• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Saints @ Seahawks: Week 3

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carroll might have the second highest win percentage in the last 7 years. So who are you going to replace him with that's better? I don't think Belichick is available. Today wasn't a great coaching day for the Hawk's coaches, but you don't fire people after one loss.

I'm not gonna preach to fire him but his coaching style is somewhat archaic in some forms and it does hold back Wilson ever reaching his full potential imo

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna preach to fire him but his coaching style is somewhat archaic in some forms and it does hold back Wilson ever reaching his full potential imo

That may be true, but it's hard to argue with the results that Carroll has gotten so far. Only the Pats have more wins in the last 7 years if remember correctly. I love it when Wilson has a big stat day like yesterday, but it was wasted because we didn't get the "W". Carroll's methods may be somewhat old fashioned but he's brought us 6 winning seasons in a row with it. Yesterday's coaching fiasco (deep throws on 4th and 1, running on 3rd and long, bad use of timeouts, etc...) was an unusual day for the Hawks coaching staff. The coaches don't always get it right but they don't usually get it as wrong as they did yesterday.

One more thing we should all remember, the Saints are a dam good football team, and just because they were missing a major piece in Brees it doesn't mean the rest of that team isn't solid as hell. Their O-line is crazy good for example. I bet at least half of us Hawks fans had this game penciled in as a loss when the schedule first came out so we shouldn't go too crazy over this game in my opinion. If we lose to the Cards next week I think I'll hit the panic button a little more.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My takeaway from yesterday is basically what we all said last week about Carson fumbling. Fucking TD this time and it basically cost us the game because the team never really recovered. And ST giving up a punt return TD early. Bad fuckups that need correcting.Take those off the board and we are possibly singing a different tune today. Kamara killed us but he does that to a lot of teams. Aside from him, the Saints offense didn't do a lot but some of the missed tackling by our guys was concerning. And some of the playcallung was head scratching, to say the least. What's done is done and like @dkmightyhammer said, we likely had this or the steelers games (maybe both) pencilled in as a loss before the season started so it isn't the end of the season. Really wish KJ would have caught that int late for a pick 6 though.
On a more positive note, zero sacks given up. RW with some big numbers although 50 attempts is a bit much for my liking. Bobby Wags ties a club record with 18 tackles.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this team would go 12-4, and I still see that as a decent possibility. We get on track next week vs Arizona, and 3-1 after 4 games is about where I figured we would be. 4th youngest team in the league, late starts to the season by Clowney & Ansah plus Reed's suspension are not showing us what we truly have up front on D, and Carson is going to get it figured out or the other talented RBs will get their shot and do just fine. It took an avalanche of all sorts of things going wrong yesterday to come out on the wrong end of the score, but I'm not letting that cause me to re-think 10 years of significant success.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot sure went wrong yesterday. I'm not panicking but god damn they could not tackle Kamara to save their lives out there. The two bigs plays by the Saints D and special teams were obviously the difference. I think if that game is played 10 times Seattle wins more than they lose. Sometimes you just have a shit day. That said the run game really needs to get going for Seattle to play how they want to play and it doesn't help when your RB constantly puts the ball on the ground.

Absolutely CANNOT overlook the Cards next week. Playing with 3 LBs against their offense won't end well IMO. Need to make adjustments or it could easily be an L next week two. If that happens I'll be a lot more worried.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are very capable of winning a lot of games if they can get out of their own way. Hard to do with a young team some times and there is no doubt this is a young time for the most part.