• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints targeting Harvin?

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I by myself in thinking that the Saints kind of tried to knock Harvin out of the game (and not in a clean way)? I could be way off base here, but from the first hit I felt they were trying to hurt him.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see the replay on the play that Harvin got knocked out. It really looked to me like the dude got him with a forearm to the head and he went out of the way to do it. But even if that isn't the case they were obviously targeting him.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I by myself in thinking that the Saints kind of tried to knock Harvin out of the game (and not in a clean way)? I could be way off base here, but from the first hit I felt they were trying to hurt him.

That first hit, although a obvious penalty now, would not of been a flag 3-4 years ago. They def wanted to set the tone to the WR group as a whole, but to say they were deliberatly trying to hurt him didn't seem to be the case. I would take a 15 yard penalty early in the game all the time to set that tone. I just don't think that was the right place for it, 3rd down on a ball he was dropping already...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints were targeting in general but I can't blame them. The only chance they had was to come out and play smash mouth D and hit as hard as possible... I don't think they were intentionally trying to injure but definitely get in Seattle's heads and beat them up, and it worked to some degree. Our receivers were gun shy the whole game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes they targeted Harvin. I was getting ticked.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush will definitely get a letter from the league office saying he has a fine to pay. If Harvin doesn't take that first big hit he probably wouldn't have felt that endzone shot as bad. But he was already hurt from the first one so that last shot finished him off.

The way the league is with concussions now I doubt we see him next week. Good chance for the SB if we are fortunate enough to make it that far.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A hit to the head happens but 2 hits to the head on the same guy is a trend. I hope Harvin will be ok and ready to go next week.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing it live on site, there was no question the first hit was dirty as hell; the second one looked pretty dirty live, but the replay made it look at least slightly legit.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they were trying to knock Harvin out of game. To be expected. Hope he's alright.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course that is what that hit was,it was a message to not only Harvin but the tempo,was it cheap and scummy? yeah.

But that's football or any sport,it happens.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played premier soccer for a few years and two coaches had guys to take me out and one coach threw a clipboard at me,it happens,to be honest it means you are that much a threat and next time you wish to prove them all wrong.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No different then their title run. They were playing like underdogs.

I was furious after that play but I gotta give 'em props, they showed up to do battle. It's do or die time and they played like it.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, you're not alone. That first hit was pretty awesome though. Like someone already said, there was a time not long ago when we just called that a good hit, not a cheap shot/penalty...

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first hit, although a obvious penalty now, would not of been a flag 3-4 years ago. They def wanted to set the tone to the WR group as a whole, but to say they were deliberatly trying to hurt him didn't seem to be the case. I would take a 15 yard penalty early in the game all the time to set that tone. I just don't think that was the right place for it, 3rd down on a ball he was dropping already...

The issue is this, a defender can strike a player in the helmet, and yes he will get a penalty, but the offensive player then has to go through concussion protocol which means he is out of the game and the defender is still in. If the player fails the tests, he is removed from the rest of the game. It will be easy in the playoffs to head hunt unless the NFL makes a rule that if a defender is flagged for hitting in the head, then he remains off the field as long as the person hit is off the field.

Next week someone could go after Tate or Kearse or Baldwin in the first series and knock them out of the game and only get a 15 yeard penalty. Carolina could take Crabtree out of the game tomorrow on the first play from scrimmage if they want.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No as someone stated they wanted to send a message early that it would not be as easy as the first matchup. Bush basically had nowhere to hit Harvin. If he really was targeting Harvin, he would have led with his helmet instead of his shoulder.....It's just football man. Things like that will happen especially to WR/TE

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't dirty at all. Is it a penalty in today's NFL? Yes but dirty? hell no.

The coaches weren't even mad because they understood that Bush just was doing whatever he can to prevent Harvin from completing the catch

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't blame the saints if that was the plan.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No as someone stated they wanted to send a message early that it would not be as easy as the first matchup. Bush basically had nowhere to hit Harvin. If he really was targeting Harvin, he would have led with his helmet instead of his shoulder.....It's just football man. Things like that will happen especially to WR/TE

If he wanted to put himself at risk for a concussion, then yes, he would have led with his head. I believe some players now might attempt to hit players in the head with the forearm or shoulder and still cause concussion. They get a 15 yard penalty and the offensive playmaker is out for the game. We have a guy who could take a couple people out if he wanted to play that way. Kam Chancellor could just target Crabtree or Steve Smith early in the next game and remove them from the game. The penalty will cost us yards and maybe a score, but a team without their top receiver for the rest of the game is going to have a tougher time.