• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Darnold for MVP

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a dude. That's literal the super book in Vegas' odds
I was more referring to the guy writing the article but a Vegas book having Darnold there isn't all that surprising when you look at who is above him on the list. I don't know if it's much of anything other than an opening line to reel in some sucker bets

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to my previous post, despite what Darnold is or isn't, nobody playing for Adam Gase has a snowballs chance in hell of winning an MVP, imo

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww Sam Darnold....

giphy.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you rather have, Darnold or Mayfield?

Yes in this scenario you have to choose one lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you rather have, Darnold or Mayfield?

Yes in this scenario you have to choose one lol.
Well... hmm.... damn

I wanna say Darnold because we haven't seen him get much talent built around him. That team has always been somewhat of a dumpster fire, and the coach is definitely not going to be around long. But I admit I haven't been watching him as much as Baker lol.

Baker has had more talent around him. His results both reflect & contradict that fact. lol.

So I guess I gotta say that with the level of uncertainty around Darnold makes him appear to have a little more upside. But I couldn't honestly say that the results would be any better if you put Darnold in Cleveland. Too many factors in play to make that statement.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is.... trubisky n Jeff driskel make a play or two here n there too....
Truth. Doesn't feel like it was very long ago that names like Trevor Siemian, Mike Glennon, and even Ryan Fitzpatrick have been touted as something "special". Or at least they had been proclaimed to have "upside". Fitzpatrick is a little more of a known commodity though.

It is interesting that throw in the video I posted doesn't get any attention. But I get your point... when the larger scope of work is nothing but mediocrity they tend not to buy it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. Doesn't feel like it was very long ago that names like Trevor Siemian, Mike Glennon, and even Ryan Fitzpatrick have been touted as something "special". Or at least they had been proclaimed to have "upside". Fitzpatrick is a little more of a known commodity though.

It is interesting that throw in the video I posted doesn't get any attention. But I get your point... when the larger scope of work is nothing but mediocrity they tend not to buy it.
Yeah I mean when great guys do great things... we see it.
When u have a horrible game and make 1 throw, who cares.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam darnold is not THE problem , he’s part of it

Going to have to build around Darnold like the Browns are doing with Mayfield. It's an organization that even if they find a franchise QB, they will find a way to fuck the situation up. The Browns seem to have at least tried to make moves within the front office to change in the right direction and Haslem seems to be kind of staying out of the things...I have not seen that step from the Jets. Until they change things within the organization (not players), this team will continue to be a bottom feeder, gotta see steps at least.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to have to build around Darnold like the Browns are doing with Mayfield. It's an organization that even if they find a franchise QB, they will find a way to fuck the situation up. The Browns seem to have at least tried to make moves within the front office to change in the right direction and Haslem seems to be kind of staying out of the things...I have not seen that step from the Jets. Until they change things within the organization (not players), this team will continue to be a bottom feeder, gotta see steps at least.
Right. But there have been very few “yes “ moments from Sam darnold

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. But there have been very few “yes “ moments from Sam darnold

Agree, as well as problems in the organization I don't see him panning out regardless. He just isn't the guy. The Jets could very well end up with the #1 pick and you have to go Lawrence or Fields with that pick. I would also consider making a total 360 in the front office and head coach.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, as well as problems in the organization I don't see him panning out regardless. He just isn't the guy. The Jets could very well end up with the #1 pick and you have to go Lawrence or Fields with that pick. I would also consider making a total 360 in the front office and head coach.
I've been thinking it's a toss-up between them and the Giants for that #1 pick but even when the Jets are that bad, they seem to manage to win a game that takes them out of that #1. They can't even seem to fuck things up properly, lol. They definitely need to get rid of Gase and get their house in order or drafting high won't ever matter.