• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sanu to the Pats

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont understand why people are thinking this is crazy?
The Pats often give up high draft picks for players. If the pats has multiple 2nd rounders. They would rather have a vet presence to go along with rookies that are learning. They do this all the time. All they have done is be at the top or near top of the food chain the past 20 years. Dont know how long Brady will be around, but I assume the team will continue to reload with players vs. draft picks as long as he stays playing. I just see this as the same ol' same ol'

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

giphy.gif
See this is exactly what I mean.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the move. Always a fan of sanu.

Win/win

Solid player...not the fastest or best hands, but reliable and effective, pretty smart player. Does all the dirty work in between hash marks and can play outside as well. Should do well in NE.

With Ridley firmly entrenched as the #2, Sanu was simply making too much for a 1-6 squad as a WR3. They have a kid Russell Gage they expect to be the WR3 going forward and that likely was going to be the case next yr so a top 70 pick for him was good for ATL.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF needs some wideouts, but I would be upset if they traded a second for Sanu….(hypothetical of course, since SF already traded their 2nd for Dee Ford....which was a great move by the 49ers)

This trade is my 3rd win in 2 days.

Pats rout Jets.

JT wins again.

Sanu comes to Pats....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true I dont agree... 32 years old coming off Achilles? That's a lot of draft capital.

IDK...I think this is a good trade.

I hear ya on the draft capital, but they do get back a 5th rd pick and imo there's a good chance they can extend him for moderate money on the short term deal if they so choose. As far as the injury...it's not effecting him now...at best SF is looking for a one yr rental....if they get anymore than that, it's a bonus,

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont understand why people are thinking this is crazy?
The Pats often give up high draft picks for players. If the pats has multiple 2nd rounders. They would rather have a vet presence to go along with rookies that are learning. They do this all the time. All they have done is be at the top or near top of the food chain the past 20 years. Dont know how long Brady will be around, but I assume the team will continue to reload with players vs. draft picks as long as he stays playing. I just see this as the same ol' same ol'

They don't have multiple 2nd rounders from what I'm seeing.

I have no doubt Sanu will flourish in that system but a 2nd is still real high for a 30 year old slot WR.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF needs some wideouts, but I would be upset if they traded a second for Sanu….(hypothetical of course, since SF already traded their 2nd for Dee Ford....which was a great move by the 49ers)

2nd rd is steep for Sanu.

The difference is NE is not overly concerned about that pick. Granted it's a top 100 player from the draft, but they have a 3rd, a couple of 4ths.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no doubt Sanu will flourish in that system but a 2nd is still real high for a 30 year old slot WR.

If the first part of that sentence works out, they will go deep into the playoffs if not win it again...they can afford to give up a pick in the 62 to 64 range overall.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, they gave up the 64th pick in the draft for a solid 30 yr old professional that is under team control through next season. The Patriots have multiple 3rd round picks for the next draft if what I heard on the radio this morning is accurate so they can package picks to move up if there is someone they are really hot get.

I like this deal :thumb:

edit: he is not just a slot receiver, he might not be a burner that can go over the top, but he can go outside and he can go deep. Excellent blocker as well.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know. thought someone here mentioned that (the 2nd rders)
I always joked when they would give up a 1st for someone. Shit the pats dont like 1st round picks anyways LOL.
Didnt they give up a 1st for Cooks? then got rid of him later. I dont disagree the 2nd rd. pick is high. but BB seems to find a player he needs for right now & makes it work. Sanu has good hands & wont be asked to be a #1 WR. I dont think BB cares about what a player is worth 5 yrs from now. but what he can do for his team right now. So I cant argue with his track record. I dont see why Sanu wont do well for the Pats. I think all BB cares about is staying on top right now.
Some told you with no names mentioned. Would you take a quality player that will help your team for a late 2nd round pick. Would you do it?
Think most people would say yes.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the first part of that sentence works out, they will go deep into the playoffs if not win it again...they can afford to give up a pick in the 62 to 64 range overall.
True. It might work out really well. Doesn't mean it isn't a high price. Just means it's a high price for high reward.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, they gave up the 64th pick in the draft for a solid 30 yr old professional that is under team control through next season. The Patriots have multiple 3rd round picks for the next draft if what I heard on the radio this morning is accurate so they can package picks to move up if there is someone they are really hot get.

I like this deal :thumb:

edit: he is not just a slot receiver, he might not be a burner that can go over the top, but he can go outside and he can go deep. Excellent blocker as well.

Nothing to not like about Sanu for what he is. You're right, he probably plays a different role in NE.

Pats have 3 projected third rounders but two are comp picks that I don't believe are tradeable (heard that might be changing though).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. It might work out really well. Doesn't mean it isn't a high price. Just means it's a high price for high reward.

No question...but for a team in this position giving up a pick that will probably amount to 62 to 64th overall...they can afford it more than say a team like...BUF.

Secondly, if they really want to get back into the bottom of the 2nd round, they have some extra draft capital to make it happen.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to not like about Sanu for what he is. You're right, he probably plays a different role in NE.

Pats have 3 projected third rounders but two are comp picks that I don't believe are tradeable (heard that might be changing though).

You can trade comp picks now.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you take a quality player that will help your team for a late 2nd round pick. Would you do it?
Think most people would say yes.

Probably, but I'm just not sure you have to give up a 2nd to get that. That's all I'm saying.

Not that Seattle really knows much about that. They've had their fair share of giving up way too much for middle of the road WR talent that doesn't pan out Branch, Rice, TJ Housh, etc. I think this does end up okay for the Pats.