• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

sabathia

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope … why would we?

Dude can't even get his fat, decrepit ass over to 1B to cover for starters.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The due can still pitch plus I was impressed when he left his bonus out there to take up for his team.

With that said, I have hated him since his days in Cleveland

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind it. Better than bringing back Shields.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind it. Better than bringing back Shields.
that's the thing. he'd be inexpensive and we need a vet on this staff. what i like is that he just wants to play ball still. and i think he still has a few games left in him. even at 38 he had a very good era this past season (better than his lifetime and better than any sox pitcher). who cares if he's too fat to cover first on a rare occasion? we're not going anywhere and, tho i hated him as an indian i think he could help this team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the thing. he'd be inexpensive and we need a vet on this staff. what i like is that he just wants to play ball still. and i think he still has a few games left in him. even at 38 he had a very good era this past season (better than his lifetime and better than any sox pitcher). who cares if he's too fat to cover first on a rare occasion? we're not going anywhere and, tho i hated him as an indian i think he could help this team.

Since he got sober - he's had a legitimate career resurgence over the past three seasons. He looked completely finished and now he's reeled off three consecutive seasons with a sub 4.00 ERA. Since that time, he's also reportedly embraced the role of "veteran leader" in quite a big way. I often roll my eyes at that kind of a thing. However, he's a guy who has seen the highest of highs and the lowest of lows in Major League baseball. From Cy Young awards, World Series chases... to watching your career fall apart and winding up in rehab. THEN... piecing it back together again. In his mid-late 30's, nonetheless.

He won't be expensive and I view him as a better version of what we've had in Shields recently. He'll probably want to go somewhere that there is the potential for a title chase, though.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the Yankees don't take him back and assuming he'd be willing to sign elsewhere for a one year deal, sure, why not. I just don't see this particular scenario taking place. His preference is to return to the Yanks. I'm sure he'd like at least one more shot at the post season and all its possibilities. He'd get that chance with the Yanks or some other contending ballclub, not the Sox.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He resigned with the Yankees yesterday. 1 year for 8 million