• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sacramento VS Seattle relocation

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought more would come out of the last BOG meeting, yet we got no indication of who the BOG favors. However, per Stern's words, the 'Whale's' second offer will not be an issue in the BOG's decision.

Some big news will be coming forth in the next few weeks-- hopefully the news will revitalize our fan base, and draw more interest to the Kings' discussion. Even the RealGM boards have fallen out of favor due to the uncertainty of the team's future.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things not looking good for Sacramento.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan who would love to see a team back in Seattle, I am seeing some similarities in this situation as the one that took the Sonics from Seattle to that other hick town. I think it has been disgusting how the NBA is extorting the city of Sacramento, just as they did Seattle. "Do what we want, or we'll take your team away". Now, they're just prolonging the decision, which is just alienating both fan bases, and frustrating everyone. There doesn't seem to be any reason to prolong the situation except to try and get the parties involved to sweeten the deal for the NBA.

I am of mixed emotions on the move. It would be great to get a team in Seattle, but I want the Sonics back, not to take someone else's team.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like Seattle will have to try and steal a different team. Sac Town stepped up and put money towards an arena and brought forth a willing ownership group. I'd say the Milwaukee Bucks are next on Seattle's agenda (that's if expansion is off the table).

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like Seattle will have to try and steal a different team. Sac Town stepped up and put money towards an arena and brought forth a willing ownership group. I'd say the Milwaukee Bucks are next on Seattle's agenda (that's if expansion is off the table).

How are they stealing? The team was up for sale and Hansen bought a majority in the Kings to move them to Seattle... he has never said otherwise, unlike Bennett in 2008.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hansen and Ballmer are not walking away without there 30 million deposit. The deposit was just small part of what they have invested. They made an offer way beyond what the Kings were worth and put down 30 million deposit that was non refundable. Expect lawsuits to follow.
Already citizens of Sacramento have filed a lawsuit over Mayor Johnson turning over Millions and millions of dollars worth of assets to the investment group who wanted the difference made up between what the Kings are worth vs what it would take to match Hansen offer.
NBA doesn't really have an argument, other then they want the team to stay in Sacramento. I don't see that as a legit argument to void a sale that was over and above the worth of the team, with solid financing, and a non refundable 30million deposit. I think the courts will find Hansen offer as a done deal.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay attention to the section called a stinking deal it outlines how Kevin Johnson is giving away a fortune of city assets and revenues.
One thing I learned as as sports fan going thru the lost of the Sonics is that sports fans are a small minority, I know hard to believe, but its true. When Sacramento taxpayers really realize that just what the real cost to the city is, the shit will hit the fan.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is certainly going to be interesting to follow, I still think there is a chance everything falls through and Seattle gets the Kings... slight chance.

The more I've thought about this I understand the unanimous vote by the relocation committee. Sacramento has done everything that Stern has asked, and Stern gave them plenty of opportunity, so the vote was more about that, it wasn't a Seattle vs Sacramento vote. The owners will have to vote on the sale and I just don't see them voting 'no', but I expect Hansen and Ballmer to slowly back out if there is no way they can move the team.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Latest on Bringing the NBA Back to Seattle

hansen-mic5_180_180.jpeg
Chris Hansen

In an effort to further demonstrate the extent of our commitment to bring basketball back to Seattle, we have elected to voluntarily increase our proposed purchase price for the Sacramento Kings NBA Franchise by $75 million — from an enterprise value of $550 million to $625 million. In conjunction with our revised offer, we have also guaranteed to the NBA that the Franchise would be a revenue sharing payer in all years in Seattle.
We would also like to take the opportunity to again point out just how far ahead our Arena project is:

• The ownership group has acquired 100% of the property necessary to construct the Arena.
  • We have 100% of our private financing for the Arena committed and in place.
  • After being approved by the City and County Councils the Arena MOU/legislation was signed into law by the Seattle Mayor and King County Executive on October 16, 2012. The referendum period expired 30 days later.
  • We engaged our Arena architects two years ago and have completed our detailed design schematics and costing.
  • We have filed for our Master Use Permit and are well underway with the Environmental Review Process, which we expect to conclude late this year.
While we appreciate that this is a very difficult decision for the league and owners, we hope it is understood that we really believe the time is now to bring the NBA back to Seattle, and that it is paramount that we do everything we can to put Seattle’s best foot forward in this process.