold may change as more mock drafts are added.
Mock drafts that include trades are not included.
All of the mock drafts used are listed at the bottom.

wLNLAP8.jpg

Last edited:

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here's the latest list of picks and their percentages for the Broncos:

FbnhSQy.jpg

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The national perspective is that the Broncos will take a quarterback at number 10. Listening to the local sports talk here in Denver, the consensus is that the Broncos will not take a quarterback at number 10. I tend to lean toward the local viewpoint. I really think Elway believes that Flacco can be the man for a year or two and will try to find the QOTF in next year's draft. The Broncos will arguably pick up a developmental QB in the mid to late rounds this year as well. I just don't get a sense that the Broncos are in love with one of these guys with their first round pick.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The national perspective is that the Broncos will take a quarterback at number 10. Listening to the local sports talk here in Denver, the consensus is that the Broncos will not take a quarterback at number 10. I tend to lean toward the local viewpoint. I really think Elway believes that Flacco can be the man for a year or two and will try to find the QOTF in next year's draft. The Broncos will arguably pick up a developmental QB in the mid to late rounds this year as well. I just don't get a sense that the Broncos are in love with one of these guys with their first round pick.

I don't either, and these mocks tend to lag behind. Especially this one as it is a consensus of many mocks that are released over a period of time. They had an OT in there at #10 even after we signed one via Free Agency and (I think) an OT at #10 would have been an unnecessary reach anyway. I think part of it is, as you alluded to, that the national media really doesn't know how to figure Flacco into the mix and they're assuming that he's just an immediate placeholder.