• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sabean has learned from 2013

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Brian Sabean should be a HOF GM is going 7 deep in starting pitchers this year. In 2013 after the 2012 WS win his boys were tired and maybe they had a little letdown. The Giants had some players play in that world WS thing and a key guy Vogey went down that year. He should not of pitched in that thing. He needed rest. The Giants can rest guys this year and make their run picking up guys at the ALL Star break. Going 7 deep is a great move and that is why Sabes should go into the Hall. He LEARNED from 2013.The season still needs to play out but I like the Giants chances of becoming the first NL team to repeat as Champs since the Reds in 1975. They have all the intangibles as a team to get it done. It can happen again.

Ya gotta believe..

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been thinking this same thing the last few days (not that this is his ticket to the HOF, but that it is a smart move).

With Petit AND Vogey in the pen, the Giants can use both of them as Super-Relievers, and never ask the starter to go more than 5 IP or so. He has 2 guys that can go 2+ inning any day of the week.

This may be the start of the complete dissolution of the very concept of starting-pitcher in baseball.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal , you make a good point that if this 7 man rotation works and the Giants go far in the playoffs in could change thinking around the league about going deeper with more men.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying go with a 7-man rotation. That will never happen. We have a solid Ace, so there is no reason to anyway.

I am talking about using both Vogey and Petit in the role Petit played in the playoffs (and what Timmeh did in the '12 playoffs).

I don't know. Just spitballing when there is nothing else to talk about...

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool I knew what you were saying. It's going to be interesting to see how Bochy uses all his pitchers this year. If the Giants repeat and he pushes all the right buttons his resume will really jump off the paper.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying go with a 7-man rotation. That will never happen. We have a solid Ace, so there is no reason to anyway.

I am talking about using both Vogey and Petit in the role Petit played in the playoffs (and what Timmeh did in the '12 playoffs).

I don't know. Just spitballing when there is nothing else to talk about...
I have advocated multiple times here for pitching Bum every 5th turn, and everyone else every 6th turn.

And you'd still have Petit as the long reliever.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Brian Sabean should be a HOF GM is going 7 deep in starting pitchers this year. In 2013 after the 2012 WS win his boys were tired and maybe they had a little letdown. The Giants had some players play in that world WS thing and a key guy Vogey went down that year. He should not of pitched in that thing. He needed rest. The Giants can rest guys this year and make their run picking up guys at the ALL Star break. Going 7 deep is a great move and that is why Sabes should go into the Hall. He LEARNED from 2013.The season still needs to play out but I like the Giants chances of becoming the first NL team to repeat as Champs since the Reds in 1975. They have all the intangibles as a team to get it done. It can happen again.

Ya gotta believe..

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:
I knew back in 2013 pitching in the World Classic was a big mistake after all that postseason pitching. Vogelsong paid for it that season

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think Sabean is a great GM I don't believe that the way 2015 is unfolding was his master plan. IMHO he is doing the best he can with what he has. During this off season he's gone after a few SPs. Lester was a prime target. I just don't think he was able to get the level of SP that he wanted. This left him where we are at the moment. Again, IMHO the SP is questionable at best. So many unanswered questions. What will Cain really deliver? Huddy is 39 years old. He had a horrible 2nd half last year. Just hope it was all due to the injury. I don't care who Timmy works with. He still has to prove that he can turn the corner. He's always had flashes in the past 3 or so years. Maybe this is the year he stabilizes. Will Bum be affected by last years workload? While I love Voggy ... it is still Voggy. I think we will compete again this year. Just a lot of question marks. But I think every year starts with a bunch of question marks! For me the key to this year will be Belt's production. Does he finally produce what we all feel he is capable of?