• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sandberg's "creativity" is getting annoying

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, before I complain about anything, I do want to acknowledge that the Phillies have played great, and could easily be 3-1, and for the most part, I think Ryne Sandberg is a really good manager. However, starting Jayson Nix three damns days in a row is ridiculous. The guy has a career 75 OPS+, and no matter how much better you think he is better with the glove than Hernandez, Cesar is clearly the better and younger (who we should be more worried about keeping fresh) player, and he has deserved to start. I understand Nix getting a start for 1 game, but three straight days in a row is just stupid. When Galvis gets back, I really hope Nix is the one optioned. Someone is bound to get injured at some point, and if it is Revere, Rollins, Utley, or Asche, Hernandez should get the first chance to play in their place.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have been told repeatedly that Hernandez can not play short or third due to a weak throwing arm.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played 46 games in the minors at shortstop (albeit most came in '07). I can't imagine it killing us for a game here or there. He can compensate for his arm by charging the ball and using a quick release. He has good range regardless of where he plays.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm all for it. Hell, play him enough at short so Rollins' option doesn't vest. I really want Hernandez, Brown, Asche, and Franco to succeed. It will greatly improve the Phillies chance of rebuilding on the fly.